Will Quest xp be nerfed on Agnarr?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Treesong, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Treesong Elder

I hope Roshen or someone else will be able to answer this. :)

TLDR: I hope they will not nerf Quest XP as they did on Phinny but instead just fix the few exploitable quests where pet-classes on Auto exploit a broken spawnpoint (i.e. firebeetles).

My reasoning: I found it very unfortunate that they ruined quest xp for every quest: there are quit a few quests in the game that take you from 10 minutes to a couple hours that actually give you noticable XP for the first 40 levels in the game and I find that a fun way to (slowly) level. These are quests that require running around, travelling, killing named NPC's, looting containers and so forth. For instance hunting Rabid Wolves and Grizzlies in Qeynos Hills and turning in the hides in North Qeynos: this is nice xp at low levels but requires a lot more actual gameplay.

There are many such quests and they are fun. It is ridiculous that all these quests got their xp axed too. A quest like the above is now a pretty useless thing to do, unless you are looking for Faction. As a side effect, it actually creates some playeraction in what otherwise would be a dead zone (Qeynos Hills as an example again). Let us keep this EverQUEST please. Another one would be camping the two Evil Guards at the Tower in West Karana and handing in their bracers in North Karana. This is pretty mindless Questing, however, because of the slow spawntime and the level of the mobs, this is actually slow XP and can definately not be done on Auto. As a side effect, because this was a popular camp, there was socializing when players took turns, or helped eachother with other quests in that area like with the Langseaxe quest. I.e. bring back Quests from the dead! Especially on a server that tries to recreate some of the old Nostalgia, killing Questing like this is pretty harsh.
    Kanuvan, oldkracow and Soon like this.
  2. Soon Augur

Or they can revert the quest experience, and modify the quest experience gain to 1/10 if player level is lower than 20.
    Kanuvan likes this.
  3. Troubadurix Lorekeeper

Canloe Nusback approves this post!
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  4. Aaramis Augur

Some quests with multiple turn-ins or easily farmed items (eg. orc belts, gnoll fangs, goblin ears, bone chips) can be abused to quickly jump to level 20+ quickly, so I understand the nerfing of those quests.

I just wish they wouldn't nerf *every* quest. Additionally, it's one thing to dial back the quest reward xp a tad, but what they did on Phinny was just plain harsh and made questing only useful for factioning, which is unfortunate.
  5. Razzle Augur

This is sad panda.
  6. AgentofChange Augur

Quest xp IS nerfed and won't be reverted.
  7. Gremin Augur

Don't expect Agnarr to have anything special except locked at LDoN. It's a cash grab.
  8. Grimm New Member

Does this mean even quests like Orc Belts/Shoulders don't yield significant XP?
  9. Rhodz Augur

By the time you can collect enough belts the xp is meaningless.

This was done because PH xp is so low these quests were seen as disruptive and one could bypass a lot of of that contrived pain inflected on players for a few levels. Works ok for a later alt if you bank all the belts or for faction or a bit of cash otherwise sell em for what you can get and move on, there are better things to do.
  10. Rhodz Augur

Meh the xp is meaningless on a server with a decent xp rate unlike PH which is so low players would grasp at any relief from the contrived pain.
    Thank PH for the nerf that is what it was done to "protect".
    Better things to do anyway.
  11. AgentofChange Augur

LOL
  12. Rhodz Augur

So easily amused...
  13. Rojas82 Journeyman

I want my Crush Bone turn in quest exp renewed or Riot!!
  14. Baldur Augur

This was done because quest XP on a TLP was the same as it was on live.

That's why it was so good.

They didn't nerf it, all they did was apply the same XP reduction that regular XP gets to quest XP on a TLP.

You can still get level 4 with 100p on the wine quest in about 5 minutes on Phinny. That should be even better on Agnarr since it will have a better XP rate.
  15. bodes Augur

That wasn't a Phinny change, it was an Everquest change and affected every server including Live. Any time you need to understand if a change will be active on Agnarr just read the patch notes and see if it says TLP only.

Agnarr is a great idea and will be a thriving community because it gives a new home to former players of P99 and Al'Kabor as well as offering a new instanced TLP to anyone who missed Phinny.

Just because you made a bad choice and got your guild stuck on an abandoned non-instanced TLP doesn't make it ok to s#^t all over a server other people are excited about.
  16. Gremin Augur

Once again you are reading more into my posts then stated.
  17. Kiani Augur

When Kunark opened on Ragefire, one guy got to 56 or so the first day simply by handing in thousands upon thousands of bone chips (which could be farmed afk) in Kaladim. He only didn't get to 60 because a GM killed the npc.

While I agree that it would be nice if quests still gave appreciable exp, there's obviously something wrong with the system if a newbie quest gets better xp than grouping. Being able to hand in stacks of items for quests means that these quests are much easier to do many times.

Ideally, quests should have a level limit, and diminishing xp, like mobs of different con, but I don't think that mechanism exists in EQ, and presumably would be too much effort to implement.

But it's still possible to farm CB belts on main and use them to give an alt a boost, and things like that. It just takes more than it used to.
  18. bodes Augur

I can read more if you like.

I'm thinking that applications to the Dead Server Society have dried up and in a desperate attempt to avoid disbanding you've taken to bashing Agnarr in the hopes that someone will think "Maybe this brand new instanced server that has everyone excited isn't what I'm looking for. Maybe a 2 year old server no population or instances is better"

Good luck with that
  19. Rhodz Augur

po-ta-to po-nerf-o

Someone wakes up on the wrong side of the bed then something gets touched for no particularly good reason and a nice little benefit suffers. Meh such is EQ.
  20. Gremin Augur

Nope, not at all. I just stated the obvious that Agnarr is a cash grab like Phini is/was. Daybreak is about making money first and foremost.

I played on EQMAC and enjoyed it being locked and wish that server all the best but don't expect much dev time to make that server anything special other then being locked at LDoN.

As far as DHS goes since you asked we are doing fine with 60ish mains on raids 3 days a week and killed Emp in SSRA last night for first time in era.

Have a good day Bodes.