Mark of Karana with Halfling Druid: can make Steel / Blessed Guardian Arrows???

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TarewMarrForever, Feb 27, 2017.

1. TarewMarrForever Augur

OK have a few questions on this, but first a background:

So Halfling druids can (at least on Phinny):

- obtain the Mark of Karana
    - make the Surefall Fletching Kit
    - use said kit to make "normal" Fletching combines like Fishbone Darts

So then I went to go make a Steel Working Knife so that I could test if I can do a "Mark of Karana" fletching combine, and ran into the first snag.

It appears that Druids cannot make the combine to create the Steel Working Knife. I'm assuming it has to be a Karana-worshipping Ranger. Meh, but not surprising. That's why I was testing this out.

According to EQ Traders, the same limitation (whatever it is, again, assuming Karana Ranger only) also applies to the Steel Arrowshafts. :-( Does anybody know if it applies to the Steel Arrowheads and Steel Fletch as well? They are not listed as having the same restriction, which seems odd.

But the 64,000 plat question is: If I have my friend make the subcombines (Knife, Arrowshafts, and possibly the other two), can the Halfling Druid do the final combine on Steel Guardian Arrows or even the Blessed Guardian Arrows?

Again, I've already verified that the Surfall Fletching Kit works, but that was for "normal" recipe. However, the Steel Guardian Arrows do NOT use the Mark of Karana as an ingredient!!! Nor do any of the subcombines, but apparently you have to be a Ranger to do at least one of the Blacksmithing subs. I'm hoping the final Fletching combine is NOT class-restricted.

Can anybody confirm / deny?

If you are wondering why I care, it's simple: these arrows seem to be the best path to 300 skill, and my main is well on his way to having 300 across all available tradeskills. If this won't work, I'll have to do it the hard / expensive way...

Any information would be most helpful...thanks in advance!
  2. Catashe Augur

You must have did the recipe wrong cause I was a Halfling Paladin worishipping Karana and i had no problem making the karana fletching stuff
  3. TarewMarrForever Augur

I definitely did it correctly. However, Paladins like Rangers may be one of the allowable classes.

I triple checked and I definitely had the correct items, and was using a normal Forge.

It's quite possible that WAR PAL RNG ROG can make the combine, but DRU cannot.

I know I can't do the subcombines. The question is can a DRU do the *final* combine.

Again, on EQ Traders, it specifically says that the Knife combine, as well as the Arrowshafts combine, are limited to select classes...and I'm pretty darned sure DRU isn't on that list.

I had been assuming it was Ranger only, but any melee class that can worship Karana also makes sense...which is why you PAL would be able to as well...
  4. Bewts Augur

I would expect of the diety restricted combined for a knife and rune are restricted to a class, that the final combine may be too,

I can check tonight as I have both a karana ranger and Druid.

I don't see it being overly difficult to achieve yourself as you indicated you know a karana ranger already.

It does seem slightly silly the combine is diety AND class restricted however as the resulting items are droppable...
  5. Sunfuz New Member

vale forge>normal forge= magic
  6. Astley Augur

Yeah... what forge were you attempting to combine them in?
  7. TarewMarrForever Augur

It wouldn't be too hard to check for myself but I don't know when my friend will be on again. He's not a RL friend, just an in-game friend. He may be on in a day...or a week. Who knows. ;-)

It was a normal Forge, the one inside Surafell ranger house, behind the parcel vendor, in that corner. Since this isn't a Halfling Cultural combine, it shouldn't use the Vale Forge, should it?

I'll try again with the Vale Forge, but that doesn't make sense to me...and if it needs to be the cultural forge in Surefall (I'm assuming there is one...somewhere), then Halfling certainly can't do it.
  8. TarewMarrForever Augur

On a related note, on EQTraders there is a thread saying that some ranger was having problem with this working because there are two Dagger Blade Molds (different Item ID's). He was trying to use the mold from Abysmal Sea, and that wouldn't work. Once he triee the one from PoK, it did.

I'm using the molds from the dwarven smith vendor in PoK...obviously not the molds from Abysmal Sea. ;-)
  9. Bewts Augur

I recall everything you need to do the combines for the arrows are in SFG...

Not sure if that's your problem there.

Anyways, I'll check in later tonight to confirm for you one way or the other for the Druid.
  10. Kaedra New Member

11. Kiani Augur

I'd be very surprised if a druid can't do it. I can't think of a single deity restricted combine which is also restricted on class. Aside from alchemy and poisonmaking, tradeskills simply don't look at the class of the person making the combines.
  12. Kaedra New Member

13. Catashe Augur

Only thing I can tell ya is I can try and make the knife on my druid later.. It is possible that the knife is restricted to the classes who i can use it but i seriously doubt it.. and like someone posted above.. He was a Halfling Druid and made the knife no problem..

You had to have a problem with your mats
  14. TarewMarrForever Augur

Thanks for the reply folks, it's great to hear other druids have been able to do it.

It's possible I used a Pod of Water, I'll double check in a bit. I do have forage running all the time, I guess it's possible that I grabbed the wrong one, but I'm usually pretty careful about that.

I will also try using the molds from RV.

Edit: it worked using the molds from RV, not sure if my problem was the other molds, or if I accidentally used a Pod of Water, but either way I'm good to go. Thanks for the information folks.