afk boting to the extreme

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by gocus, Mar 10, 2017.

1. gocus New Member

Seriously daybreak,

you got several reports on AB and nothing done.

There 3 groups of players in EOK botting 24/7 or at least each time me or my guildmates move into the zone, the group are there, behaving like pure bots.

Even more, this guy didnt like complains and now spend his time (when not afk) training guildmate.

ok I know this looks like cry baby about the train, but seriously... weeks upon weeks with 3 groups of afk botting in a eok zone (FM) with several reports and complain.

What does it takes to make you take action against that kind of behaviour?

Just have a look at FM on AB, it s so obvious and obnoxious to other players
  2. gocus New Member

still boting afk
  3. gocus New Member

still up
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think DBG have given up on fighting bots. :(

I remember months ago, don't know if its the same bots, that me and a friend, spend hours looking for alternative placeholder-spots for the quest mobs we needed, because they were overrun by bot groups...
    In the end we resorted to kill stealing the bots...

There are also bots(or just afk levellers?or is it to level the alaris-tear?) in sarith permacamping the fast-popping quest mobs, pretty much blocking level-appropriate players from doing VoA-progression.
    Its easy to out dps level 105 mercs, when you are 105 yourself, but if you are not maxlevel or a dps class it becomes a problem...
  5. gocus New Member

No it seems there is a wave of banning, but on which criteria.... I dont mind if people are boxing or even boting while they are behind their keyboard while at a camp.
    We must be realistic the lack of player force most of us to box.

But seriously being weeks days and night at the same place botting (except to train some friend who complained to him about his action) is a bit over the edge....

btw just checking.... still up
  6. Derd Augur

So you and your friend and anyone else you can round up have reported this action? OR just came here and voiced your complaint, if that's all you've done you wont see much or any response in game. They do respond and I know for a fact they do ban people. Just a fyi, its the weekend, not sure at what time you started this thread it says 4 33pm on my screen not sure what time zone that represents but, mostly on weekends and with pax going on your chances of anyone important seeing this is zip till after at best morning meetings Monday.
    disgruntled likes this.
  7. gocus New Member

multiple reports have been done... but to no answer
    as for weekend, when you are having a game working 24/7 but during maintenance, daybreak should at the minimum have some people around....

I m quite curious about the result of their poll.

Basically, i posted here more from curiosity about when someone from daybreak will respond.
  8. gocus New Member

btw they were up yesterday evening and still up now (just checked)
  9. Quatreh Elder

lol just checked in game what u wrote here ... it is a shame ... so sometimes pples got banned for nearly nothing and those are still in activity ?
    disgruntled likes this.
  10. Schadenfreude Augur

I would love to think they ban or even suspend people but there's a SK/Shaman/Zerker trio on FV currently running in LC not far from the Druid port that's been AFK botting pretty much 24/7 in various EoK zones for at least a month. All in the same vanity guild, all character names the same except for one letter. They no longer bother to go ANON as half the server knows who they are and what they are up to not to mention absolutely happens when you report them anyway.

SK runs out and tags mob_within_pull_radius07 on a timer a Swiss watch-maker would be jealous of does that weird snap/spin like a merc or player on auto-follow and moves back to camp. Zerker immediately pings into the perfect position behind the mob in exact melee range and the Shaman casts random (lol disease) DoTs.

Rinse repeat until the server goes down or the botter fancies a change of scenery pausing only to list his EoK rares on Redguides for $$$.
  11. gocus New Member

Basically, who would care if they would be pexing/botting/cash item in brother island, but seriously just doing that to get items for real cash and blocking other peoples for camp or whatever...

trains are against policy otherwise could be fun to train them and rez them with 10% rez.... in fact no, it would be behaving like an but those extreme bot deserve it....

still up
  12. gocus New Member

still up
  13. Espiritun Augur

We've been through this so many times.

They will do nothing because:

If they ban these bots they lose 6+ subscriptions

If they dont ban them they MAYBE lose you= 1 subscription. But they doubt you'll quit over this so they elect to do nothing.

Business savvy!
    Cakekizy likes this.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Not on the Live servers at least. A lot of botters use some FTP accounts and or mercs so not going to be 6+ accounts. And usually would never be more then six unless they are using over six doing one camp because Daybreak tends to ban the account doing the botting and not all the player accounts as far as I know. If they are leveling and selling accounts they probably only go all access for the shortest time possible to max profits and minimize costs.

But they still may be shy of doing it for fear of losing any accounts if they went at it hard core on Phinigel. But I guess they can't go hard on botters just on live servers as it would just push those that do it for RL cash to Phinigel. Probably a few doing it just to level toons I guess.
  15. gocus New Member

in that case, it would be 18 bots, 3 full groups full auto...

(still up, i guess they have been up for almost a month)
    Groupe 1:
    Aongus 105 SK <---- that was the one training other groups - Auneth 105 ENC - Mabkine 105 WIZ - Morrigian 105 WIZ - Pargary 105 CLR - Yimminki 105 WIZ Groupe 2 : - Cure 105 SK - Mabu 105 ENC - Milb 105 WIZ - Nalt 105 CLR - Nand 105 WIZ - Zanm 105 WIZ Groupe 3 : - Fendi 105 WIZ - Laear 105 CLR - Nandy 105 ENC - Wahu 105 SK - Wandi 105 WIZ - Zaty 105 WIZ
  16. svann Augur

Nuke them from space. Its the only way to be sure.
  17. disgruntled Augur

On Quellious, they would have been trained repeatedly and offered 0% rezzes. Perhaps they're not bothering anyone where they are.
  18. Wolfenn New Member

I checked, this is the south of the zone not too many players there as there are no named or quest there.

Bot farming of rate I guess. But it s a bit extreme.

Saw one group being wiped, and he has a long timer before repoping using his fire... then rez

but correct chain train and zero rez could be the solution considering the response team here
  19. gocus New Member

shouldnt i be surprised
    the lack of reaction of daybreak
    or
    that they are boting since the server is up
  20. Caroline New Member

I think put something about this here : http://eqtoonx.free.fr/EQ - AFK XP/no AFK XP.html

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    svann likes this.