All Servers Coming Down?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fanra, Apr 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuddlebutts New Member

How are we sure that the game is not ending tonight?
  2. fransisco Augur

They mentioned that if they didn't do it now, there might be rollbacks - which means you lose everything you did tonight anyways.
    Thancra likes this.
  3. Hostility Elder

These kinds of things happen on online video games. Especially ones as old as this one and with as many expansions and changes. Mark my words if this effected your raid time, something like this will happen again.
    Thancra likes this.
  4. GothicCelt Lorekeeper

He/She/It DOES have a quiet career with their EQ website ... god info nd fun to read ! Expand your horizons on the WWW Fuddle ..." 'cause knowing is half the battle !" :)

:cool:
  5. Eddz New Member

That's not the point. This should have been identified earlier.
  6. RadarX Augur

I can change the wording up there if it will help but this unfolded very quickly and we are doing what's necessary to prevent loss and further inconvenience to everyone..
  7. Mortium Elder

Wow, can't believe servers are still down! Went to bed after they had been down for 4 hours and still down.
  8. Morbidhorror New Member

RadarX how about a day or 2 of of Double XP since servers have been down pretty much all day then? That would be awesome and show that DBG really care for their customers
  9. Starlace New Member

Tough crowd... Did you try kicking it? Works for my super NES. :D
    Elricvonclief and Chaosflux like this.
  10. svann Augur

Took my wife shopping this morning cause the game was down anyway. Now you do this to me. Cant win.
  11. Eddz New Member

I agree with the decision to take the game down for maintenance. I am seeking opportunity to unravel these issues at an earlier time. I suppose the post mortem would be to ask why was this unraveled at the time it did. Thanks to the team for their continued support of this ancient dragon.
  12. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Some of you are being completely ridiculous about this... it's a major problem, it happens in ALL games. It needs to be fixed immediately. It's not the end of the world.
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

How are we sure that the WORLD is not ending tonight? :eek:

Its just 3 hours downtime, no need to be so dramatic. :)
  14. GuyPersonMan New Member

Take me shopping
  15. Bahdah Augur

16. Zolav Augur

Funny this is exactly what my guild/raid leader said in Teamspeak. Makes sense to me! Appreciate you fixing it so we dont lose loot. Its not the end of the world lol.
  17. Cactuszach Elder

I know any down time is frustrating, but to be totally fair here, today's update was addressing a hardware issue on Daybreak's side. Any further issues caused by addressing the hardware couldnt be known until after said maintenance.

If you swap out a video card on your computer you have no idea if you will run into driver issues, for example, until after you swap the hardware and encounter the issue.
  18. Shaded Journeyman

6 hrs of "down time" in 1 day? when I pay for a service I expect to get that service. when I can not get that service I expect compensation. since I pay with money compensation should be with the same, a free month seems approptiate
    Morbidhorror likes this.
  19. baddog Journeyman

Just think tomorrow the game could be done for 8 hours or more . Just like every other Wednesday.
  20. GuyPersonMan New Member

I want 240 Ancient sebilisian coins as compensation
    Cakekizy and Thancra like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.