Everquest: Feature Guide for New and Returning Players

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Gorgol the Ogre, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Gorgol the Ogre Elder

Like me are you a new or returning player to EQ? Need help getting up to speed on changes to the game? Get up to speed on modern EQ with this excellent video guide by The Nerd Navigator! I found it all kinds of useful:

Everquest: Feature Guide for New and Returning Players

About: Telkiney does an Everquest deep dive into all the features added from each Evequest expansion. Every feature added from The Ruins of Kunark to the Empires of Kunark is covered.
    Kallitank, Fanra, moogs and 2 others like this.
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

That is awesome.

Pin.
    Gorgol the Ogre likes this.
  3. Razzle Augur

Interesting. I like the narrator.
  4. Bella222 Elder

This video is awesome. It should definitely be pinned.
  5. Khaliss Augur

great video,.. the list of features added per expansion is still overwhelming, but this helps players like me =)
  6. Gorgol the Ogre Elder

Glad it was helpful Khaliss! What server are you currently playing on? If you're on Phinigel send me a /tell. Always happy to help a new player like yourself. ^_^
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Fantastic. Thanks for doing this.

By the way, raid mobs have a 5 minute timer before you are in rested mode, not 2.5 minutes. For group mobs, as you mentioned it is indeed 30 seconds. And every time you buff or heal someone, you gain their timer if it is longer than the current one you have (or if you had none).

Great video, I'll be including and linking it where I can.
    Gorgol the Ogre and IblisTheMage like this.
  8. Nniki Augur

Also, illusions do not need a stat buff to be placed inside the illusion keyring, such as that Mask of the Lost Guktan. Drop it into the list box, not the stat buff box, and it will go into the keyring.

The only ones that will not go into the keyring are the ones with random illusion effects, such as the Visage of the Daft Trickster.
  9. Anhari Augur

He didn't mention that all of the key rings can be expanded by buying extra slots via the Marketplace.