Druid DMG Dots

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Biffin, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Biffin New Member

Hi,
    how many Dmg Dots can a 105 Druid now cast ?
    I know only 3 different Dmg Dot lines..

bg..
  2. Fohpo Augur

They've attempted to limit the number of spells actually being cast and overall, increased damage. While I'm not sure exactly how many they can actively use, I do know that damage is respectable and that for my crappy geared box group - my friends druid is like a permanent burn dps in the group.
  3. moogs Augur

There's Cold, Magic, Short Fire, Long Fire, and Fire + Nuke, so that's at least 5.
  4. S33k3r Augur

6 dots, the following is from patch

- Druid - Increased all DoT lines in power and efficiency. Removed the ability for the same caster to stack multiple spells within these DoT lines (where it was possible).
    - The following lines were consolidated:
    - - Sunscorch (Vengeance of the Wild to Sunflash)
    - - Stinging Swarm (to Horde of Aculeids)
    - - Flame Lick (to Consuming Sunray)
    - - Nature's Blazing Wrath (to Nature's Fiery Wrath)
    - - Gelid Moonbeam (to Argent Moonbeam)
    - - Chill of the Natureward (to Chill of the Copsetender)
    Biffin and moogs like this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

6. moogs Augur

Nice, forgot about the other cold one. Maybe I should use it more!
  7. Biffin New Member

Ah, Thx, now a have the Right spells. I don't play for a while my Druid and so i have to learn new..
  8. ChaosU New Member

I know this question is off topic but its about druids... How are they to solo if you make a Hero Character Druid and work from there?
  9. Fohpo Augur

I have a druid that is 85 from years ago, was using him to boost a new bard and quading in Fort Mech was pretty easy.
    moogs likes this.
  10. ChaosU New Member

Im talking about solo or molo a Druid
  11. moogs Augur

With the DoTs upgraded, it's probably much easier than it used to be. You could root rot rather than kite. Wonder if you would have enough DPS to kill the vinethrashers by the Sarith zone line in Beasts' Domain. That would be crazy XP. Before I get somebody killed with the suggestion, I'll try it on my heroic druid...
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  12. Brohg Augur

I think one absolutely could, since it's just a matter of time with anything snarable that doesn't summon.

The question really is whether the mobs' total hp line up efficiently with the total damage of the dots. This is a more complex concern when the Chill line cuts in at 95 - with extension and then the high damage "stinger", those take nearly three minutes to complete their run. The other dots can be refreshed once or even two/three times in that duration. How many of each it takes to kill each mob is more science than art, but taking the time to develop that knowledge is more than many players are on board with in a game :)

Anyhow - if dot damage can be made to efficiently match up with lower /con mobs, that's usually the way to go for exp. Like instead of doing one mob per several minutes in Beast's Domain, one might dot down several at once in a Gyrospire or something.
    Beebles likes this.
  13. Fohpo Augur

More changing coming in on test...