Illusion Benefit's *don't buy*

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by draginn, Mar 11, 2017.

1. draginn Elder

Most Illusion's have a special benefit tied to them. The Polymorphs add AC, Others add dodge attack ETC! These are all a waste and should not be sold in market! The polymorphs all get blocked from MOUNT benefits. Other illusion's get blocked from people spell's. These benefits are not huge increase but it should be known that they all get blocked. LOL give all of us a refund on SC or fix it so they actually don't get blocked over IMHO. Don't false advertise these in the SC Market. The key ring is really nice and being able to cast a illusion you want be with the stat of another was and is great idea! The problem is you never get benefit!
  2. fransisco Augur

or you simply need to choose between which thing you want active?
    Rough....
    Reht and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  3. seber Augur

well said fransico
  4. Kravn Augur

If you are picking illusions based on side buff benefits, you are failing from the start. None of them have any kind of buff worth justifying purchase for, save maybe Dragon War Mask. Even that is pretty weak.
    Slippry likes this.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I was disappointed to discover that quested(or from achievements) illusions does not have buffs, some of them are hard to come by...
    And worse, most illusions aren't compatible with mounts at all...you can't even get the sitting regen from a mount...
  6. savrin Augur

Most illusions don't stack with mounts. You have to pick one or the other with few exceptions.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Most illusions are just that, illusions. They are for looks. There are a few "useful" illusions but most are just for appearance.
  8. draginn Elder

Since none of illusion stats stack with any mount or player buff there a waste and should not even have a benefit. Again don't false advertise in the SC part because they won't work. Like I said we now have key ring which is great but once again the buff you select will never work.
  9. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Daybreak isn't falsely advertising that. Sheesh.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  10. GoldenFrog Augur

If you don't understand buff blocking and slots, it can be easily confusing. I understand the OP's frustration or disappointment.

With that said...
  11. Bigstomp Augur

Gunthak's swabby eyepatch (and I'm sure plenty of others) would disagree with you.
    I have all the possible illusions blocked and just use it for the buff.
  12. Gentledew New Member

To be fair, Gunthak's Swabby Eyepatch's buff doesn't stack with the mount you get from doing all of the prog in TBM/EoK, as far as I'm aware.
  13. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I think EQ/DBG's long history of shady/sketchy/exploitative advertising speaks for itself. Maybe not exactly "false", but misleading advertising is their M.O. It has always hurt trust between players and the company.

Remember when they announced "flying mounts" (after WoW introduced true flying mounts). EQ still doesn't have flying mounts, they have levitating mounts. I understand and agree with the OP.
  14. fransisco Augur

I think you are being rather unfair.
    Does your sandwhich wrapper say "eating this will not enable you to fly"?
    Can I rage because it doesn't do what I Want?

The store says it grants a buff. It does. Done.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

If they have the space in descriptions I guess a disclaimer wouldn't be a bad idea. On the other hand I don't see this as a big deal. The buffs are generally pretty small in the first place.

It is also pretty common knowledge you can't usually use an illusion when on a mount. And I believe it was not until the clickie illusion buffs becoming permanent that you were able to not be on a mount and have the mount buff.

I think that negates the whole argument of it being a scam by Daybreak since there was a point . But it may be a reason to add disclaimers to the items just indicating that illusion buffs do not stack with mount buffs. No idea how much space they have allocated to item descriptions in the marketplace though.
  16. Siddar Augur

So no one thinks buffs from illusions and mounts shouldn't stack? There used to be no way to have the two buffs at the same time. People bought illusion and mounts back then and didn't complain.
  17. GoldenFrog Augur

Can't stop here. Just illusions? Blocks with mounts?

Would need to change every clicky to list every block with every skill/spell/buff in the game. Else folks'll have the same issue.

As I said, I sympathize - but game knowledge is required.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Oh no just something generic like any buff effects may be blocked by other effects. Keeps the ones complaining quiet. I mean it seems obvious to anyone who has played the game a reasonable period that many buff effects block other buff effects but apparently some need it to be spelled out.
    GoldenFrog likes this.
  19. Jumbur Improved Familiar

When they can make classic models work with mounts, then they can make illusions work with mounts.

Yes, it might look stupid, maybe even "bard stabbing himself in the face"-level of stupid, but Im sure they could make it work... :p