Improve Rogue Poisons

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Kenre, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Kenre Journeyman

TDS had a little boost in poisons for rogues with Mana Poison for the DMG and a choice between a snare/slow with island toxin (which I would love to not have the slow portion blocked if the mob isn't snareable) and some debuffs with Ancient Miasma. But that is now two expansions past.

Poisons used to be a fun part of the class that added to DPS and utility but as far as DPS goes poisons are almost irrelevant. Procs for 8-16k (non crits) once every 5-15 seconds is pretty minimal for a class that specializes in poison making. I would love to see some love with new poisons that make a difference in gameplay and get rogues back to their poison days. I would like to see higher dmg on poisons to have them become relevant with the higher dmg outputs that classes have now. We don't need a zerker dicho equivalent (though I sure wouldn't complain) but I would like to be able to see a difference with my poisons applied.
  2. segap Augur

Our pants poison is way over due for an upgrade. That should be little effort on their part. Or at least throw everyone a bone and add relic fragments to the EoK loot tables. Going to TDS zones to farm consumables is getting very old.

Would be nice to get upgrades for all the other poisons, but tradeskills seem to be on hiatus other than coming up with tedium recycling ancient recipes for skill cap raises.
  3. Kenre Journeyman

Yeah, a simple leg poison upgrade and if I want to get greedy a DPS class getting a DPS BP...not Dazzling Blades again.
  4. fransisco Augur

I think it'd be neat for rogues to have more of their damage come from poison.
    Dre. likes this.
  5. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Id like to see rogue DPS come from anywhere at this point. we are 2 years behind All other classes with our DPS ability. In raids, rogues are so irrelevant now. Was in top 3 classes for DPS for 15 years and now I cant get in top 10.

To prevent a de-rail of this post .... Yes. new better poison is much needed.
  6. telechir Elder

Better poisons, definitely. And fix the broken ones (I'm looking at you Island Toxin).

And to prevent a de-rail prevention, they should also let throwing assassinate without rear arc if you have the chaotic stab AA. And it would be nice if Surprise Attack spun the target 180 degrees for its duration, that would alleviate a lot of DPS loss from that little dance.
  7. segap Augur

It is derailing.... getting position is part of being a rogue. No to lazy, easy mode. It's one of the unique parts of the class that makes it more fun than just smashing buttons. They should never have added frontal backstab to begin with.
  8. telechir Elder

Wait, while solo, quickly stepping forward thru mob, stunning, then stepping back thru mob to its now stunned rear and hitting backstab+assault+Shadowhunter+puncture to get the maximum assassinate attempts is some special rogue know-how leet skill that should be cherished as "part of" the class? I just think making it a spin-stun would be a neat option since the things you fight in groups are either immune to the stun, or if not then so trivial that the stun isn't needed. Summoning your best poison from a clicky seems like lazy easy mode more than having a useful skill.

But now to derail the derail back to topic (since others can go a little off topic but apparently I'm not allowed), what would you think of mob-specific poisons? Say, a poison that had a handful of useful effects but would only proc against certain mobs; so it's really good against certain mobs, but does not get used up on others.

Another idea that would be a good dps poison, one that turns a mob humanoid.
  9. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Got to admit: Telechir has some cool ideas.
  10. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Segap loves the nerf bat. LOL

Frontal Backstab comes directly from the Movie "Dungeons and Dragons" where the master rogue could perform a special kind of Riposte and backstab his opponent beginning from the front.

In the end its just a matter of what DPS we can turn out. Honestly don't care how its done. It just needs to be done better.
  11. Dre. Altoholic

Spider/Scorpion really not providing much of a boost anymore either.
  12. Bamboompow Augur

Came back to EQ after a hiatus and the current state of rogues has made it a bit difficult to get motivated to join a raid. Group play is still fun, but yah, any boost to rogues, even if dependent on a tradeskill, would be appreciated. Raids at least are not being flooded with the Class of the Month which are Zerkers, but there are so few rogues and no guilds seem in any rush to accept any. Its to the point where Alliance ability and T/V is firmly checked under the "Don't Bother" box.
  13. Brohg Augur

[Mon Apr 24 23:07:09 2017] Queen Velazul Di`Zok's poisonous alliance is fulfilled!
    [Mon Apr 24 23:07:19 2017] Queen Velazul Di`Zok's poisonous alliance is fulfilled!
    [Mon Apr 24 23:09:36 2017] Queen Velazul Di`Zok's poisonous alliance is fulfilled!
    [Mon Apr 24 23:10:49 2017] Queen Velazul Di`Zok's poisonous alliance is fulfilled!
    [Mon Apr 24 23:12:22 2017] Queen Velazul Di`Zok's poisonous alliance is fulfilled!
    :D
    Belexes likes this.
  14. dwish Augur

I'm not sure who is parsing your raids, but rogues played at the highest level have no problems making the top 10. They usually fall after zerkers (like everyone else), especially on events with any type of AE at all. Sometimes, wizards can get them depending on the event, but rogues are not in that bad of a place compared to every other DPS except one, which is dominating everyone not just rogues.
    Belexes likes this.
  15. Belexes ForumQuester

Wait...how can that be? :p