[Agnarr] Zurdula Guild (US time zone)

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Razzle, Mar 22, 2017.

1. AgentofChange Augur

How do you plan on distributing loot?
  2. Snoochi New Member

Raid loot will be assigned to appropriate classes and eligible players will be randomed for the items.

We currently have a 1 loot drop per raid rule, Mains are entitled to roll before alts.

Raiders who have been granted an item during a raid will only be allowed to roll on another piece of loot if no other mains/alts are interested.

We do not expect gearing to be an issue, with this type of server everyone will eventually get the gear they desire in due time.

Also Epic pieces and Keys will be assigned on a case-by-case basis, generally favoring those who are closest to completion.
    Noblesquire likes this.
  3. Razzle Augur

That is a good summation. Our loot system is posted on our guild website, it uses a combination of random and class priorities. We dont use DKP or points that accumulate for attendance. We took attendance out of the loot system completely since we cater to causal players.
  4. andross77 Elder

I and my wife would love to join this guild!
  5. Razzle Augur

We would love to have you guys. We have a lot of married couples. We have about 100 members so far.
  6. Troubadurix Lorekeeper

Such a shame that you guys are US based ;)
  7. Razzle Augur

When the server opens up, I sure some Euro and Asian time zone guilds will pop up pretty quickly. I would of thought one would of pop up for Pre-server recruiting by now, but hasn't happened yet. Keep the faith my friend.
  8. Troubadurix Lorekeeper

Aye, I hope so too. Been seeing quite a few euro-players who's been asking about EU guilds. So far, no guilds have taken it up, unfortunately.

Untill then, I will be jollying around, playing my music, sining my songs to those who needs it. ;)
  9. taliefer Augur

Be interesting to see if you can last long term with the whole /random for loot. Never seen a successful guild make that work long term.
  10. Zeltari-Ragefire Lorekeeper

Pretty much this. I would never join a guild with this ruleset.
  11. Hefeweizen New Member

If you think about it, it's basically a loot council that determines the winner by random numbers. We did lots of loot council raids from Classic through velious in 1999-2001. It worked out just fine for years!

This is the same but once they determine the classes, it gets rolled to who finally gets it. It's very fair in the end.
  12. Troubadurix Lorekeeper

Yup - my old guild, Anam Kara, did the same thing - loot council. Only problem was, they were a bit biased sometimes.
  13. Zeltari-Ragefire Lorekeeper

A loot council is significantly different then /ran. That comparison makes little to no sense.
  14. Haladan Lorekeeper

The guilds I've been in have always been loot council mostly. However noble the idea might be of giving everybody an equal chance at getting some loot, it is bound to generate lots and lots of salt .. imagine being somebody who attends every raid and then you end up losing the /random on that one item you've been waiting for so long to somebody who only attends a raid once a month say. Now I'm the kind of person that enjoys EQ even if I don't have BiS and have to run around in the "rags" I am able to obtain during my solo/group adventures, but I doubt many see it that way. The bigger the guild (and it seems Zurdula is aimed at being a zerg guild (no insult intended, it's just the name commonly used for it)), the more variance in the types of people you end up rolling against (from very low to very high raid attendance), the more risk of salt .. So what usually happens is, high attendance people will start splitting from the guild to not constantly have to lose against people who have much lower attendance and you end up not getting a steady raid force anymore at all in the end. I have seen it happen so many times. I have no idea what the best approach is. I have never had too many negative experiences with loot council. Though sometimes you can debate this or that decision, it's been an overall ok experience for me.

PS: Somebody start setting up a EURO guild already. I'm waiting to apply. :D Would be nice to not have to shift my sleeping schedule this time around. ;)
  15. Kahna Augur

Yeah, those loot rules are a huge turn off. Most guilds run off a solid core, people who know each other, and the mechanics of the encounters, who can cover for the mistakes of folks who don't raid so often. This loot method discourages the core from sticking around by failing to reward their dedication and loyalty. That means your raids are going to have a higher percentage of folks who aren't as familiar with the content and mechanics or each other. Your raids will be more frustrating and less productive.

The core folks will have better luck in a guild that rewards attendance, of which there will be plenty, and even your 50-75% ers will do better in a guild that tracks attendance. As they will get gear more consistently and raids will run smoother, take less time, have fewer deaths.

The only group of folks who do better with your method are the 0-50% raiders. To be successful you will have to have a huge number of these folks to make sure you have the right classes on at any given time. Raids will take much longer and have more deaths because folks won't know each other's abilities or the encounters. People's gear will be all over the place because you will have so many mouths to feed and there will be no telling if tonight's tanks have the gear to handle the mobs or not. Raiding will be a struggle to herd the cats, moreso than it already is, and you will lose higher attendance people who want a stable raid scene.

Good luck, you have a fight ahead of you. Even breaking the groups into 50%+ raiders and 0-49% raiders might make you more successful. You have to reward loyatly or your folks will find someone who does. It is a nice idea in theory, in practice you are making a management nightmare for yourselves.
    Troubadurix likes this.
  16. mugwump New Member

I agree with the past few posts about the loot rules- was going to app until I read them.

With the larger raid forces needed for much of the content, there's no reason not to use some sort of DKP system (even over loot council, because if tracking attendance of 70 players, may as well be using DKP).

Hope it does work for the guild, but for the level of organization the guild appears to have, the loot rules seem pretty poorly thought out if not lazy.
  17. AgentofChange Augur

Don't worry, when I win that /random cloak of flames I'll offer people in the guild the first shot at buying it!
  18. Troubadurix Lorekeeper

Problem with a loot council is, you have to have trust in the people who arr in the council. I've experienced far too many times, where a few of these council-members were...lets say...easy-to-bribe-ish... some of them gave the items to players whom they personally grouped with a lot etc.

I guess that in the end, a variant of a DKP system would be best, and with rules that allows you to only buy one item etc in a set amount of time. I remember that Europa, my guild on P99, had this sort of system - and it worked. It gave people the chance of signing up as "scouts", checking for FFA raid mobs, letting them earn one DKP pr ACTIVE hour invested in scouting. It did, however, require some effort in form of screenshots with timestamps etc, to maintain.

Also - if you find a european raid guild, let me know ;)
    Haladan likes this.
  19. Razzle Augur

Interesting debate about loot systems. This is suppose to be a recruitment ad, looks like it got high jacked. This is a PoP locked server, which means raiders will be raiding the same crap over and over again everyone will get whatever loot they want regardless of what loot system is used. Toons actually have a begining and an end here, max lvl, aa and gear done, next toon up. Most of the heavy raiders need DKP or some sort which is fine because they are in a hurry to gear up. On Agnarr what is the point of hurrying up? The server is capped. Unless you are in a hurry to raid PoP over and over again. If you gear up fast, you run out of goals ...get bored and stop playing.

Everyone has different opinions about loot systems the debate would be endless with no winner. Just find a guild with a loot system you like and go with it. It doesnt matter what other guilds are doing.

Zerg guild heh that is a WoW term. Which doesnt mean large guild btw, it somehow mutated into that. Doesnt matter how large or small the guild is, as long as the people in it are having fun. Plus doing pre-server recruiting you don't really how many will actually show up when the server opens. We are not trying to fill in raids slots when looking for members, we are just looking for cool people to play EQ with. Raiding is just one part of EQ.

We are not looking for people that want a DKP system so it pointless to keep debating about it in our recruitment ad. So Hack Jack over. Cheers!
    Noblesquire and Troubadurix like this.
  20. Zeltari-Ragefire Lorekeeper

The problem is your system is not a good system. Its not even a mediocre system. It is just a bad system and will end badly. That is what people are pointing out.

While I was considering joining this guild (along with my friends who are jumping to Agnarr) its good to know to not bother with this guild.