eqgame.exe has stopped working

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Thumpicus, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Thumpicus New Member

I can log on to any account, any character without issue, but one specific character results in 'eqgame.exe has stopped working'. I had deleted this character (same name) and re-rolled it to change a few things. I was able to log in initially, however and play to level 7. I tried returning home, logging into tutorial, and just enter world but get the same thing...crash. Anyone run into this or know of a solution? Thanks.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I wonder if the old char ini files are still in your eq directory and conflicting with the new since both had the same name?
  3. Thumpicus New Member

I was wondering the same, but don't understand files and how they work with each other. Are ini files something I can just delete to see if that works?
  4. Kaley_D'vere Journeyman

Try this:

Within the Everquest Directory find the following:

UI_PlayerName_ServerName
    PlayerName_ServerName

with PlayerName = the name of the toon giving you problems.

Cut and paste those two files to another location as a backup, just in case.

Once they're removed, restart the game and see if that helps. It *should* recreate both files with the rerolled toons name. Bear in mind that you will lose your UI layout, hotkeys, macros etc if you choose to do this. I'm curious if you rerolled the same class, if not that's probably why you're having issues. Good luck!
  5. Thumpicus New Member

Many thanks, Kaley_D'vere. That did the trick and I was able to log on to that character. And, to satisfy your curiosity, same class and race. :cool:
  6. Kaley_D'vere Journeyman

You're very welcome, glad everything worked out for you!