Krono campers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by osirissx, Apr 22, 2017.

1. C3lowz Augur

BAM, and GEBs. Good luck getting either of those camp, and if you manage to do, have fun being considered the worst person who has ever played.
    Atabishi and Ming Tee like this.
  2. Ellis Elder

I really wish they'd disable Krono on Agnarr. There's nothing classic about these Krono campers ruining everyone else's experience.
  3. Rolento23 Journeyman

They will never do that, and how are they ruining your experience. Unless they are constantly training/KSing your camp. On Phinny. you had a Necro named Sachee (anyone who played on phinny during classic/Kunark would know that guy). Camping 1 pick most all day and night. With 2 other picks of Sol B locked down by regular groups. Most of the time by a guild that rotated members into it. Which is pretty normal.
  4. nagash101 Augur

Krono or plat, it would still happen. Kronos arent the problem.
    sifonin likes this.
  5. nagash101 Augur

Kronos arent the issue or a problem. if they didnt have them the plat farming would be ten times worse. Kronos make DBG money and keep the plat/kronos farmers using a currency that is profitable for DBG. Farmers will AWLAWYS be a presences on MMORPG. what people can do is report /pick hoping or /pick exploiting by the Farmers.

remember its a dps race and if they train you everyone needs to /petition that trainer/farmer.
    sifonin likes this.
  6. Trevalon Augur

These camps will be even more contested on Agnarr than they were on Phinny because of the recent changes to pick zones. Since a single group or even 2 groups probably cannot hold open a pick you can expect there to be no more than 1-2 SolB picks and maybe 3-4 Lguk picks.

The new pick changes are meh, but it is what it is.
  7. nagash101 Augur

I dont think they are camping Kronos, maybe gear to sell for plat or kronos which has always happened in EQ from almost day one. Farmers are gonna farm gear and someone will buy it either for plat or for kronos.
  8. nagash101 Augur

They have ran a few Krono deals in the past but i havent seen one in a long time.
  9. MaestroM Augur

If i were Daybreak's financial advisor I would probably put such a bulk krono purchase deal in place right now, where there is a big enough buzz/customer base to actually see some cashflow from it, let it run for a week or so. And then shut it down before Agnarr launches. The Agnarr launch will almost certainly see a bunch of people coming back to the game who are willing to drop 18.99 each for a few Kronos, so no need to have the promotion then. So you would want to get as many of those people to buy as possible. Then around Kunark or Velious do the promotion again.

I'm sure their marketer as looked at this stuff tho.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

It'll be the other way. The pick threshold is now much lower. You'll see more picks, not less.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

Agnarr will have the same pick mechanics as Phinny. However, they recently revamped pick mechanics to spawn picks more quickly (lower threshold) and to close low-population picks. In GE, for example, you will get a new pick when the existing picks are in the 18-20 range (used to be 40+). A pick will close if only 5 people in it. Again, this is in GE. No doubt it will vary some by zone.
  12. Galleyan Augur

^ this man speaks the truth. The only "issue" is that this I think this is likely to only improve primetime play times. It will actually probably shift some people's playstyles (mine included) who tended to focus on non-primetime hours to get stuff done.
  13. Draekon Elder

sure youll see more picks during the day, but at night they'll close. I watched a pick trigger to close about 1 minute after it went one person below the threshold to keep it open. There's no waiting, it'll kick your out soon as the number dips below threshold. Funny cause they claimed it would "wait" a while before triggering to close. And even if you fix that threshold amount after the trigger, it'll still close

So logically farmers will take base cause it'll never close overnight, leaving us plebs to wait til new pick opens and hope enough stay to keep it open. just dont pick the last pick to open cause i believe that'll be the first to close..
  14. Rhodz Augur

Depends on population not order of creation from what we have seen.
    My problem with it is closing when there is still a group in it not just a solo char.
  15. eqzekisdead Augur

Banning krono will never happen. How about instead we start a kickstarter fund to hire a GM to watch the server during the opening week. How much would we have to raise?
    Ming Tee likes this.
  16. nagash101 Augur

Yeah and watch for /pick abuse, training and boxers using software that shouldn't be named. I would fund that.
  17. svann Augur

Bring a bard and if they try to steal your mob by out dps'ing you then just charm the mob.
  18. Stewgottz Augur

Dispel's a hell uva drug.

Everquest is not able to be policed. They may catch a player violating the rules here or there, but most people know how to game the system and have countless F2P accounts with Krono stored. It is very much part of the game at this point. You either accept it or keeping running into the same wall expecting different results.

I'm just grateful the danm game is still running TBH.
  19. Machentoo Augur

Have they ever given a discount on krono? I don't think this is something they do. Especially since Krono are used for all access to all their games, a bulk deal targetted at Agnarr (which is a tiny drop in the Everquest bucket, which is a tiny drop in the bucket of all DBG's games) would probably not be a wise move overall.
  20. Tudadar Augur

A year or two ago they sold packs of 5 krono for $50 as a special event over a few days.