Epic Bottlenecks on Agnarr?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Enso, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Enso New Member

Likelihood epic bottle neck spawns/pieces will be addressed at all or will the same excitement as Phinny repeat itself here?
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

You'll get the enjoyment of socking Verina Tomb again I'm sure.
  3. malaki Augur

Bard Epic bottleneck is no longer an issue. The Enchanter parts will still suck horribly, and Broken Golem will still be dumb. Also Marl!
  4. snailish Augur

What true bottlenecks remain (I know there are some)? Is the enchanter drop in Fear still being killed because the zone is permafarmed (used to be true on live) for other things?

The dev team has chipped away at these over the years, it would be nice to see this continue.

Difficulty of the encounter (i.e., needing a group or raid) should determine who is able to get the drop.
  5. Razzle Augur

Instanced raid zones I am not sure how that can have bottlenecks.
  6. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Have fun with all the people that farm epics....

You didnt play on phinny apparently. This didnt help the epic issue largely.
  7. malaki Augur

Verina and Vessel spawn in towns so no instance or pickzones. Broken Golem and Wraith do not spawn in istances either since instances collapse in 6 hours and they spawn later than that. Marl is hilarious for SK epic as well.
  8. Taladir Augur

And the pickzone changes (ie. not allowing 1-2 characters to hold open a pick) are only going to increase Marl's difficulty as compared to Phinigel, which was pretty daunting as it was.
  9. Rhodz Augur

Meh if it's backing up on Ph it may also on Ag.
    Unless one just decides it was never worth the boredom... presto no bottleneck.
  10. Galleyan Augur

I would love it if they would *FINALLY*... after all these years... address the bottlenecks that they have specifically ignored. They streamlined like 75% of the epics so that there were no more of these... but that last 25% is just misery (to the point where people don't even bother with the quest at all).
  11. AgentofChange Augur

RIP Shadowknights
  12. Pikallo Augur

Heh, I logged in my Phinny Verina/Vessel trackers a few times in the past couple weeks out of curiosity and they are both still perma-dead with lvl 1 trackers still sitting there, over a year later.
    Taladir likes this.
  13. Althiel Journeyman

I'm sure with the pick changes VSR will be a walk in the park too
  14. bodes Augur

On a POP-locked server there will always be plenty of time for epic bottlenecks
  15. Hadesborne Augur

Oh, don't forget the Slime Blood rarity. Mitigation bottlenecks are fine, but Enchanter/Wiz/SK and partly necro bottenecks are way over the top compared to other epics.
  16. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Lol poor ench/wiz/sk, they really do get screwed.
  17. Galleyan Augur

Does anyone remember why devs specifically chose to eliminate bottlenecks for certain classes but leave them in for a select few? I remember dev comments on the previous forums regarding the topic, but don't remember their justification (besides the fact that Holly hates all of you casual plebs ;) ).
  18. Ming Tee Augur

It would be nice to get these bottlenecks changed because if not they will be permanently camped forever on this server. It's a casual server, they just released an autofire feature, make it happen!

If they don't I guess I won't mind...VSR was an ez 2 box for me at luclin. $ =)
  19. AgentofChange Augur

Slime bloods will be a dime a dozen on Agnarr. Very easy epic.
  20. Taladir Augur

This actually couldn't be less true. The most relevant era for epics for most classes is Kunark, as subsequently those weapons start being replaced by Velious gear. In a PoP-locked server, there will never be epic 1.5's and 2.0's, so there's no impetus for those classes to complete the quest after Kunark except for completionism itself. Therefore, it's actually most relevant to remove bottlenecks on a fast-unlock, PoP-locked server.