Mage Nerf 3-15-17

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Vizier, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Vizier Augur

Monster Summoning (all levels) now summons a random elemental pet instead of the wolf. This pet is worse than regular pets, and is no longer able to be reclaimed via reclaim energy.

This is a huge nerf, and it makes the spell line as well as the AA to augment reclaim energy useless.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

That sounds like a bug.

Did a dev state somewhere it was intentional or are you Office-Space-matting it up?
  3. Sancus Augur

Pretty sure it's a bug. It also broke things like Epic Request, since MS is only summoning elementals.

That said, who knows for sure...
  4. Vizier Augur

To me it's nerf until the admit its a bug.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

Reported in the thread for bugs for the patch?
  6. Vizier Augur

Again, what makes you think it's a bug?
  7. IblisTheMage Augur

I don't have an opinion on it, I can't remember having cast Summon Monster this decade, it is just that there is a process in which this can be dealt with, regardless of whether it is intentional or not.
  8. Kaley_D'vere Journeyman

My feeling is that it's an unintended consequence from the patch on the 3/15/17 when they tinkered with Cloak of Enhancement on EM 16 and below. Something got broken then and they are probably trying to figure out how to remedy it. I know a player bug reported it and per the player, apparenty DBG was able to replicate the bug. Now to wait on the fix.

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1455?jql=text ~ "monster summoning"
  9. Piemastaj Augur

99% sure this is a bug. All things considered, the entire point behind getting this line buffed was giving us another area to gain mana back. If this was somehow a nerf, it would defeat the purpose of the new AAs and the mana cost on the newest Monster Summoning pet.

The troubling thing is, this was reported prior to the patch on 3-22 and nothing was changed. I personally PMed Aristo and also Hlud about the issue with no response. I would assume it will be changed in 3 weeks when the next monthly patch goes through.
  10. Vizier Augur

Any movement on this or are we in permabug / nerf status?