Question about Free Heroic Toons

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by anvil, Mar 16, 2017.

1. anvil Elder

Happy Anniversary Everquest! Thanks so much for the Heroic Toons! However, I have questions about the Free Heroic Toons and how they work. Does the new Free Heroic Toon slot work like the Paid Heroic Toon slots? (Wherein you have a heroic slot to use, you can create and delete, create and delete at your leisure) Or will the new Free HeroicToon work like the original free ones back when heroic toons first went live...as in a one time use, where if you use it and delete it, it's gone forever? I ask this because I have a "paid" heroic toon slot already on each of my 3 accounts; which all 3 paid slots just happen to be empty right now; so when I choose to upgrade a toon to heroic, will it use my Free Heroic slot? or the Paid one? Or do they both work the same anyway? If the Free Heroic Toon is one time only, how to I insure that the game allows me to use the Free one first and save my Paid one for later? Or has this been established yet? I am certain that I cannot be the only player with paid heroic slots which are empty...so the answers to these questions could potentially prevent customer service issues in future. Thanks for your time! :)
    disgruntled likes this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I don't think we have the answer to that yet.
  3. Geroblue Augur

And can we Heroic an existing toon with this anniversary freebie ?
    anvil likes this.
  4. Lynnia Augur

I asked that question in another thread, and someone else had the same problem. I was fortunate enough to be able to use my paid ones before the servers went down, but others still have not been able to.
    anvil likes this.
  5. anvil Elder

I don't have a problem yet...but trying to avoid it in future. :) I just see the potential for many problems with this. I would certainly like to know how it works ahead of time.
  6. Geroblue Augur

I did it on an existing character.

1) log into account, server, and character you want to go to 85.

2) move everything off the character to your bank. weapons, armor, rings, packs, etc.

3) log out to character select

4) highlight the character you want to go to 85, the same character as step 1 and 2.

5) log in to the zone.

6) Go to the eQ button, and select Quests, then Rewards.

7) click on 'select option' until the window closes.

Somewhere in there you will be asked if this is the character you want to make HC 85 level. Click on Yes or okay. I forget which one is there.

Now all items are on your character, select new spells for the new level, arrange inventory, buff, etc. have fun.