stormreapers scimitar quest seems bugged

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by daveblank, Mar 15, 2017.

1. daveblank New Member

have tried to complete the stormreapers scimitar quest (halfling druid newbie weapon) in rivervale since PoP/LoY opened but when i hand in items the npc just gives them back to me, submitted a /petition, was told to submit a bug report instead, submitted 2 bug reports but so far nothing has been done, pretty soon i won't have any need for the item so fixing it now might be a good thing maybe
  2. Astley Augur

3. Prathun Developer

I don't see any issues with the quest.
    Can you be more specific about which items you're handing to which NPC?
  4. daveblank New Member

i have done all the armor quests, they worked fine, when i came to the weapon part i turned in the head to get the unsharpened scimitar, sharpened it as directed but when i turn in the sharpened scimitar and the lg fruit bat wing to the npc (bodbin gimple) he just hands them back saying "i have no need of these items"
  5. Prathun Developer

Aha! There's a participation script attached to the quest that requires that LDoN be unlocked on the server before the quest can be completed.
  6. Catashe Augur

Oops?
  7. Prathun Developer

Yep. It looks like this NPC's quests were added around April 2002, which would make them Luclin / Planes of Power era. Easy enough to fix. The hard part will be determining whether this is indicative of a much larger problem where similar newbie quests were also handled incorrectly on progression... and then handling them correctly and consistently.
  8. Catashe Augur

Its ok your Prathun personally since these new sets of TLP servers have come out and reading your posts here on these forums.. I think you get some kind of twisted pleasure out of doing that kind of stuff ;)
    Prathun likes this.
  9. -wycca Augur

He's got a sickness! =P
    Prathun likes this.
  10. Prathun Developer

After some digging, I found 11 quests with participation scripts that restricted them to LDoN that appear to have been implemented in the Luclin / PoP era. A spot check of similar quests that were implemented in the same era shows that most were restricted by preventing the NPC from spawning until PoP. However, for these 11 quests, not spawning the NPCs at all was not the best option as the NPCs in question are also vendors or guildmasters.

I've lowered the quest participation restriction on these 11 quests to PoP.

Thank you for pointing this out.
  11. Taladir Augur

It's really cool that you work away on these problems and get solutions. Will fixes like these, the Kael NPC models, the PoP spell vendors, etc. carry over automatically to Agnarr upon launch, or will they need to be fixed all over again?
  12. Catashe Augur

It should these TLPs were basically what they had on Fippy plus the changes they did to Fippy to make it more "classic".. So all the changes they've done to RF/LJ/Phinny should roll over to Agnarr
  13. -wycca Augur

There's a TLP codebase, so a fix on one will impact the others.
  14. Prathun Developer

Yes, the changes made for the current wave of progression servers will be carried over to the next one. It's actually not a separate codebase, but a system of requirements in data that ensure that content is enabled and disabled at the appropriate time based on the server's expansion unlock status. :)
    Taladir likes this.