Should Melee Classes Roll on Parchments

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by OleGreg, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Pikallo Augur

When you join/create a group, establish an agreed upon system for loot distribution. It is literally that simple.
    FluttyMan likes this.
  2. Tomlyn Drayke Journeyman

They do need a better system.

If only there was a way to make a person in the group...let's call it a "master looter" role, for now. That person could then distribute parchments in an equitable manner that all groupies would be informed of before entering the group.

But, alas, now you're stuck completely dependent on the RNG to dictate how much fun you'll have in EQ :(
  3. MaxTheLion Augur

There is a feature like that in game. It's called talk to your group and make a compromise... The group leader has that option while he's controlling the loot rolls.
  4. Thash Zoner

They have a better system, it's the one in effect.

Randomness can be disappointing or rewarding, but at least it's a fair shake for everyone. I don't trust random group leaders to dispense loot equitably. Let RNG take the blame.

I've honestly had more problems with "master looters" helping themselves to the gems and drops than any issues with people rolling on cashable loot that isn't for their class. Because PP is for everyone's class.

If you want to NBG, don't pug. It's that simple. Despite its redundancy, it bears repeating.
  5. Kanuvan Elder

If you want exclusive rights to loot join a guild, PUGS are not for that
  6. DimaREZBANKED Journeyman

Need on everything worth plat, unless it's specifically a worn item upgrade for someone.

Everyone should use need for gems and parchments, using greed on gems/vendor loot is stupid. At this point in the expansion, spells are vendor loot. 75% of the spells taken as need are being sold in bazaar. It was actually much MORE lucrative for the casters before spellgate, but it's still free plat for them. All those runes that were need rolled to the casters? Ya that cleric had all their spells from their guild, they're turning those in for wizard nukes and selling them.

It's not greedy, it's fair. Melee need plat for tradeskills, gate potions, etc., why should they miss out on a whole category of loot. FYI, I play 0 melee out of my 5 chars.
  7. Warlorf Augur

Ive t to roll need on any of them. greed sure, Im a warrior and not a .
  8. Dilf Augur

Haha, at this point in the expansion, aka 3 weeks after the launch of PoP, spells are vendor loots! For non-raiders or casual players, they need these parchments to pay for the ridiculous ornate plate mold prices. You can get a leather helm mold for 400p, but the plate equivalent is like 7000p. Good luck gearing up a warrior without being able to sell items like this.
  9. Astley Augur

Basically... if the end result is tradable, and of high value, everyone has a right to need on it in a pick up group if they want, unless you pre-establish something.

If you want to do a round robin thing to make it fair, where you cycle through who gets the next drop, that's great.

But unless you're playing with people who you know are going to be honest about whether they actually need that parchment for one of their own turn-ins, then everyone could use it for an alt, or a friend, or just to sell to make up for others.

In Guild groups, I'd roll greed, to get parchments for alts, and let any guildmates who actually need to do turn-ins still roll need. But in a PUG? I have just as much right to share in the drops as the caster types, unless you want to make some arrangement.
  10. Ootax Augur

I need on everything but am open to giving something to a class in the group that needs it or trade them for something. I do NEED plat for like we all do and if someone else rolls/wins something that could benefit me then I understand it is what it is and try to offer up something for trade if they win it. I prefer it that way and hate getting in groups where one is always greed, one is need, one makes up some other random rule. Just need everything and be open to sharing something you may win and others return that favor.
  11. FluttyMan Elder

When you create/join a group, make it clear how the loot will be distributed.

Or be a gentleman, let others decide for you and live with no plat... forever...