Veteran/Ex EQII player with some questions

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Phaethon, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Phaethon New Member

Hey, I played Ever Quest years ago and quit just a few months before EQII launched. Honestly, I didn't get that far in EQ in those days because I got obsessed with trying to betray my dark elf and level my crafting, heh. Eventually I did play EQII and raided for 5 years before realizing that I had become what I most despised, an elitist -bag. And so, for the sake of preserving my fond memories of gaming, I retired from MMO's.

Recently I derided it might be fun to go back to my roots and play some EQ again, to just relax and enjoy the occasional r***ing by Qeynos city guards, you know?

So... just a few questions, please, if anyone is listening still? My interests include crafting, grouping, light RP, and perhaps one day (if possible) raiding.

1) What has changed in the last 15 years in eq?
    2) What servers are the most populated?
    3) What do I need to do to play EQ? I assume I need to purchase the latest box set/expansion then pay the $15 a month daybreak subscription fee, right? (waiting for the game to download now, btw)
    4) Any good/great/fun guilds to look out for and/or join?
    5) Anything else that I might be missing?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Just download and play. Its free. If you like it then you can subscribe whenever you want. You can do a lot as a free account. No box sets anymore. This is EQ, not EQ II and as you mentioned that you only played it a few months then it wont really matter what has changed in 15 years but the answer would be everything lol. As to servers and guilds, that is up to you. I found that recommending those is like pizza. Everyone has different tastes.;)
    moogs likes this.
  3. Phaethon New Member

Thanks for the reply, my first (uninformed) choice for server would be AB since my old character was on there. I wonder if my old account would be recoverable... lol. I know Sony never deletes accounts but I'm not sure since they sold the EQ and EQII to daybreak. Guess I'll log into AB when it finishes downloading and ask more questions there.
  4. moogs Augur

If you remember the login to your old account, use it. /veteranReward is worth having if you choose to play regularly.

Oh, and if you've been away that long, you should change your password. Your credentials have probably been bought and sold ten thousand times by now.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

AB is a euro server, meaning that most people play euro timezone