New Ragefire Player

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Guffspeak, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Guffspeak New Member

Hi, i appreciate the advice that has been given here.
    I'm interested in joining a TLS and am not really interested in the fast schedule of Phin. Will I be a huge disadvantage if i don't have a bot army on Ragefire? I'm a US est player, are there enough Ragefire guilds that I would be able to find one that fits those play/raid times? Thank you!
  2. Semah Augur

I don't have an army and I'm happy on Ragefire. My wife and I group, and we added a single druid box for utility when we duo, but that's it.

There are 3 guilds in VT on Ragefire, and mine (Tempus) raids regularly in the pacific-eastern range, as does at least one of the others. There are also several other guilds killing Velious and pre-VT Luclin content, several of which raid in US timezones.

Forgive the tangled reply; it's early. PST me in game if you'd like to chat more.
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  3. Mowens Elder

The real box armies left the server before Luclin and now play on Phinigel
  4. Phinius Elder

Hey Guff, there are many guilds available that will fit EST playtimes. You do not need a box army to be successful on this server.

Tempus and False Prophecy are both farming VT.
    Yeti is farming NToV and on rotation for Ssra mobs, progressing towards VT. We raid 3 nights a week.
    Awakened Legends and Solusek's Lotus are also EST options.

I would suggest browsing through everyone's website to see which guild will be the best long term fit for you. Ours is yeti-eq.com. See you in game!
  5. Fegrim New Member

Hey Guffspeak,

Me and my buddy recently started here on Ragefire aswell. If you see either me (Fegrim) or my mate (Deddly) online, don't hesitate to give us a tell for grouping!

Best Regards
    Fegrim
  6. CatOnTheKeyboard New Member

I too recently came back and joined RF for the same reasons you did Guffspeak. I wanted to support a 'legacy' style server that does progress but Phin is going too fast and is already an expansion ahead.

Also, while I too don't box, I'll point out many of the boxers I've met have stopped by me playing alone and slapped me with every buff their squad has. So, I really don't mind that either.

While I've had a small bit of help (and a lot of answers) from Semah, and I had the $ to buy/sell a Krono after I'd been playing a few days, otherwise I've totally been going it alone and had zero problems. ... and it's about to get easier when PoP hits and port books come (maybe the only thing I do wish was currently in, not that I can't head to a spire still or try and snag a port from someone).

I mean, the game is already so much more player friendly than it once was... no xp loss before 6, no gear loss on death, greater xp on top of a server that has an xp bonus, the bazaar where you can often find lots of magic gear for 20p or less that in early EQ would have cost you half your savings... it's from my limited experience this last week in the shoes you'll be in but, Ragefire's been fun. That's about all I ask of a game old enough to vote (or really, any game).

In the near future I'm going to start guild searching, chatted with Semah about it already but still not sure how to proceed with it myself at the moment so I can't discuss that from experience, but from what I read above it seems like you'll have options too.

Backing up what Fegrim said, I've also found most other people running around will either group with you or, if they're like me and prefer playing solo, happily trade every buff they have.
  7. Old Man Elder

I've died giving out buffs on Ragefire, while strangers were pulling (they pulled too much, and after they wiped, the critters went after my shammy). Then the strangers rez'd me. Good times. Good server!
  8. Ethereal Augur

Basically, all the guilds on Ragefire work fairly well with each other. Phinius gave a pretty good summary of them, just have to find one that fits your play-style.
    Adonhiram, Kattria Minx and sifonin like this.
  9. Adonhiram Augur

Yes, we have been enjoying a long time of peace now between the three major guilds ( Darkwind, Tempus and False Prophecy) - minus a little incident related to KT socking- and it feels good to have a nice atmosphere. I am sure this is a positive factor for a returning player. I have myself bad memories from my TLP start on Lockjaw September 2015 when the atmosphere was over toxic, that's why I switched to Ragefire after a couple of months. Welcome back to you and enjoy your leveling

If you have questions or need summoned focus items, feel free to shoot me a tell. And if you start looking for a guild, Ragefire plays on euro schedule (raids start at 2 PM east American time, 7 PM CET time). Tempus and FP play on American schedule, not sure though if pacific/east/central, one of their members will certainly post the info.

Have fun !
    sifonin likes this.
  10. Kattria Minx Augur

I'm super happy on Ragefire. Once all the malcontents left and the remaining guilds were able to work with each other, it's been a real pleasure to play here. You should be able to find a guild that suits your play style without any problems.

Semah is one of the best resources--friendly, funny... and very knowledgeable about both mechanics and the lore!
  11. Bongjohnsilvers New Member

Just joined Ragefire as well due to the slower pace of expansions, and gotta say, I'm loving it. I'm a solo player and the boxers I've encountered thus far have been helpful and considerate. Plus I've met a bunch of other solo'ers who found themselves on Ragefire for similar reasons. Enjoyed Phinny while I played it, but it just moves too fast for me to keep up with and the solo penalty doesn't work with my schedule and the times I find to play. So thanks to the forums and posts like these for leading me to even consider Ragefire!
    Adonhiram and Kattria Minx like this.