O.k., it's been quite a WHILE.... :)

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by CapeMike4, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Samurai824 New Member

Managed to visit the PoK...had just shy of 5800 Loyalty Points...not sure how, heh! :D

Bought a few 16-slot containers and I'll be sitting on the rest of the points for awhile!
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

Do you have some form of Enhanced Minion?
  3. Samurai824 New Member

I didn't have anything like that waiting for me in the Claims tab...which is odd, since the account I originally posted this thread under DID....
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

You used the Heroics upgrade on the Samurai824 account?
  5. Samurai824 New Member

I haven't used the lv 85 upgrade yet on a character...I should probably do that today on my lv 65 BST.... :)
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

After that, check out the claim again, it might give something
    Samurai824 likes this.
  7. Samurai824 New Member

Making nice progress...new BST is to lv 11, and still doing Crescent quests...plenty to do, here! :)
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  8. Vixxin New Member

Hey, I just wanted to say that I played on Tunare around the time you did :) Early 00's. My main was an Enchanter named Amael. I am planning on coming back, can't wait.
    Samurai824 and IblisTheMage like this.
  9. Samurai824 New Member

Went ahead yesterday and bumped my classic BST to 85...cripes, I got a ton of stuff for him...new equipment, nice items, and a ton of abilities that I have NO CLUE what they do...I got a heck of a learning/catch-up curve coming, don't I? o_O;

Still gonna primarily work on my new BST until I feel like I've caught up!
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  10. Samurai824 New Member

Finally died for the 1st time with this new BST, heh...; discovered what kinda of aggro range those skeletons around the farm in the Hollows outside Crescent Reach have...the HARD way.... :D

So, on a related note, can someone fill me in with some detail(I know a bit of it) on how corpse runs have changed? I was at lv 15 when it happened yesterday, and noticed I didn't even have to do anything...respawned at my bind point with everything on-hand....
  11. IblisTheMage Augur

You are fine at lvl 15, at higher levels you will loose a chunk of XP (6% ?), which you get partially back with a ressurection. A healer merc can ressurect, I am not sure at which levels it starts, and at which level it gives XP. You will need to be close to your corpse to get the merc to rez.
    Samurai824 likes this.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

To clarify if you die in combat then someone needs to drag your corpse away from the fight and you can then get a rez. Or you can summon it back to the lobby and get a rez there. This is a very good rundown of how it works now:
    http://almarsguides.com/eq/general/death.cfm

What is confusing now is that you re spawn right away with all your goodies - so the reason you summon your corpse or get rezz's now is to regain the exp not the goodies.
    Gialana likes this.
  13. Samurai824 New Member

O.k., that helps a lot! So now, it's about regaining the xp back...which is odd, since, when I went back to where I died, there wasn't a corpse at all.... o_O;
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Had you accepted a rez? Or it could be the timer for corpse rot. If you don't get your corpse then the timer for how long the corpse sticks around for a rez is 3 hours in game, or 7 days if you aren't logged in. I also noticed that at some of the lower levels corpses in Cresent Reach act odd sometimes.
    Samurai824 likes this.