FREE Heroic Character – Until March 31, 2017

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Orbital101, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Rhaage Augur

not 100% but the free ones in the past would pop up a warning message indicating it was a free HC and would not restore your count if deleted.

related question: While long term I'm sure free HC's can't be deleted and re-used. When you previously did the Free HC you could delete and recreate until the Free period ran out. Will the same rules apply this time?
  2. Gialana Augur

The drawback to doing this is that the items which are only granted on the first character creation would be stuck on a different server. So if that's important to you might want to avoid this suggestion.
  3. Sinzz-Wickedley Lorekeeper

ill be happy when it works :)
  4. Badhand Elder

I heard about 1 hour. :).
  5. Lynnia Augur

so I made my paid heroics since the free ones still aren't active, I did them on my intended end server so I can put shared bank items in shared bank if I need to. Now I don't have to stress about it =)
  6. Lily Augur

I'm in the same boat. I'm just reading this post as the servers are going down, so it's too late to use the paid one.
  7. Morbidhorror New Member

I thought you brought the servers down to fix it. I logged on to do a Heroic Character on Emarr and it's still not working
  8. twotoneska New Member

Also didn't have the credit on character select. Logged in a character, and got yellow announcement text saying I now had one. Camped out, and it was there.

Hope this helps.
  9. anvil Elder

Happy Anniversary Everquest! Thanks so much for the Heroic Toons! However, I have questions about the Free Heroic Toons and how they work. Does the new Free Heroic Toon slot work like the Paid Heroic Toon slots? (Wherein you have a heroic slot to use, you can create and delete, create and delete at your leisure) Or will the new Free HeroicToon work like the original free ones back when heroic toons first went live...as in a one time use, where if you use it and delete it, it's gone forever? I ask this because I have a "paid" heroic toon slot already on each of my 3 accounts; which all 3 paid slots just happen to be empty right now; so when I choose to upgrade a toon to heroic, will it use my Free Heroic slot? or the Paid one? Or do they both work the same anyway? If the Free Heroic Toon is one time only, how to I insure that the game allows me to use the Free one first and save my Paid one for later? Or has this been established yet? I am certain that I cannot be the only player with paid heroic slots which are empty...so the answers to these questions could potentially prevent customer service issues in future. Thanks for your time! :) ( I inadvertently started another thread on this topic because I didn't notice this thread, sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused)

PS. after the downtime to fix the heroic toon issues, I still don't see the Free Heroic toons....am I looking in the wrong place? Or is this indicative that we still have issues with the program?
    anvil, Today at 2:09 PM
  10. Kravn Augur

So I made a new account, made a dummy lvl 1 shaman on it, and burned a Krono. Logged completely out a couple times, but its not granting me the heroic... any ideas?
  11. twotoneska New Member

You probably did, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask anyway. Did you log into that character, or just create it and stay on the character selection screen? I had to log into a character to get mine unlocked. Though it was a pre-existing account, so you may have a separate issue.
    Kravn likes this.
  12. twotoneska New Member

Did you try logging into a character and seeing if you got the unlock text?
  13. Roshen Brand Manager

As a few have suggested above, you'll need to log into a character on a server to be offered the free Heroic Character.

There's no /claim associated with this. As long as you're logging into an account that has played EverQuest before, and you get past character select, this offer will be available to you.
  14. WorriedinNorrath Elder

Today is Christmas in EQ.
    disgruntled and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  15. anvil Elder

Can anyone please confirm that you can use this "free" heroic slot instead of your saved "paid" heroic slots? As in, is there a prompt asking if you want to use your "free" upgrade so that you will know it's not using a paid one? ( it's best to know ahead of time, right?) Many thanks to anyone who can verify this for me. o_O
  16. Geroblue Augur

I used 2 heroic free slots. One on a silver account, one on a paid account. This was on existing characters.

Look for my post in Veterans forum for the process I used to get the gear, level uip, etc.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  17. Kravn Augur

Yeah, I have fully logged in and out a few times after consuming the Krono on the new level 1 character... No joy. The announcement said new accounts that are all access qualify, so I assumed that krono all access met said criteria.

Guess I was wrong.
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Dunno if you logged in already to trigger it, but I intend to log in accounts with a pending one, claim the heroic I paid for, then log back to character select, claim the free one, then go back and delete the first one that should give me back the one I paid for.
  19. Geroblue Augur

But you don't have to do that to get the free one.
  20. Huzo New Member

If you log in and get the free char, does it have to be created and or used by the 31st?
    disgruntled likes this.