Your favorite game breaking bugs?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dabrixmgp, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Maedhros High King

How about Druids charming Mammoths in Western Wastes and using them to kill the raid Dragons in the zone. Sooo many Cloaks of Flames.
  2. LoladenPrexus New Member

Befallen banker.
    Felicite likes this.
  3. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

Pink spell icons, game was unplayable due to people complaining about pink spell icons as if they were radioactive or something.

Also, the "EQ = teh awesome" entry on a .ini file that made even more people whine about... stuff, still not sure why they were whining about.
  4. Fohpo Augur

During PoP, you could get the two factions of NPCs in Drunder to fight each other. If you did 1 point of damage, you would get credit when they died. We would start the "war" in the pit and train the entire zone onto it. Raid targets, names, everything, hundreds of AA a day, boosted an alt from 55 to 65 in a few hours.
  5. roth Augur

Not game breaking, but I do remember a few plat issues.

Running to Thurgadin with empty bags, just to buy Shark Meat to hand in, back in Kelethin.

Making Cheese in Shadowhaven, and immediately selling it to the vendor that sold the ingredients, for profit.

And my favorite one, bowyering. Make a Darkwood Compound Bow, using tinkered cams rather than storebought ones, to sell back to the vendor for profit. At the time, cams were on vendors for almost 40 plat, but the tinkered ones could be made for under 13 plat.
  6. Tadenea Augur

few I remember
    Being able to scribe and use Disciplines as Spells (shortly after Combat ability window came in play)
    Shortly after CoF started a item you got from instance would stay around after left instance and instance kill any mob after 1 tick and keep loot
    Fun one, no gravity bug in Dawnshroud, can fly into the sky when running
    Rangers who used to pull any mob across zones without any mob assisting
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Nniki Augur

Heh, I still have disciplines scribed in my book. If you try memming them now, you get the text saying you're memming it, but it never appears on the spell bar.

Edit: Pic for fun.

[IMG]
    Stymie and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. eqzekisdead Augur

When you de-lvl while in a spirit shroud you do not lose your current pet(or buffs). I had a lvl85 mage pet at lvl20. It was fun for a while on zek and I think the bug is still in game but there is no one left to kill on the server.

The only downside is if you die you lose your lvl85 pet and cant summon another, so its best to use a heroic toon you can just delete and recreate.
  9. RainbowTest Augur

There was a graphics bug like 2 years ago maybe that caused MAJOR FPS drops, I think it had to do with familiars. The Giant Familiar bug on Test was pretty frikking hilarious as well. The pink stick models April Fools day prank was pretty cool as well. Coolest bug I ever used myself? First week of Luclin, Taking 2 luclin droppable weapons and dropping them repeatedly and picking them up without moving. As you pick up the first and redrop it it would stack ontop of the previous weapon and they would eventually end up putting you 100 feet in the air standing on 2 floating swords. This bug might still be in game. Also the Golem illusions being used to block entry to narrow zones like the guild lobby.
  10. Grig-zek New Member

I remember the original plat bank back in the day, Neclo. It was a simple hail quest you could do at any level in Qeynos hills and he would give you a lvl 40-something spell you could sell to the vendor. People would bind and gate back and forth all day between him and vendor and rack up a ton of plat back when there wasn't such a thing.
  11. Gorkeyah New Member

There was an illusion clicky (lightning warrior I think) that would make you larger and when you reapplied you got larger again so you could click it over and over and become a giant to compete in size with the giant robot in dragon scale hills. :)

There was also a quest for a set of monk gloves way back (Treant fists). When it first came out, the gloves had a complete heal clicky on them with no recharge time. I never had them, but a monk healed me with them in passing. :) The click was such that you weren't killable as long as you didn't get one rounded I suppose.
  12. Nylrem Augur

One that's happened multiple times... Is occasionally they mess with pets, and allow them to equip 'no drop/trade' items.

This allows anyone to charm a mob... give it 'no drop/trade' items... then kill the mob, and let someone else loot the no drop items.

Easy transfer of old raid gear to alts, etc.
  13. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Unknown, who was a hacker, figured out a way to summon a vendor with every item in the game on it for 1cp.

Took a lot of overnight decked-out toons for SOE to figure it out and roll back.
  14. Act of Valor The Newest Member

that is incredible and I hope it is never fixed
  15. Moege Augur

Hazy memory but during PoP/GoD era for a week or so, put nodrop item in bag and drop it, others could pick it up.