BST - dual wield or 2h?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Majestia, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Majestia New Member

New to the BST class and wondering whether there is a preference between dual wielding or using 2h? I've heard the preference is faster swings for more procs which would suggest dual wield (Lower delay).

Assuming you have both sets of weeps of similar quality available, does one type generally out dps the other?

Thanks in advance
  2. Minato Augur

duel wield hands down
  3. Kruler Journeyman

Duel wield for BST 100% monks get a 2H AA,s but not BST,s
  4. Stubar Augur

Situational. I liked 2HB for soloing (after the appropriate AA's where purchased), however for the most part dual wield will be your best option.
  5. Kravn Augur

Beastlords get no 2 hander AA, so Dual Wield for sure. More specifically, Blunts and H2H as piercing doesn't proc Gelid Rending.
  6. Chaosflux Augur

/nod

There's a threshold where riposte damage will outweigh the twin 11handers advantage or atleast it used to be that way, or if the named has a decent sized DS.
  7. Stubar Augur

Correct, I never said that they did, they do however get shield block or whatever that 2Hander AA is. It's been so long since I actually played. I'll be more clear next time. I was referring to riposte, double and triple attack AA...etc.

P.S.On a side note, Gelid will proc on special attacks so it you time things well enough, it can still be a useful as it always was...just enough to annoy the MoB like a mosquito would.