Bard DPS increase required..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hellboy007, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Hellboy007 Augur

see still strange tin foil hat stuff here... people scare of pixel criticism? ohh snap, get in your safe place folks. Cybor EQ bullies going to punch you in the teeth.

parses without names no big deal.

lets be real about agenda.. devs have there own agenda and probably nothing posted here makes a dang bit of difference. sure may bring attention to them and eventually months and months down the road change is made. they make their own agenda with or without our data.

could be wrong.. they could look only at the data here and tune everything without testing them self.

Valid observation on our mages. but...

[IMG]
  2. sojero One hit wonder

I dont feel the same way. Parse without name example:

#1 cleric + pets 211820k@(327895dps in 646s)
    #33 sk + pets 34661k@(53822dps in 644s

Its very easy to have fun on the forums isn't it
  3. Brudal Augur

I may have to roll up a cleric.
    sojero likes this.
  4. shiftie Augur

That looks like a mykaylla parse when swarming library as a group
    Romance and Jyve like this.
  5. Fohpo Augur

#HelloMonks
  6. Tucoh Augur

The ordering and percentage of this chart fits precisely what i expect from average dps numbers, but the numbers overall are lower, likely a result of taking i to acccount low dps periods or non combat times.

I think bards should do 60k here, bst/mage should do 80k, necros 100k and berserkers 150k.
  7. dwish Augur

Shows you how much beastlords need a bump as well. Absolutely decimated by rangers, the other "DPS hybrid" class. They both bring about the same ADPS to the table as well. Honestly, every DPS class in the game needs a fairly large bump to even begin to sniff bezerkers at the present moment. The fact that one class has remained so utterly broken for so long is mind-boggling to me.

Edit: meant to list the chart just above
  8. Quixotic Journeyman

Outlying classes need to be moved more towards the middle. Yes, some would call it a nerf to the ones on top - but it's not. It's FIXING a problem. And you don't do that by increasing everyone (or reducing everyone) - you do it be finding the outliers, and moving them back towards the baseline.
  9. savrin Augur

Bards are essentially a utility class not a dps. They should be somewhere in the middle of all classes. Give me fade memories and your amazing pulling skills and you can have some of my beasts dps. My dps is not that good either my adps is really powerful though.
  10. Kaliko Augur

Beastlords dps is pretty good..... My beastlord in TBM group gear was sustaining 60k~ in TBM over long periods in groups and right now i've seen beastlords do exceptionally well on raids I think it's really a skill issue or group makeup.
  11. Schadenfreude Augur

Beastlords can be absolutely amazing burst (especially) and sustained when played well. Clearly this rarely happens for so many people to be asking for them to be bumped up.
  12. dwish Augur

Beast ADPS (mainly dicho) is very good, but ADPS is not just something a few classes do anymore. Every single class in the game has some form of ADPS now. Manaburn (even after the nerf) is still absolutely amazing ADPS, even with the fairly long refresh. Scarlet cheetah is very good. Check out some of the synergies that every DPS class got with EoK, some are excellent. I don't really agree with giving everyone ADPS, but that seems to be the direction they are moving in.

The main point I'm making is it still seems like some people are stuck in the mindset that ADPS is still the domain of only a handful of classes, and that's just not the case anymore. Shamans are some of the best ADPS out there, have some of the best heals/buffs in the game, and bring loads of utility yet they can do very nice DPS now. Holding bard personal DPS down mainly because they are still perceived as "the" ADPS class is just wrong. Bards absolutely deserve a DPS increase, and not a small one either.
  13. Swiss Augur

Don't beastlords have FD and a pet? I don't see any real reason why bards couldn't match beastlords including adps of both, we both have utility.
  14. Sliders Journeyman

If you know what you're doing on a beastlord they can do pretty good dps. I don't mean to Sarcogian the thread, but I play one and do alright.

With that said though, I feel like you've got class envy, but it's more unwarranted than you think. I used to play an enchanter, and going from that to a beastlord I thought nothing of what enchanters have for pulling etc. I now have significant problems pulling, and it's a different world. You start to take what your class does well for granted, and what other classes do well is so amazing. If that's how you feel, make a serious alt, and try a different class out.

Let me explain a bit more for you about beastlord FD. It's not some perfect cure. If you have say 2 mobs on aggro and FD, when you get up odds are that you are still going to have 2 mobs on aggro. Getting up outside of their line of sight can help sometimes, but it's kind of rare. If they walk back to their spawn point usually they will go off xtar and then it is safe, but sometimes that takes a while and sometimes, especially in thuliasaur where many mobs are just roamers, they just won't. You have to wait about 3 minutes for the aggro to fade. If you've ever tried pulling like that, you'll get what I'm talking about. Sure some things work out well, but if I had any real pulling ability that entire zone back when I farmed power sources would have been a different story. I remember dying there because the fd fails and then having to go back through 2 boats etc.. If I could have pulled or mezzed it would really have changed everything. The only good thing about the fd is that it's pretty good in general at getting you lower on the aggro list on raids, but it seems to know when it could kill you if it failed, and that's when it fails the most. That genuinely feels like how it was coded.

Anyways, I still think bards should get a boost in personal dps. I'm not trying to hold you down, but if you think another class is so great, try them out and see. Even if they are great, you're going to find that you did more on your bard than you realize pretty fast, and you'll have a greater appreciation for what you brought to the table.
  15. Duhbeast Augur

Keep in mind you can pull with your pet while FD if the others walk away, but yeah I agree bard solo dps could use a pick me up.
  16. Fohpo Augur

Still waiting for the epic stream memes, on topic: please buff bards.
  17. Sliders Journeyman

Shallow and pedantic sir, shallow and pedantic.

Everything I've said and the character in which I've said it still stands untouched by that comment. Pulling on a beastlord is the worst sort of pulling. The. Worst. And it should be that way, it's not something they do well. Pulling with a beastlord right now is like healing on an enchanter with runes in shadows of luclin. You don't do it unless it's sort sarcastic joke thing, or you're in dire straights.

That's the way it should be. Beastlords aren't great pullers. Bards are. Downplay it all you want, if I could have a bard pulling vs a beastlord pulling I'd take the bard because it's easily over 10 times better.
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

*ears perk up*
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  19. Zaviere Augur

Pulling isn't even that big of a deal anymore. With a decent tank and healer, a group can just pull clumps of mobs and deal with them pretty easily. Hell, it's often faster to grab multiples and have a tank take them while the DPS burns them all down, as opposed to split pulling singles. And for those less than ideal group makeups, there's always (usually) the option to CC said mob clumps, leaving only one awake mob at a time to deal with.

Trying to say a Bard's pulling ability compensates for the severe lack of personal DPS is a pretty weak argument. Sure, you could say, given my example above, that Bards also have the ability to CC stuff. Yeah, we do, but just barely. Our AE mezz is a 30sec duration with a 30sec reuse timer and a 3sec cast time. Our single target mezz is ~18sec duration with a 3sec cast time. Compare us to Enchanters and it's no contest where the better CC comes from. And damn, Enchanters can significantly out DPS Bards these days as well!

Honestly, I'm not sure why I'm even bothering to post on this thread further. I already know nothing is going to change for the Bard class. Devs rarely, if ever, pay attention to these kinds of discussions, let alone act on them in any way.
    Hellboy007 likes this.
  20. Duhbeast Augur

[IMG]