Test Update 04/12/17 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Dre. Altoholic

I'd welcome a consolidation of multiple weaker -> fewer stronger abilities.
    Sheex likes this.
  2. Chaosflux Augur

Preach the good word

There shouldn't be any easy mode IWIN buttons.

Triccy your entire argument about AE aggro and locking down 6+ mobs, I play a paladin, my AE hate Is longer recast and target limited to 8 targets max.

How do you think I lock down 10 mobs when I need to? Your telling me how much work it is, and I agree.

If only I had 1 EZMODE button...
  3. Zish Elder

It's not, though.

Why would I opt out of having a skill autofire on cooldown?

I'm not going to choose fun over efficiency.
    kizant likes this.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

It is a toggle. Don't activate it.
    But it's also the reason that it doesn't activate until 61 when you have many more buttons to push than bash.
    You're choice.
    It only auto's the abilities while normal attack it on. So if they are not attacking they are also not auto.
  5. Chaosflux Augur

Because the ability is already tied to your multibind and you are going to ha e to click that anyway to activate discs?

I won't be autoing bash personally, I already mash 3 over 100 times a minute, and bash is tied to 3 anyway.

It really is a choice because this doesn't make you anymore efficient or not using it less efficient
  6. Zish Elder

You really think this is an acceptable way to conduct yourself..?
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

What's wrong with that reply? LOL It's perfectly true... if you don't want to use it, don't.
    Metanis, segap, Sancus and 1 other person like this.
  8. Krippalzz New Member

I think the reply from Ngreth is typical of the contempt that Daybreak has for the player base.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Maybe he was referring to the horrible misuse of You're. I know I was appalled.

For shame, Ngreth! For shame :)
    Chaosflux and Sindaiann like this.
  10. Sancus Augur

No, it just isn't his job to baby anyone who wants to whine about a relatively insignificant and certainly not detrimental addition to the game.

It is a little bit frustrating that random whine posts got a dev response while relatively well thought out/comprehensive posts on spells/AA/etc often don't, but (as he said) those are covered by different devs who post less frequently.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  11. Zish Elder

Correct, but it is his job to explain reasoning behind the changes his team decides to make, not simply say "if you don't like it, don't use it." That is the job of the playerbase, he does not need to take that stance as well.
  12. Ssdar Augur

Any fix for the Chardok Prince "Maximum Anger" achievement? As of last patch the message "The Prince is fully enraged! Be wary!" does appear, but the achievement still doesn't grant after raid completion.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  13. sojero One hit wonder

I don't think it is his job to do that. That would be holly's job, and you see her here don't ya.

He was not taking a rude stance at all, you are projecting yourself upon him.
    Janakin and IblisTheMage like this.
  14. Zish Elder

Rude? Maybe not.
    Unprofessional? Absolutely.
  15. sojero One hit wonder

How so? he was short and to the point, but not unprofessional at all. He just stated you have a choice, they added but took nothing away. You can still play the game as you did before, but your acting like you cannot do that.
    Rorce and Xanathol like this.
  16. Chaosflux Augur

O good lord come off it dude
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  17. Zish Elder

Sorry if I'm used to being treated like an actual customer when dealing with game developers.

I forgot that most of the people left in this community have no issue with letting the devs walk all over them.
  18. smash Augur

Would i have responded like the dev. Yeah.
    Finen likes this.
  19. segap Augur

And you wonder why they respond as little as they do. It's the toxic customer base that's the real issue. I'd love more feedback and insight, but look at the hell they get for giving a quick and concise answer to something inconsequential.
  20. Seldom Augur

LOL, can't tell if you're being serious or not Zish but thanks for the giggles. Just because you give a company some money, doesn't mean they have to kiss your butt. His reply was more than professional. You have the ability to talk with your dollars if it displeases you that much, but that'd be even more hilarious of an option to roll with over a toggle bash ability and getting a dev response about it. You're acting like your class just got hit with nerf bat or something and the person who did it went on to pee in your corn flakes