LDoN just randomly opened on Phinny

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xyroff-cazic., Mar 14, 2017.

1. Mowens Elder

NP! Glad to help! :)
  2. uk6999 Augur

Not that I have gone there because of the Hate's Fury fiasco but I was really hoping you would leave infected paw in the game to give us something to do group wise until LDON in a month. infected paw can support multiple groups has decent upgrades with aug's that arent game changing ( at this point ) and the ZEM is pretty solid.

@Absor how bout a high five and a ten spot on the side and you let it stay in =D
  3. Hadesborne Augur

Something interesting happened when LDON accidently was released. Because I had race changed from Erudite Necromancer to Iksar necromancer when I spoke with the NPC in Cabilils, he told me basically to get lost and talk to someone else. Anyone else have this issue? I spoke with the East Cabilis NPC. I did not speak with the wet Cabilis NPC if that makes any difference.
  4. Stormblossom Elder

Worthy of mentioning also: The keys to Howling stones and Sebilis became non-required after yesterday's toggles as well. Not sure if that was intentional or not.
  5. ZeeK Elder

RIP Infected Paw
  6. Prathun Developer

Appears to be intended. The keys are no longer needed once Planes of Power is open for at least one month. Worth checking out though. Thanks!
    Tudadar and PathToEternity like this.
  7. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

The REAL question is, will it be back with LDoN launch in April. I am hoping so.
  8. Decay57 New Member

I had the same issue. I race changed from a DE necro to an Iksar and when I hailed Zauz Malgorne in East Cabilis, which worked for other guild mates, he told me the following;
    "Zauz Malgorne says, 'You show a great deal of courage in coming here to speak with me, however... I am unable to guide you along the path of becoming a part of the Wayfarers Brotherhood. You may wish to seek out someone closer to home."

By the time I got to the DE Brotherhood guy in Neriak (Kwilrz Vn`Ycxa) the quest had already been disabled so I wasn't able to check if he's who I'll need to talk to when it goes live. He conned indifferent to me.

Anyone have any info on this?
  9. Prathun Developer

That message means that the city you're currently in is not your character's starting city.
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

To be a little more helpful, when you race change, your starting city might be changed to Crescent Reach.

/charinfo - May give you your starting city (the last location it gives). I'm afraid to log in to check right now until I know Daybreak has fixed the Collections bug that zeros out collection items that people are reporting after this patch.
  11. Machentoo Augur

If starting city is being changed to Crescent Reach before TSS opens on a progression server, that's got to be a bug and not intended...
  12. Hadesborne Augur

Thank you and yes, my concern is that my starting city info may be conflicting.

When I charinfo I get:
    Origin Location West Cabilis
    Bind Points: Plane of Tranquility, Paineel.

I am wondering why is my secondary bind point is paineel when I am no longer Erudite.

So I am HOPING if my Origin Location is West Cabilis by talking to the LDON npc in west cabilis should clear things up, because the east NPC told me to find somsone else. I was unaware that West Cabilis and East Cabilis were different cities.
  13. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I didn't realize this was a Time Locked Progression question on a server that doesn't have Crescent Reach. I was only looking at Prathun's answer from the Staff Post Tracker and didn't even look at the forum name.

Since you are getting an Origin Location of West Cabilis when using /charinfo, I would guess this is a bug or something that hopefully Prathun will clear up for you (and us all). Note that your Origin Location might not be your starting city, due to issues with race change. Technically, I think that it only must be the location you go to when you use the Origin ability (AA or Go to Home City from Character Select).

Speaking of which, when you use the Go to Home City from Character Select, where does it take you?
  14. Prathun Developer

Looked into this a little closer today. If you're in a starting city and haven't finished the quest, you should receive a direct message from a mysterious voice. The message if you're in the wrong city is similar to what's displayed if you're talking to the wrong NPC, indicating that "You may wish to seek out someone closer to home." If you're in the city zone that matches your starting city, the message will instead indicate which NPC you should speak to and where they are located.

For example, the Shar Vahl message says:
    A mysterious voice whispers to you, 'Vlarha Myticla, who is in a tavern just northeast of the entrance to the city from Shadeweaver's Thicket, has just joined the Wayfarers Brotherhood and has some information about them, and how you can start doing odd jobs for them. You looked like the heroic sort, so I wanted to contact you... discreetly.'

The potential starting cities are:
    South Qeynos, North Qeynos, The Surefall Glade, Rivervale, The Erudin Palace, Erudin, Halas, Neriak - Commons, Neriak - Third Gate, The Qeynos Aqueduct System, Oggok, The Rathe Mountains, Grobb, The Greater Faydark, Ak'Anon, South Kaladim, Northern Felwithe, Southern Felwithe, North Kaladim, Paineel, Cabilis West, Cabilis East, The City of Shar Vahl, East Freeport, West Freeport, Crescent Reach

When LDoN unlocks on your server, I'd try heading to West Cabilis since that matches your Origin.
    Hadesborne and Tudadar like this.