Merge Lockjaw and Ragefire

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Reach, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Reach New Member

Hi everyone,

I have a concern about the first two progression server populations. Seeing the droves of people leave these new servers after only the first expansion has been released is quite disappointing. Pinny is poorly timed and is having a terrible impact on the population of Ragefire and Lockjaw. While both servers are still in the same expansion window time frame I think it would be a very good idea to merge them together now in Kunark to help stabilize the population with out any issue of expansion shifts happening to players. Instead of putting off this decision and waiting until it is too late, and too many have left.

I understand this is not ideal and was not intended, but I don't think anyone expected there to be a 3rd server taking the legs out of these first two. Lockjaw was a mistake to begin with simply to address the initial wave of people and now it is happening again.

Can we take a look at a merge here? I am not playing this hardcore, and came back to enjoy fond memories of my past with good friends. But the idea of these servers being emptied out so soon is very unfortunate.
  2. squidgod Augur

Wait six months, then decide. A merge would work better leading into an expansion than in the middle of one.

People are gonna burn out on Phinny.
    Alphont likes this.
  3. Ottoe New Member

People wouldn't have to go to phinny if they opened up more content/instancing for ragefire/lockjaw
    Imdead likes this.
  4. Imdead Augur

I agree, I think that merging now would cause a lot of drama among the raiding guilds on the two servers. If you wait till Velious launch then you could merge and they could sort themselves out however you'd also have to resolve what the unlock times would be. Many people chose Lockjaw for slower unlock times. Finally, you'd potentially lose a good amount of the remaining raiders on Lockjaw/Ragefire without instancing because the end game raid scene can only sustain so many guilds.
  5. Nolrog Augur

Too soon to tell the impact of Phinigel on those two servers. IMO, I agree with you that they will be unhealthy, but we need to wait and see. There is always an initial rush on a new server to check it out, server firsts and what not and then people will get tired, bored or want to go back to Kunark. Give it a couple weeks.
    Felicite likes this.
  6. Juzam Djinn Elder

Total Necro of an older post but : Will it happen? Lockjaw is super dead and very quiet, Im sure it will get worse come the new TLP server.

Just Curious
  7. Kahna Augur

I do find the "wait a week, people will burn out on Phinny" comments laughable. But yeah, as for the merge. I wouldn't hold your breath, look at Vulak. You should buy the transfer and jump ship while you still can.
    snailish, Felicite and Bobbybick like this.
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

History has shown that they have no problem leaving a server to run with 0 players on it for literal YEARS. I wouldn't expect them to do any merges.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  9. bodes Augur

The 50-80 people left on Lockjaw can transfer to Ragefire any time they wish. No reason to force them to leave if they currently enjoy having an entire server to themselves.
    FurySoul likes this.
  10. yukan Augur

I don't know how many people or guilds there are on Lockjaw, but Ragefire still has a solid player base.
  11. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Is Lockjaw dead yet?
  12. Tudadar Augur

I used to think this was a sure thing. Now I dont think it will happen. People can save up 3-5 months worth of free SC for the xfer potion depending on if its on sale. I dont think enough people play on LJ to make them care about saving people SC.
  13. Bewts Augur

*IF* there was a time to do it, it would be at the very tail end of PoP when people supposedly stop playing in the following expansions.
  14. Galleyan Augur

Holy cow maximum post necro.
  15. C3lowz Augur

If they're going to Merge them they would have to add the Agent of Change to it.

We're in a new time in EQ1. No future TLP server should be without Agents of Change now unless they're going with a Classic server instead of a Progression server.
  16. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

I believe Holly said at one point they were planning on server merges, however with all the server stability issues I think server merges got put on a waiting list.
  17. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

How dare you provide factual information instead of polemic or ad-hominem attacks to this thread.
  18. Rhodz Augur

I still do not think they are able to merge servers any longer, until proven wrong that is...
  19. Tachyon Augur

Seeing that Ragefire and Lockjaw are not instanced raid servers I'm sure many guilds are happy server population is low.

That said, Daybreak should have a free transfer week once a year to let those who want to move move!
  20. nagash101 Augur

Yes they should merge these servers and while it is down add in instance raiding for the RagingLockFireJaw Server.