Berserkers or Wizards for most DPS

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Honch from FV, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Honch from FV New Member

Which class does more DPS, Berserkers or Wizards?
  2. fransisco Augur

berzerkers about double wizard dps.
    Its not even close
  3. Honch from FV New Member

thx, just making sure because I've been away for a while.
  4. Hellboy007 Augur

not really any category a wizard out does a zerker.

though it is nice to have a wizard in the group.

Brd/Shm/Zerk/Zerk/War/Wiz
  5. GoldenFrog Augur

It'd be criminal not to suggest that Zerkers are most likely begin reigned in at some point in the near future.

Just for full disclosure of someone making a new-char decision.
  6. fransisco Augur

Possibly reigned in. They were overpowered in TBM. EoK made them even crazier.
    Its not like this was a one time oops
  7. Kobrah Augur

Range dps.
    Felicite likes this.
  8. dwish Augur

I thought that about 2-3 test patches ago. I'm starting to think they are fine with them doing 2-3x every other DPS class.
  9. Borias New Member

Zerkers will improve more in every expansion that doesn't have a level cap increase.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

Balance will move. Currently zerkers are where it's at. It won't be there forever.

Don't choose your class based on flavour of the month. Choose one you enjoy playing.
    Miss_Jackie and DinkumThinku99 like this.
  11. Thraine Augur

sadly zerkers have been the flavor of the month for the past few years, as far as dps is concerned
  12. Hellboy007 Augur

not really anything swings in a month anymore.. even grossly out of wack things go on for months or years.
  13. Tvarian Augur

Zerkers spent many years as the south end of a northbound skunk when it came to dps compared to the other classes. I remember when I started playing a zerker, many told me not to bother because rogues & monks were much better.

Considering our sole purpose is dps, we should top the charts. How far ahead of the other classes though is where the debate really is. We are dependent on other classes. How much dps can a zerker do with a bad tank that can't hold aggro? Only what he can get off before he dies.
  14. Thraine Augur

rogues and monks aren't better anymore :p on parse event you'll see a good zerker double what a monk can do .. i think that's grossly out of balance
  15. GoldenFrog Augur

This is good for picking a new main/alt.

This is not best advice when looking for an additional class to join your box crew - if maximizing DPS (for example) is the goal.
  16. Lheo Augur

There is no reason why Zerkers should not be number one dps class forever.
  17. fransisco Augur

isnt that what rogues, monks, and wizards all say about their class too?
  18. fransisco Augur

This
  19. Gundolin Augur

Zerkers by a wide range, and I don't see Wizards in the top 2 unfortunately.
  20. p2aa Augur

Berserkers deserve to be at the top spot on DPS. Is there another class that has to root itself and again worse blind itself to produce max DPS ? I don't know how much of an impact their blind / root disc has on their DPS, but from an outsider perspective, they deserve to be at top DPS spot.
    They seem to be too much over other classes, in this case don't upgrade them next expansion, and upgrade other classes so that they come closer to zerkers. In term of DPS tier order, I would put first Berserkers, then Rogues-Wizards equally.