Enchanter mind wipe series

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by eq_fan, Mar 2, 2017.

1. eq_fan Journeyman

so when I read the description of mind wipe it says something along the lines of

"Attacks your target's mind, providing a chance to forget those that have done them harm."

so I am soloing and I get one add, and a bit later another mob adds. my merc has both of them...well kind of. the second is beating down from behind.

So....I cast mind wipe on the second mob expecting it to walk off and forget and instead it makes a straight line for me. so merc gets ahold of it, and I try to mez it..and that fails over and over *sigh* so..then I try to mind wipe again and of course it comes right at me again.

I think I'm not understanding how this works. What does it really do? I suspect it clears the aggro list and puts me at the top, not the mercenary. is that close?
  2. nantalbus Elder

It clears aggro of anyone on its hit list. But if it still in aggro range it will re attack you. In order to get it to clear and leave you need to get it out of it aggro range. Such as using the push root aa then wipping it. Or rooting/mez it then back out of its range.
  3. moogs Augur

To put it simply, what you want to do is mez everything that has aggro on you and then cast mem wipe. Among other things, this can be a nice way of getting past see invis mobs without taking the time to kill them.
  4. gotwar Gotcharms

Probably worth mentioning that the memory blur line of spells has a % chance to "succeed" that raises slightly with each new spell in the line. Eventually you get an AA that improves this chance, and later on an AA version titled "Fog of Memories," as well as an AA version of the AE spell, Blanket of Forgetfulness.

Until you get the AA lines, it can sometimes be a PITA to blur something with the spell.
    moogs likes this.