Merge Lockjaw and Ragefire

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Reach, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Kinlin Lorekeeper

If this happened, I would jump to that server right away.
  2. Machentoo Augur

This. It's been seven years since they last successfully did a server merge, despite quite a few situations that really called for one. Chances that we will ever see one happen again are slim.
  3. Rhodz Augur

No other explanation really
  4. nagash101 Augur

If that is the case then they really need to figure out why they cant do a server merge. From what i remember they have in the past merge low pop live servers together and tagged duplicate names with a Z at the end or allowed a one time name change for the new character. It really would benefit Rage and Lock if they did merge those servers and installed the raid instancing. They could come to a nice middle ground for the unlocks say 4.5 months. This would also cater to the boxing community and really give them a server with instancing to play on. its a Win Win for everyone.
  5. Bewts Augur

My bet is the design intentionally buried references for character sheets deep down in the table tree that makes them all but impossible to isolate , migrate and/or duplicate.

Was probably trumped as a preventive safety feature back in the day.

Too bad they lacked the foresight to consider merges or migrations of this data.
  6. jeskola pheerie

This, for now... Lockjaw still has 4 active raid guilds competing for current content, so thats hardly a dead server Vulak type scenario at this point, however in a few months this could quickly change with luclin burnout and Agnarr release.

I think everyone on Phinny forgot what non-instanced servers are like so anything below 20 end-game raid guilds is considered dead.
  7. Grebhiker Lorekeeper

Yeah Lockjaw is so dead. Most raid targets are dead within hours of popping.

A straight merge of RF and LJ would be disastrous to the guilds on the two servers. SO many raiding guilds with nothing to kill.

If you are gonna merge the two my suggestion would be 1) add instancing and 2) wait till after PoP.
    jeskola likes this.
  8. Semah Augur

Clearly if it's possible to move in PoTranq without lagging out, the server is dead~~~!111
    sifonin likes this.
  9. Kattria Minx Augur

DBG would rather you pay $25 to transfer servers, is my guess. If you are unhappy on Lockjaw and want to raid current content, transfer to Ragefire, app to one of the three current-expac raiding guilds, and enjoy. It's very pleasant here.
    sifonin likes this.
  10. Rhodz Augur

I seem to remember some database redesign occurring after the last merges what seven years ago.(?)
    If I had to hang the blame for no more merges on anything it would be suspect number one as they were fairly common before then.
  11. bodes Augur

I think you have a different definition of "competing" than everyone else. To the rest of the world "competition" means different teams actively opposing each other in competitive matches. If one team always wins in landslides or if they never battle because the other teams all bend the knee and concede the cup then there's absolutely no competing happening.

Sorry, but Lockjaw is an empty shell where 60 people pretend it's still the 2015 raid scene.
  12. Grebhiker Lorekeeper

Everyone defines it differently.

Some people define it as 'can I take 40 toons I control and kill it myself when everyone else is asleep".
    For others it is "can we batphone in enough people the instant that one toon running illegal software notifies us mob XXX has spawned".
    Others it is 'let's raid on such and such day and hit what we can because it is more about being with people I like than the total amount of loot I can score".

None are really wrong. We just seemed to always want to make 'our' chosen way the right one. And that usually means demeaning others playstyle to justify our own.

And can we at least recognize there are at LEAST 300 people who play on Lockjaw. These hyperbolic numbers are ridiculous. This is not Vulak.
  13. Dilf Augur

Whoa, a whole 300 people?! Your entire server equates to 1 - 1.5 guilds on Phinigel.
  14. sifonin Augur

Not everyone wants to be on a server where it is more over-crowded than a marketplace in a developing nation, and everyone is handed free loot. Check your judgements at the door sir, no one here is attacking phinny for being the dumpster fire that it is.
  15. Rhodz Augur

That is true enough but that is not a healthy server, those have 300 or more online at any given time.
    That means neither RF or LJ are healthy by any means and exactly the situation predicted when all the smooth moves were pulled that caused this. I don't get it either and apparently I am not alone.
  16. Dilf Augur

The most popular server in the game's existence is a dumpster fire? LOL, okay.
  17. Juzam Djinn Elder

I am just tired of seeing my friends quitting due to lack of targets , boredom and Luclin burnout.. Maybe we can just speed up the upcoming Pop release? Give us more to do? Lockjaw just needs some lovin.
  18. Ethereal Augur

So guilds on phini over recruit by about 300+%? Good god that sounds terrible. Or are you implying that guilds on phini have 4+ FULL 72 man raids? Jesus that's insane. Man phini must have upwards of 11,000 players on it! EQ MECCA BOYS!
    jeskola and sifonin like this.
  19. Dilf Augur

Actually, the guild I had in mind doesn't even raid. Strictly there to help people level up. Of course having 300 people in a single raid guild would be ridiculous. But you easily have 20+ guilds x 50-72 man raids + non-raiding members + casual guilds.
  20. Zanarnar Augur

I'd imagine some of the top-end guilds are either close to, or are already, fielding 2+ raid forces. For a while when PoP came out; even Sad Dragons, which is pretty far down the list of guilds, was fielding 80-90 raiders each night. We had to sit folks on a wait list.

Membership <> Raid attendance either; some people take nights off, some can only raid weekends, others can only raid week nights, some log early, others always log in late... Not every person in every guild has 100% raid attendance. So having 100-ish active people in a casual guild means you'll PROBABLY fill your raids each night.

Sarcastic quips aside, Phinny is really the best raiding experience I've had in EQ ever. I cannot wait to see the expansions between OOW and VoA as I missed all of that; and then doing RoF all over again sounds fun too as I really enjoyed that expansion.