Merge Lockjaw and Ragefire

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Reach, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Ethereal Augur

2+ raids is half of 4+ raids. Or to put it into perspective, 144 people is less than 288 (or 300+ as the person I quoted was describing).

Point is, people on Lockjaw probably couldn't give a @!#$ about what people on phini have or do, so the whole point was irrelevant either way.
  2. Pikallo Augur

You literally passed judgement on phinny in the same sentence where you said "check your judgements at the door". lol
  3. Ethereal Augur

Yeah, he was telling that person to "check your judgements", he didn't say 'let's check our judgements'.
  4. malaki Augur

Well any guild with 300 members is going to be like 2/3 alts/boxes or whatever.
  5. Dilf Augur

Again, I said 300 members in a guild, NOT a raid guild. I certainly didn't say 300+ in every guild, so learn how to read. <Pick Up Group> has more members in it than your sad server. You won't see us crying for a merger unlike you guys, and especially when Agnarr launches.
  6. bodes Augur

I know you intended this to be hyperbole, but ironically the actual number of people actively logging into phinny is not very far from this figure. It legitimately has 6,000-10,000 active players. The server is permanently listed as "high" population by DBG literally 24/7. Even this morning at 4am on a Tuesday:

http://eqresource.com/serverhistory.php?server=Phinigel&range=1d

I find your comment to be hilarious because 11,000 active players apparently is a ridiculously impossible number in the eyes of a Ragefire player, lol.
    Dilf likes this.
  7. Machentoo Augur

Most guilds don't have 100% raid attendance. Yes, there are some guilds on Phinny that have 200+ active mains. And yes, they do tend to very aggressively split content. Even some of the more casual guilds split raid some things on Phinny.
  8. Rhodz Augur

Wow we have really gotten to point pulling numbers out of thin air since last I knew DBG kept things pretty close to the chest, or has that changed?

Everything third party just counts chars not accounts nor players. Most guilds by this time are heavy on the alts, if allowed, so a 300 member guild falls very short of that number in most cases.
    That said if a guild wants to dependably field a 72 man raid 150 members is about right to keep it going.
  9. Ethereal Augur

I don't think you know what active means.
  10. Ethereal Augur

Oh my bad, because this whole thread pretty much had to do with accessing raid content. Grats on your 300 character guild though. Cause that's something to brag about I guess....
  11. Ethereal Augur

He was being broad and general, so I did the same, if that wasn't clear.
  12. nagash101 Augur

Can't merge without instancing raids
  13. mealintp Journeyman

Because your server was only good for krono farming. Once it lost that people quit. The golden age of EQ for cash is all in classic and kunark. Some items in velious and after that, its gone with everything being no drop. 80% of the people play those servers just to krono farm and nothing more.
  14. bodes Augur

Maybe I should log into Ragefire to get a better idea of what a thriving active playerbase looks like then
  15. Fegrim New Member

The forumquest is real. Potato
  16. -wycca Augur

Just curious what "guilds" have 200+ active mains and aggressively split content. I know we get 60-65 on Time nights, with overall mains still being under 100 (has been since Classic), so sort of genuinelycurious what other guilds who are splitting content run with.
  17. mealintp Journeyman

I think Rosenguard or OGC might be the biggest guild? I know OGC has quite a bit of boxers though. I think if you exclude anyones box alts, it's probably Rosenguard with around 100-120. Could be wrong
  18. Bomburr New Member

They need to merge Lockjaw / Ragefire, and enable instancing.....Boom
  19. Pikallo Augur

I was about to say this same thing. I'm very skeptical that there are any raid guilds on Phinny with 200+ truly active mains. I guess it might depend on how you define "active main", but even with a generous definition, I really doubt it.
  20. -wycca Augur

Well, the poster I quoted was specific with 200+ active mains and aggressively splitting. It was a pretty defined combo, and I was wondering who it applied to. Except maybe some leveling guilds, it was my impression that the largest raid guilds, as mealin mentioned earlier, were hanging in the 120ish active main range (Rosen and OGC). Even then the most aggressive splits are from us and OGC, and I don't think anyone else does more than a 2-split of Quarm.