when beer shoots out of my nose

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by moogs, Feb 27, 2017.

1. moogs Augur

I thought I made a very generous offer to someone last night for an item, but he responded saying he wanted 32 Kronos for it. Not even on Ragefire or FV server...

I understand Kunark is in fashion, but are we back on ebay circa 2000? The greed is getting slightly out of hand.
  2. Sindaiann Augur

Depends in the item. I have saw zerker 2hers and tank combat heal proc shields, eok chase Rares, go for 50 krono. It's all in what someone wants to pay really, to some, the plat and krono they have accumulated mean absolutely nothing.

Now the real issue at hand.....beer shot out your nose. That is alcohol abuse....1000dkp fine
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  3. moogs Augur

That's just amazing. Guess I don't play enough.
  4. Belexes ForumQuester

As long as krono can be bought with fake money, you will see this happen. No one pays real cash for 50 Kronos to buy a dropped item. You'd have to be a very rich nerd to play the pay to win way with real money.

If you are not a "play to win" guy, then plat doesn't really mean anything, so you don't need that much of it. Won't need Krono outside of keeping accounts paid if you are one that won't or can't pay for suscriptions with real money.

If I looted a chase loot I couldn't use (probably would never happen), I would just give it to someone that would use it.
    GoneFission likes this.
  5. fransisco Augur

the chase items are mostly luxury items for the plat horders.
  6. GoneFission Augur

I like the idea of rare chase loot. I think I would like it better as no-trade. Not use it or rot, like in the locked HAs, but offer it on the spot without insane prices.

The begging for and selling of EOK rares is a bane in chat. It needs to be picked up in the spam filter, in my opinion. The game I quit playing before EQ was Diablo 2. It got out of control with equipment sold on eBay and in-game currency was an item that no longer dropped in the game, but people bought and sold with it in the dozens. EQ is looking distressingly similar. At least the developers maintain some semblance of control. The other game was the Wild West.
    fransisco and moogs like this.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I just don't believe the prices are real. The same guy has auctioned the 1h axe for 40 Krono for almost 2 weeks on Bristle. I just don't see that ever being purchased. Get back to me when you have an item that matters in game play like a tank shield, slow belt or tank mask for that price :rolleyes: Group players don't have items of that magnitude and they're very valuable. Heck, mid tier guilds could pool resources and get those for their main tanks and it's actually helpful to game play.
  8. moogs Augur

I also come from the Diablo 2 generation and I never wanted to play on Battle.net because of the incredible amount of automated eBay spam. LAN forever.
    Mykaylla likes this.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Exactly, people can ASK whatever price they want, that doesn't mean they get it.

People who could actually afford those prices (by "afford", I mean they have 40-50 Krono on them) don't really need the items.

Too bad there's no way to know what price they eventually get.

Tat
  10. Aghinem Augur

I see various offers on general chat for Oakwynd ranging from 40 - 100 Krono
  11. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Oakwynd is priceless, so that doesn't surprise or upset me at all.
    fransisco likes this.
  12. Riou EQResource

Have to keep in mind that EoK rares are the same stats as actual raid gear, and 3/4 of raiders don't have access to most of them because they are locked behind raids to buy or have drop.

Even WITH access, they still have to have it drop or save up the currency to buy it.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. Xikteny Augur

I have personally seen several EoK chase weapons sell for ~30 Krono. They have been two-handers, but still, (some of) these items can be "worth" those prices.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

When I look up Oakwynd on ZAM, I see a bow from the BotB tourney back in 2001. Is that what people are referring to?
  15. Sindaiann Augur

I will clarify. I have personally saw items sell for 50 krono. Not people ask for it for weeks on end, items sell for such. Whether anyone thinks an item is worth that or not, is opinion and not fact.

It is worth what someone pays. Period
  16. Fohpo Augur

WTS Chopper on FV, 50 kronos.
  17. Xanathol Augur

The items will be outdated within a year. Anyone paying so much needs a reality check.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. fransisco Augur

Oakwynd is about the best bow in the game, and has been since its inception in 2001.
    Maybe current raid bows are now better, but its 175 dam 20 delay.

Good rangers see that and don't care about the lack of stats. After all, weapons are for doing damage. The stats are secondary.
    There was only 1 Oakwynd given out on each server in 2001. The fact that any still exist is amazing.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I wouldn't be pooling resources to get a tank an item when said tank could easily end up in a raid guild a week later. It's the epics all over again when people used to join a guild get their epic done then leave a day later.

As for the prices it benefits sellers to confirm high prices on items and it benefits buyers to confirm low prices on items. Caveat Emptor.
    moogs likes this.
  20. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Bristlebane is different from your server. The same tanks have been in their mid-tier guilds for a decade plus. They're not going any where. They're there because it's home and because they want to play EQ casually.
    Felicite likes this.