Old or revamped zones on Agnarr?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Anyelle, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Anyelle New Member

I was just curious if we are going to get the old versions of EC, Freeport, WC etc or will we have to deal with the revamped ones? The revamps really kill the nostalgia.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Why would they do that? The old zones are gone. There's no going back in that regard.
  3. Tachyon Augur

It would be cool, but not possible as far as I've heard. Zone graphics are global for EQ.
  4. Haladan Lorekeeper

I'd much prefer them too. :( But don't let it put you off from trying Agnarr I'd say. Though you'll never love the revamped versions, it ain't a real deal breaker once you get used to them.
  5. Brumans Augur

Eh, the only one that's really even an issue is Freeport. All the rest are the same layout and basic design.

And once you get to Luclin, and especially PoP, it doesn't matter as you'll hardly ever go back to Freeport.
  6. Rhodz Augur

Yes FP and QY get left behind, thank you DBG hate em both no matter the art style.
    Even chars that spawn there have only a few places to go on any continuing basis.
    Free Port... lets not go there, it is a silly place.
  7. Xanathol Augur

No they are not - they just are not connected at the zone lines (port spells, etc, where applicable). This is easily proven with a Jade Tiger familiar - pop him, go to the Jade Tiger Den and you will be ported to the old Freeport.
  8. Anyelle New Member

What is QY?
    I did enjoy these zones on P99. It certainly isn't a deal breaker for me though. Still cannot wait to start a monk on Agnarr.
  9. LordNazzo New Member

Ugh the new Freeport, that was the only starting city I had completely memorized and they went and completely changed it on me.
    Xanathol likes this.
  10. Rhodz Augur

Qeynos
    Sony EQ backwards
  11. Anyelle New Member

They revamped qeynos? When?
  12. snailish Augur

I'm generally okay with revamps when they follow the original geography and stylistically fit what was there, with any changes being explained by lore. New lavastorm is a good example. Innothule Swamp is alright as well, despite a different atmosphere to it with the tall reeds.

New Freeport I can concede the zone combining, even the grander scale of the place to be more of a capital city of Norrath... but if we're going down that rabbit hole let's at least have a functionality and flow to it... like a wagon being able to travel through the city, like the cleric guild NPC being laid out in a logical order and location from a level 1-50 standpoint, etc.

Agnarr will probably get the original/restored versions the same as Rage/Lock/Phinny. The Devs have done a lot of work since Sleeper/Combine to give us some time with the old stuff. It's really smart. Even smarter would be the current live game making more classic stuff obsolete (Live doesn't need the wide range of under 85 content) to build in more nostalgia for progression.

I doubt Agnarr gets anything new in respects to old content, unless its a global improvement made for all progression in the future.
  13. Nolrog Augur

Revamped, just like every other TLP server that has been released.
  14. Rhodz Augur

No he just asked what QY was
  15. Rhoulicas Augur

Qeynos is sonyeq backwards.
  16. Rhodz Augur

NO! Really!?
    :rolleyes:
  17. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Qeynos hasn't been revamped to my knowledge.
  18. Nolrog Augur

They didn't. It was Freeport.
  19. Coppercoz Augur

Completely agree. FP is just a mess. No other way to describe it. You'd think that a major city would have practical travel routes.
  20. Razzle Augur

I liked the old Freeport much better. Wish they would of screwed up Qeynos instead, nothing there but a bunch of dumb monks. :confused: