Live Update Bugs 03/22/17

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Angahran Augur

Not sure if this is possible or not, but while someone is poking around the anchors, would it be possible to have them set so that if the anchor is below the floor, when you are ported to it you appear at floor level and not stuck in the floor ?
  2. doah Augur

Not sure if this is a bug or just overlooked but Bor Wharhammer in Plane of Tranquility will keep your money if you already have a kit on you somewhere. It probably should refund the money and give an error saying you cannot have duplicate lore items.
  3. Imak Augur

Discovered a crash bug today. Well, not an actual crash, but eq.exe just hangs in perpetual limbo and eventually I just open Task Mgr and kill the process.

Advanced Loot window > Edit Filters > Max Search Results field

The default max is 10, changing the field to 9999 instantly causes this crash/hang. The weird thing is, its specific to one character. Changing the field on assorted alts I rarely play does not cause a problem. Changing the field on my main character causes the implosion every time. For the sake of experimentation, I just forced the crash repeatedly on that character. Suspect it may be related to the size of the AN/Nvr config files? The config files on those alts are tiny, only 2-3 kb. The AN/Nvr files on the main are more like 30-50 kb. That's the only difference to which I can attribute. Very strange.
  4. Hludwolf Developer

It is indeed related to the size of those files. Although they themselves are not that large, the UI memory footprint of loading 9999 sets of checkboxes is. Setting this number to something smaller is recommended, it will eventually load the 9999, but it will take a VERY long time.
  5. Imak Augur

I typically just append a zero on the 10, making 100, and never have any issues. This time I somehow managed to backspace the field empty, so I just held down 9 and what happened is what happened once four 9's entered. I don't make a habit of intentionally entering 9999 ~!

Thanks for reply.
  6. Ishtass Augur

Super annoying experience with the TOFS 13th raid event. Got some friends together to get the event going, and we barely squeezed out a win after a few hours. Raid Leader had died and ported to entrance and was out of range to hand out loot. I ported back to entrance to rez (because bodies go back to zin of course), and then couldn't get back up to top floor to get to loot because the first floor mirror was locked. Worked hard, waited a year to do this, and due to piss poor design mechanics the ornamentation went to an alt. Rage quit, I'm out, screw this .
  7. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

This doesn't appear to have been addressed in the Test patch notes that went out yesterday, and as I look through this thread I don't see that a link to the shaman DOT issue on the tracker made it in here anywhere: https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1450

There's plenty of data compiled by the community between the tracker and this five page thread. The patch notes state clearly that "they [affected shaman dots] will still do substantially more damage than before they were consolidated." They - or at least the one's under discussion by the TLP shaman community - are clearly not doing more damage than before they were consolidated, and we would like a dev to finally comment on this issue that's a month old now.

Thank you.
  8. Ryak Augur

Is it possible to get a response about Tinkering Mastery on Progression servers? Either the reward should be functional or the quest shouldn't be available. As it stands now you can complete the quest but not actually use the reward. And also it disappears so you can't even save the reward until you can use it...at some unspecified future time.
  9. steiner Augur

shaman dots arent stacking and are doing less damage than what the intended notes promised. good mana efficiency but no damage..