Steadfast Satchel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ZerksTheLizard, Apr 25, 2017.

1. ZerksTheLizard Journeyman

Is there going to be another chance to buy the satchel other than the 2nd chance? my accounts already has the 2nd chance one and cannot buy another one
  2. Arrk Augur

That is one item of news everyone is waiting to hear...
  3. andross77 Elder

My question is: How do i know if i have the second chance one or the first one? I never played on Ragefire or Lockjaw, only Phinny and that's where i bought it. Does that mean i have at least one steadfast satchel i can buy for Agnarr?
  4. Tudadar Augur

You can start the process of buying the 2nd chance but not complete it. If you have second chance it will say you arent allowed to buy it once you log in. There is also some screen in the account management that showed all purchases.
  5. Chillys Lorekeeper

Likewise, if we purchase a 2nd chance satchel for the first time, will we be able to claim it as soon as Agnarr opens? Roshen can you comment or add to the FAQ? Thank you.
  6. Acen Elder

I never bought a bag in my life for RL money. I was totally against it, just because I thought the price was just stupid. The wife bought 2 of these after we subed for our secret excitement of the upcoming server. So I cant have her with good bags while I have 4 slot pieces of crap. I have always liked the idea of working for everything I get, but the thought of carrying crushbone belts a 1000 times to Canloe made me think twice. Ashamed but relieved, I bought 2. LOL. Its foolishness, but hey its my fun.
  7. AgentofChange Augur

If it makes you feel any better taking belts to Canloe will be a massive waste of your time now. Still good if you need the dwarf faction though, and you're into that kind of thing I guess.
  8. Acen Elder

Yea its fun to me, I dont care much if its worth it.
  9. MaestroM Augur

Taking belts to Canloe is kind of like a rite of passage. You're not a real Faydwerian unless you've dumped a few backpack loads of belts and pads on that dude.
  10. Draekon Elder

Just pretend it's two gucci purse and you have your little gucci wallet. lol
  11. Kinlin Lorekeeper

This is 100% true, even though I've done this quest hundreds of times. Every new character I make has to turn in belts/pads.
  12. Zapsos Augur

I never got why they don't just let us buy as many as these as we want, why would DBG turn down an extra 30 bucks if I wanted an extra one for convenience.
  13. MaestroM Augur

You have to be careful about how much gear (even if it doesn't impact direct in-game power) you make available for sale in an MMO. It may seem trivial, but the robust in-game economy is a big reason people play games like EQ. Bags are a piece of that economy, especially at the lower end (hand-made backpacks in particular). If everyone rolls around in 20 slot 100% wr bags, it diminishes the value of other bags, which has an impact on the overall economy (even though it may seem small).
  14. Ginix Augur

I'll echo that point. Weight doesn't matter much at all here so why not sell as many as people wanna buy? I don't see this as an unfair advantage.
  15. Chillys Lorekeeper

Yep. I would say the impact has less to do with devaluing items and more to do with .....

Auto advanced loot. Given how little rule breakers are policed, it is a poor idea to let players have 320 item slots in a game that can be heavily automated with loot that can be automatically distributed.
    MaestroM likes this.
  16. Dysaio New Member

Also need this info, sure me can just create new account (no vet rewards on Agnarr anyway) but why not get another chance to buy it?
  17. RiplyAnklebiter Lorekeeper

Any clue on where to find the "First" chance satchel lol? I have gone to the store and initiated the sale without completing, just to see what it says.....all it mentions is 2nd chance, and I know there is no way I bought the first one.
  18. Baldur Augur

This is just a guess, but I believe because some people think it's an unfair advantage, especially when a server first launches. By only allowing one per account it's not as big of an advantage as it would be if they let you buy as many as you wanted.

It's a fine line they walk with pay to win. Most people don't want to play in an environment that's pay to win.
  19. Mashef Augur

They only nerfed quest exp on Phinny. It won't be a waste of time. Thanks for your input.
  20. AgentofChange Augur

They actually nerfed Quest XP across all the servers, sorry to break this news to ya.
    Machentoo likes this.