The easiest fix possible to eliminate the frustration of raiding - Devs please read

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by DimaREZBANKED, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Machentoo Augur

Fare less complicated than the advanced loot system is. But, probably won't see it happen, or anything in this thread.
  2. Aegir Augur

You never know.

Many seem to forget that Advanced Loot was at a pretty young stage when Ragefire launched.
    Simplified Modifiers, Offense/Accuracy and Mitigation/Avoiddance displays, Timestamps, all this came in game recently.

A lot more seems to happen in the UI field of Everquest at the moment compared to the last 15 years or so.
  3. Gemini Syringes Augur

In this thread, sure. But there are dozens of dozens of threads exactly like this all over this forum. There are a lot of very cool people on these TLP servers, but there are plenty of toxic people here as well.
  4. taliefer Augur

eh, this is the first thread in a while to have any real arguments in it that ive noticed.

it used to be far more common for sure tho, and i think it might pick back up during GoD. noone cares about LDON, there isnt even a "end boss" for it, its just a bunch of random raids, some of which are less than elemental quality. runon sentences ftw.
  5. Absor Developer

Ermm... I have no idea what all the nastiness going on here is about. Oh, wait, yes I do. Player makes suggestion for an improvement to the interface, community yells at player for... whatever they feel like.

Personally, I kinda like the idea of more functionality available from the chat window. I have zero idea how hard this would be to do, or if it's even possible, but it seems good.

A
  6. Gemini Syringes Augur

LDoN is a blessing in that way. Though I'm sure someone will find something to be angry about. :)

+1
  7. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

ABSOR SMASH. <3
  8. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

i actually would rather see a button in the raid tool to add everyone in the raid to the dz, if they arent in it already, that works. and, a button in the dz tool to add everyone in the dz to raid, if they arent in it already, that works. in other words, another mass invite tool, not just a targeted single invite.

For me, (and i'm sure many other leaders) i'm actually faster at typing the names, then i would be right clicking some chat thing.

Other things that would be awesome:

Reason for raidinvite failure message:

1. Your raidinvite has failed, because you were too slow to accept, and the raidleader has locked the raid to move other faster people into their desired groups. You don't need to relog. Neither you nor the tool is bugged or broken.

2. Your dz invite has failed because you were too slow to accept it before the remaining slots filled up.

Lol!!!

ok, just kidding (maybe), but some type of failure message might help stop the OMG IM BUGGED cries that people still put forth even after the raid tool has existed for a decade.

1. Your raidinvite has failed because the raid is now locked.
    2. You tried to join a raid, but it has failed because the raid is full.
    3. You cannot accept the dz invite because the expedition is now full.
  9. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Preset raid groups would also be something i've dreamed about for years. Much the way you can save a spell set, a raid leader being able to right click and save a raid set would be great. Say, "Doorstep"
    then, i load doorstep and it recreates the players who exist in to their proper spots. Anybody left over is left in the nongrouped section! players who arent online, those slots remain empty, etc. for manually filling. This, THIS, T.H.I.S. would be a dream come true and hell i'd even pay extra for the ability!
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  10. Korillo3 New Member

The Raid Tool currently lets you see who in the raid is in the DZ (and therefore who isn't in the DZ). It would be nice if the DZ could have the same feature. It would be nice to be able to quickly look at the DZ and see if there is someone in it that's not in the raid. Currently I have to sort the raid by alphabetical order and go through it 1 by 1.
  11. Communist Puppy Augur

They are actually in third, IVAS was ahead of them on the leaderboards.
  12. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Out of curiosity, what would be the best way to compile/submit visual or functional change requests to the EQ UI..?
  13. Jaerlyn Augur

I'm still someday hoping for a raid-leader only command of /raidwarning (/rw) that splashes the text across the screen (like some emotes do.) Don't even say who it is from (as long as it stays RL only.) Yes, it's like WoW. No, that doesn't make it bad.
  14. Baldur Augur

The best way, or the way they want you to do it?

They want you to submit tickets via the issue tracker: https://dgcissuetracker.com

Those don't always get attention though and a lot of times posting here in the forums will get a devs attention.
  15. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Either one, honestly. If the UI is a very low priority, I'd rather just know that and not bother.
  16. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

oh my, dont do that!

use /compareexp

hope that helps you!
    Machentoo and Korillo3 like this.
  17. Machentoo Augur

There are absolutely no threads exactly like this. This one has some brand new ideas, for better or worse, that have never been discussed on these forums previously.
    DimaREZBANKED likes this.
  18. Machentoo Augur

Have they ever said that the way they want you to suggest feature improvements is through their bug database?

What feature improvements have been successfully implemented after submitting an issue tracker issue? Have there been any? Even one?
  19. Machentoo Augur

I hope you read more than the initial post, for the 18 better ideas that were suggested.
  20. steiner Augur

wouldnt the easiest way to reduce frustration in raids be to balance out drops?