Shaman 1.0 epic

Discussion in 'Priests' started by karvon, Mar 23, 2017.

1. karvon New Member

Anyone have any tips for faction grind on shaman 1.0 epic?

Should I just do peg legg gem turn in to freeport over and over?

The guides I find through google and alakazam are talking about starting the quest in a zone other than BB mountains. Is there a good concise overview of how to skip most of the quest through faction grind?
  2. Brohg Augur

Use the Butcherblock spawn. have a friend cast Dire Charm on the spirit and walk it to the PoK book. Up & down through PoK to the West FP sewers, a dozen times or so. Can save PoK traversals by Binding yourself on one side or the other.
  3. mackal Augur

There is more than one way to start the epic, alla only lists one AFAIK.
  4. karvon New Member

Great, this sounds awesome - are you on Phinigel in game incase I have any questions on the later parts?

Mainly what's left after max faction? Just need to turn childs tear into CoM for big fight?

* And it really only took 12 turn ins to freeport for max ? awesome. can you over faction - through google i saw some threads saying if you don't go through the quest one by one you can lose the turn in when going to CoM with Child tear or some crap.

** Also do you need to do any further dialog after turning the gem into Bondl in North freeport or does the faction increase after initial turn in only?
  5. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

I recommend the field of bone mob instead of the BBM mob, the stones are closer together in pok. you cannot overfaction. and the faction increases on the turnin, you can leave immediately after that. pretty much the entire shaman epic quest is just building your true spirit faction for the last fight/turnin.
  6. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I did the freeport faction, bound myself near the PoK Book in BBM, dragged peg leg there killed spawned spirit. Got gem ran thru PoK to freeport, after first gem turn in the drunk guy walks out into open area a ways so the run is faster. Didnt count the amount of turn ins but I did it till max ally and took maybe 2 hrs. After that went to Fear and used the Harbinger to spawn the doober. Took the tear to CoM went and hot the key for the elevator, went up the elevator to the reaver room, got fabled Rak to spawn was apprehensive bit did turn in, spawned regular Rak killed got scale. Turned into the spirit in lake got Spear!
  7. Sobmre Augur

Step 1, Find druid friend
    Step 2, Both go to freeport and Bind near hand in guy
    Step 3, Druid friend ports to BB
    Step 4, Agro legleg and drag to druid rings and kill to pop Spirit and hail it
    Step 5, Gate to Freeport and hand in
    Step 6, restart at step 2, Should be able to get a few hand ins done before Spirit depops when that happens just start at step 1 again.

HINT buy a double faction potion from the store to get this done faster.
  8. Brohg Augur

Spirit never depops if he's charmed. Dire Charm by a buddy lasts all day, they just hang out by BB PoK book until you're done
    Skewert and Urshulgi like this.
  9. Herf Augur

The spirit doggies also spawn from some Iksar bandits in the bandit cave on the beach in Field of Bone. Now that I think about, any of the higher lvl bandits (manslayers? I forget) in FoB can spawn the doggie spirits.

Also, killing bandits gives you some Cabilis faction.
  10. Craized Lorekeeper

Does this method still work?
    I heard that the faction hand in trick has been nerfed, can anyone confirm this?

If so what is the general advice for doing shaman epic upto 2.0 from scratch nowadays?
    Am I better off just working through epic 1 or should I do prequest?

Cheers.
  11. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

IIRC the 1.5/2.0 still require good truespirit faction. it's been a while though. if I'm remembering correctly, you might as well just do the 1.0.
  12. Ruggar Lorekeeper

The Quick Faction Method was nerfed on February 20 patch, in order to get you epic 1.0 you will have to do the entire quest.

• Spear of Fate - It is no longer possible to bypass steps in this epic quest by completing early steps multiple times.
    • Hand-ins for this quest can no longer be multiquested."

As for the 1.5 and 2.0 you will need the black fur boots for the per quest if you don't do the Epic 1.0 which is several steps into the shaman epic so you might as well do the epic.
  13. Craized Lorekeeper

Cheers people. My path is now set. I’m gonna start work on this over the weekend.
  14. Ruggar Lorekeeper

Here are some things that will help you out..

1. Use this guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shaman_Epic_Quest
    2. Do the quest in order do to the required faction at each step.
    3. You can kill Glaron the Wicked and Tabien the Goodly at collect the parts without having to go threw the dialog.
    4. The door to Highscale Kirn is LOCKED despite what Alakazam and the P99 walkthru tell you bring a rogue.
    5. Get all of you COM drops in the one run (Books from Lord Ghiosk, Mark of Highscale, Letters)

6. Highscale Kirn isnt were the in brewell says he is
    7. Make sure you have plenty of fish scale for the Eurdian Crossing part :)
  15. Craized Lorekeeper

Cheers for the tips, though I finished this quest about a week ago, and I’m now just a final hand in away from completing the 1.5 lol
  16. kenshon Journeyman

I'm stuck on having enough Truespirit faction to engage Black Dire. My /faction says I'm 250 faction short from conning warmly. I've done the 1.0 Quests up to the Black Dire.

Tried killing Pegleg twice and handing in Tiny Gem to Bondl. Got XP but no faction increase -- is this nerf that is mentioned in the thread.

How do I increase Truespirit faction now...?
  17. Herf Augur

Yes, you can't do multiple gem turnins now. Sorry.
  18. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Odd, ZAM says warmly is enough. The only reason I checked is that while its been 15+ years since I've participated in the shaman 1.0 (did mine in era) I don't actually remember talking to him being a requirement.

Did you try just killing him anyways?

I know it also seems obvious but you weren't invis right?
  19. kenshon Journeyman

Update - I did just try killing him anyway and it dropped the pelt.

Hard to tell what is required dialogue vs just funsies from ZAM
    Skewert likes this.
  20. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Congrats. Thought that might be the case but I could just as likely have been wrong and they changed the quest in the last few years.

Way back in the day Black Dire was a pseudo-raid mob even for level 55-60s. We would bring a couple groups just to be sure. The way I remember it was clearing all the way from the Lesser Faydark zone line to the Black Dire and then pulling him all the way to us just in case there was a problem and we needed to zone out. I didn't remember having to talk to him before the monk brought him to us.

Glad you got your piece.
    Skewert likes this.