Adoption Coins are A RIPOFF

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Poyzen Frawg, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Poyzen Frawg Augur

I just turned in 30 Cats for 30 coins. I purchased 3 random pets and got 3 cats back.

How the @#$%^&*U is that ok?
  2. Riou EQResource

RNG, you are probably better off just selling/trading to other players instead
  3. Poyzen Frawg Augur

I tried to petition this issue just to make sure I was actually getting the shaft down main street ... but of course the petition script in the web page must be broken or incompatible with all 4 of my browsers ... Do we need flash or something to submit a ticket?
  4. --Voodoo-- Augur

You have my sympathies, but this isn't a support/petition issue. The patch notes and the in-game item both make it pretty obvious that you get a random pet. This is a feedback issue.

And I agree, completely not worth it as is. Maybe at a 3-1 exchange rate. 10-1 is just absurd.
    Aghinem likes this.
  5. Orbital101 Augur

Sell 10, get one back from buying it or did did they at least make sure you cant get the same one that you sold? o_O

edit: never mine they dint lol

Waste of resource... May as well remove it from the game we dont need or want her at is.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I've never seen any explanation on what Adoption Coins are. I'm guessing from this thread you turn in your Cat in a Bag familiars to someone and get Adoption Cons, and they can be used (at a 10:1 ratio) to buy other cat familiars?

Do they work on Dog in a Crate and Bird in a Cage or any other familiars? Where/Who do you turn them into for the Adoption Coins and who sells them for Adoption Coins?

Thanks.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Go see Lynea the pet collector in Commanlands where all the ldon recruiters are. Speak with her and she will tell you about trading in your adoptable pets for what she has - there are pets walking around her. She is very clear on what the trade is, just read the trades in the window that comes up.

And it is a rip.
    Fanra likes this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is pretty much all the info
    Update Notes:
    July 6, 2016
    - Look to the marketplace this July for the Bird in a Cage. Each one contains a random adoptable bird familiar. Trade them to your friends or collect them all yourself, and keep an eye out for some rare and unique feathered familiars!
    - Lynea the pet collector in the Commonlands will purchase your excess adoptable pets for a unique currency. You can buy a random discontinued pet from her using this currency.
    Fanra likes this.
  9. Aghinem Augur

Its a gimmick; and like any gimmick in life - is probably a ripoff or something that has a very small shelf-life in terms of gratification. The reality is, RNG is your enemy with this. This isn't a support issue.
  10. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

Its a pretty obvious bad deal, try selling to players and buying what you want. The odds of you getting what you want from trade in are so low.