Test Update 04/12/17 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 12, 2017.

1. IblisTheMage Augur

I think they actually have a strategy. Others hinted it earlier. It is about getting the variables under control.

It is like the SPA 124 for int casters, where we have a lot of different abilities that will boost SPA 124, but they do not stack. It is possible to add new sources to boost 124, and int casters will chase these, but these sources are easily balanced. 124 is a range, from 0 to the single highest value of any source that gives 124. Using such an approach in general will make it a lot more feasible to build dps formulas, and therefore also to balance classes. It is very similar to the approach in D&D 3.5 :).

DB has also indicated another element of such overall strategy, namely to move away from %, towards absolute bonuses, for the simple reason that % will carry over to the next expansion, while an absolute bonus will become obsolete, or rather, disproportional.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

It was not functioning in beta. It now functions, so... poof!

And before the "OMG a GM why didn't you answer my concern"... well we do specialize some, and Spells and AA's (most of the other comments) are not my specialties so I don't have answers for your questions/concerns. Items happen to be my current specialty, so, this I can answer/comment on.

No. The group focus is at the intended level.

We are aware of this (see bug thread! :) )
    Tudadar, Tucoh, Surashu and 4 others like this.
  3. Cicelee Augur

Yes you did.
  4. Chaosflux Augur

Mainly because I never said what your insinuating I said.

Every character should whether group or raid be using the utmost of their potential your argument was abit lacking in that it completely missed the fact classes don't just do 1 thing and that's all they can do.

There is no reason NOT to use tools if they have them, I never said let your primary function slip in order to do a secondary or tertiary function. However if the ability is on the table, use it.
  5. Demin New Member

WHY
    also better not cost double mana during Scarlet Cheetah Fang if it does not focus it anymore.
    plus you need to lower the mana cost now since its non-focusable
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Less repetitive stress for me as it will save on a lot of mouse clicks or button presses.
    Metanis likes this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think they just wanted to keep paladins in the same spot they are relative to other tank classes on DPS. Nerd the others paladins get nerfed too.
  8. Surashu New Member

Sorry, not sure how I missed that.
  9. Warpeace Augur

You mean last in line just like agro? Yet lets further nerf their ability to deal any real damage once every 20 minutes. Last time that AA was updated was ROF.....:confused: considering its getting cut by like 50% how about another rank of slay undead as compensation?
    Sindaiann likes this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

I feel like it'll reduce the number of actions in my multibind spam from 15 to 14 or something. Not that I'm complaining.

Now if they changed it such that any disc or activateable AA could be changed to autofire, that'd be something.
  11. Razorfall Augur

What a dumpster fire.

Changes to crit stacking - Sucks but but it can be better for tuning content.
    Zerker and Ranger Dicho losing focus - Why? You better decrease the mana/endurance cost accordingly.
    Defensive Proficiency reduced % - don't agree with it but whatever tanks are pretty strong right now so we'll live.
    Pally DPS Nerfs - You're never supposed to go full r-. You have surpassed derp and potato and went full on firetruck.
  12. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Paladins can't do that right now in raids because AE agro from the other tank classes blows our primary agro out of the water, so loose mobs go to them. Valorous Rage is a two minute ability with a twenty minute refresh. It doesn't break anything or make us stand out as a dps role in any matter. Every single other class does just fine and is unaffected by it. It lets us do a quick burn on a named in group content to make it more manageable. But I guess that's not my role! I should be doing zero dps since I'm a tank. I should be doing zero heals because I'm a tank. I should have every single utility AA that doesn't affect threat removed since I'm a tank. Your logic doesn't work.
  13. jeskola pheerie

this change was made due to the average age of the playerbase reaching 40. There will be more old-age QOL changes to come.
    Metanis and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  14. Sindaiann Augur

Lol I laughed at this, in a good way.

+1
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

If paladins hadn't been nerfed in line with the other paladins there would have been an uproar. My main has been a paladin since 1975 when I started playing D&D :).
  16. Orthodox New Member

This absolutely needs to be addressed. If dichotomic has been exempted from the benefits of SCF, it needs to be exempted from the costs and drawbacks as well.

It would also be nice to hear what the reasoning was for this change, but seeing as none of the heavy handed nerfs we've seen lately have had any explanation or commentary, I wouldn't expect it to start now. The majority of this "patch" is focused on reduction of class power potential, which seems like a terrible design decision for an 18 year old game that has any interest at all in retaining its loyal player base.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  17. jeskola pheerie

[IMG]
  18. Maedhros High King

The nerf to the power AND the duration of Valorous rage is excessive.
    One or the other would have been plenty.
  19. Warpeace Augur

If Paladins hadn't been nerfed in line with other paladins:confused:. You mean other tanks?
  20. svann Augur

Curious why you didnt include bard selo's kick in the autoskills. Seems like that should be in there as much as any skill. Did you forget about us?
    Coronay, IblisTheMage and Sindaiann like this.