afk boting to the extreme

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by gocus, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

This statement is like saying as long as a knife is required to cut an apple I cant get in trouble with stabbing someone with the same knife. Windows is a tool to access EQ and may not be used to change alter/automate EQ.

Yes windows has a lot of abilities, but the rules as posted before say automation of any type is prohibited.

And no its not "ok" to do anything you want as long as you are there to respond to tells.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I don't believe a mortal human being can stay awake that long... but you are right, my belief isn't what this discussion is about, and I am not going to enforce any rules, We both agree that enforcing the rules is DBGs job. :)

No-one here was "defining any rules" we were discussing the rules DBG defined, that is all.

This thread was made to make DBG aware that there was something suspicious going on, so that DBG better can enforce their own rules.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

This statement is ludicrous and I'll let each reader decide that for themselves.

The rest of your statement is evidence that everybody interprets the (vague) rules however they want to. And when all of the interpretations are sorted through, only one counts: DBG's interpretation. And there is no evidence in the past few years that they have banned anybody for using macro/automation software. The only reported bans (temporary at that?) have been for not being at the keyboard.

If you have evidence that DBG bans players for using M Q 2 or another specific piece of software, this debate would be over and we'd all be spared the headache.
  4. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

When you report someone they say they wont share the results of the investigation but I have reported people and seen them disappear for a short time and a few times I never saw them on again. So they do ban for it
  5. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

That logic isn't. I put almost 0 value on your observations of whether another player continued to play or not, and less than 0 value on your wacky inference about why they may or may not be playing. For all you know, they got tired of laughing at you getting yourself all worked up about nothing and they switched toons.
  6. Tvarian Augur

Enlighten us as to what socials would constitute automation. Give a specific example please, because I don't believe it can be done.

Maybe you think the setup for auto foraging would be an example (where you set it up so that every time you press a move key, you forage automatically and drop whatever you get into your inventory). This would not count because you MUST press a key for it to work, so it's not automated.

Tell me how you can set up EQ right now to do something automatically while you're afk. You said the game itself allows it. Show us with an example.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

It's probably a good thing that those who petition botters aren't coming to you for validation of their actions then.
  8. Hellboy007 Augur

hell so much of EQ uses vanilla <<3rd party software>> its not even funny.

you should see some of the cool stuff that this <<3rd party software>> provides UI wise and other "Quality of Life" enhancements to the game that some how they are able to create but yet DBG cant.

You know, like a /follow that actually works.
  9. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I couldn't agree more. Only DBG can validate those petitions. At the same time, it's unfortunate that people who would encourage the griefing of other players seem to find so much validation from each other on these forums.
  10. gocus New Member

To answer why i did the post...

no answer
    no change
    multiple train from the botter

as nothing was opening in the black hole of multiple reports, i made it public

they guy is not there anymore

but it seems that mob layout in the south of the zone has changed (spider appeared)

as to what happen, still a black box
  11. Caroline New Member

12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

If someone is being griefed they should petition the incident. I encourage all botters to petition anytime anyone griefs them.
    svann likes this.
  13. Drcmez New Member

14. Quatreh Elder

are you sure he used it for track ? cause when i go show them i didn t use anything and i don t have any tracker and I found them they aren t hide.
  15. Drcmez New Member

As you know you can personally target a PC and use /guildstatus which tells you the guild and rank a person is.
    Post this
    So let's nominate for the Darwind award :
    105 SHD - Aongus <Leader of Wandere>
    105 ENC - Auneth <Recruit of Wandere>
    105 WIZ - Mabkine <Recruit of Wandere>
    105 WIZ - Morrigian <Leader of Dark Embers of Alba>
    105 CLR - Pargary <Recruit of Wandere>
    105 WIZ - Yimminki <Recruit of Wandere> 105 SHD - Cure <Leader of Resdy of Dup>
    105 ENC - Mabu <Recruit of Resdy of Dup>
    105 WIZ - Milb <Recruit of Resdy of Dup>
    105 CLR - Nalt <Recruit of Resdy of Dup>
    105 WIZ - Nand <Recruit of Resdy of Dup>
    105 WIZ - Zanm <Recruit of Resdy of Dup> 105 WIZ - Fendi <Recruit of Path of Exile>
    105 CLR - Laear <Recruit of Path of Exile
    105 ENC - Nandy <Recruit of Path of Exile
    105 SHD - Wahu <Leader of Path of Exile
    105 WIZ - Wandi <Recruit of Path of Exile
    105 WIZ - Zaty <Recruit of Path of Exile

Means that person has either
    A. Went around and did a /guildstatus on each one of the PC's which I doubt.
    B. Is a member of the guild in question or has access to the Guild Roster.
    C. Is using a 3rd party program to display that information

;)
  16. Jumbur Improved Familiar

The suspicious part is that the guildstatus is shown on the nameplate in the 3d-view, there is no way to set "/shownames" to show guild-rank directly I think.
  17. Drcmez New Member

Correct. 100% Proof of using 3rd party software use.
  18. Kittyzerk Lorekeeper

Haha Got'em coach!
  19. Ghubuk Augur

20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart