[MNK] BP suggestions

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Sirene_Fippy, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

What kind of BP focus and clicky do you guys want to see in the next expansion?
    Same one? Old one? New idea? Please give your feedback, it will be passed on to the devs.
    - Also, can you make a good argument for your focus becoming an AA, and coming up with a new focus if that happened?

Some guidelines -
    - Top 3 spell choices for focusing are suggested.
    - Focuses that impact usability of any spells/abilities are good (ex: heal/dmg focus %, spell haste, reduced timer, extended duration)
    - Wanting same as existing BP is fine

For reference, the current focus:
    [22965] MNK Impenetrable Discipline Reuse Time 28%
    Duration: 3.3h (1950 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Reduce Timer by 65.5s
    2: Limit Spells: Impenetrable Discipline
    Decreases the reuse time of Impenetrable Discipline by 28%.

Current clicky:
    [47190] Eight Leaves Heel Technique
    Max Hits: 40 Offensive Proc Casts
    4: Cast: Demon Crusher on Skill Use (32000)
    5: Limit Skill: Flying Kick
    Text: You focus your inner energy.
    This technique focuses your chi into your feet, adding 5000 additional damage to your next 40 flying kicks.

[47191] Demon Crusher
    1: Decrease Current HP by 5500
    Text: You are struck by a blast of chi.
    Deals #1 damage to your target.
  2. Minato Augur

So long as the eight leaves type buff is added into an aa of some sort id personally love to see them do something about terrorpalm seeing how lacking it is anymore (sad when a "less dps" disc is better paired with dicho "eye of the storm" then it is with terrorpalm and TP is supposed to be our 3rd burn disc)

If eight leaves was to be removed completely i say leave it as is due to that nerfing us unless they added something with terrorpalm that out weights the eight leaves during a heel burn but where terrorpalm stands right now i highly doubt that would happen
  3. Dropfast Augur

I would say that the focus [22965] MNK Impenetrable Discipline Reuse Time 28% should definitely be made into a permanent AA as it has been the staple of our defense for countless years now. IF that is done then we could really use timer reduction to a few other abilities like.

1. Dragon's Balance - This has needed a timer reduction for a very long time now in order to bring it's timer in line with our Ironfist Disc. Dragon's balance current reuse timer is 20 min. Ironfist is 15 min. So this ability needs a 5 min reduction ( or 25%) to bring it in line with Ironfist.

2. Destructive Force / Focused Destructive Force - This could use a 2 min timer reduction in order to bring it in line with our Speed focus Disc. Speed Focus current reuse time is 13 min, D-Force reuse is 15 min. I know this is a powerful ability but I'm only asking for 2 min timer reduction or about 13.5% reduction to reuse.

3. Heel of Zagali - As this is the best disc to run with the BP's click effect, it would make perfect sense. Heel of Zagali current reuse is 15 mins. I know this probably won't happen but if we could get a 5 min reduction to it's reuse would bring the timer down to 10 mins. Thus bringing the BP's click effect and the best disc to use with that effect both in line to 10 mins.

I don't have any problems with the click effect except that it is long overdue for damage upgrade. The
    [47191] Demon Crusher proc should be 7500 - 10,000 by now. Being this proc has had such little or no increase for a while it's a little behind the times. Were dealing with mobs now that have millions and millions of hit points. Even if it was upgraded to 10k a proc, yours still only talking 200k damage total every 10 mins. That's still a joke honestly in today's game. So maybe 10k damage per proc on raid BP's, 7500 damage per proc on Group BP's sounds about right.

Also, every monk BP also has the focus - Mnk Earthforce discipline reuse Time 28% as well. This can be dropped now. This was originally done because they messed up our Inpenetrable Disc when it first came out as a short term fix. They have since fixed Inpenetrable disc and this focus has no longer been needed for a long time. That can be dropped permanently.

That's all I can think of for now but if I think of anything else I'll be back to post it.
    Attickus likes this.
  4. MrMajestykx Augur

[IMG]
  5. Dropfast Augur

So I was a bit tired when I wrote that but I got Inpenetrable and Earthforce mixed up. >< Earthforce is our newer one that we still need, Inpenetrable is the old focus that can be dropped reguardless if they make any changes or not.
  6. Picard Journeyman

Thank goodness I read the entire way down Drop and found your last post haha! I was going to ask if this is what you meant to say heh. As for the rest - check! I'd probably prefer some of the timers to be reduced even more than what you listed but that's probably just me being greedy. Heck it would be nice to have 18 delay 2hblunt raid weapon as well but let's not get silly 8P!!
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The general gist I see here is that the Earthforce is vital if it is not an AA, it needs to stay. If it becomes an AA... some other timer reduction ideas.
    Impenetrable *can* (should) go away.
    Click is good but needs more damage.
    Ishtass, Lisard, Ssdar and 2 others like this.
  8. Dropfast Augur

9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Very much so. I think you'll find this is the case for a lot of other classes' worn bp focuses, too.
  10. Minato Augur

Just my 2cp could use a dps timer reduction such as eye of the storm
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

For your focus?
    Remember. The click must be a scalar effect. Timer reductions are in no way scalar as the amount of benefit is highly variable depending on what other effects you have going.
  12. MrMajestykx Augur

on the idea of the eye of the storm Ngreth, reductions are always nice, but what you REALLY could do for us, and I have always questioned WHY you all did this and its honestly silly, is to take Eye of the Storm off the same shared timer as Shaded Step. Why are we being forced to give up dps in a fight for survivability or vice versa? why is a defensive disc on same timer as a offensive one? Our dps has been neutered quite brutally over the last few years, can we at least not have this happen for a small start to reinstate our dps somewhat?
    Thrillho likes this.
  13. heruthemonk Lorekeeper

Click effect with crit rate modifier and/or accuracy modifier would be fantastic!
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This is not something a BP can do.

That is not a scalar effect. The effect will be highly variable depending on circumstances.
  15. MrMajestykx Augur

NO Ngreth I am WELL aware of that, there was a mention of TIMER reduction and eye of the storm, so I I thought I would add to that. IMO what I asked is alot less work then changing BP clicks etc, which btw? is something we been asking for how long now? anyway man thats just my 2cent, its just silly offense and defense sharing the same timer. but hey love ya mean it
  16. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I am working well ahead. The BP's I'm looking at are many months away, not current BP's I.E. when the next big thing comes out.
  17. Thrillho Augur

I think what we're missing from Ngreth's wording is he doesn't want something that adds exponential DPS (think linear instead of scalar. When I see scalar, I think of raster or vector as opposites). Adding crit rate is going to have more of an impact when used with Heel or Speed than with something like Ironfist, Terrorpalm, or even discless. Adding in a click that is going to do X dmg per Y hit = Z damage is what he's after. This can be used at any time, not needing to be paired with something else to maximize damage.

Any damage added should be paired with a kick, as it currently is. It's what we do the most of, and the rate of kick is static for whichever weapon we're using - dual wield or two handed. I don't think I've ever been concerned about not hitting the 40 count on kicks, whereas I may be concerned if it was tied to something else.

It would be nice if these kicks did a little something extra in addition to the damage - perhaps having an aggro reduction built in as well with each hit. Or returning a bit of endurance with each hit. With Dicho and Alliance, we're quickly running out of endurance on raids. Even with Breather, Eight Breaths, and that other one that's slipping my mind.

It would be great to have a different focus, but that's probably because I've been used to this focus for so long that I don't know how decent it actually is. I use Earthforce all the time, so I'm sure I'd be asking for it back if it was removed. As someone above has noted, we have a line of defensives tied with offensives - maybe it's acceptable to put on a defensive focus (earthforce) as well as an offensive focus (Heel or Speed would be too powerful. Maybe Eye?)
  18. Valik New Member

Thrillho, good ideas, i think i would personally see eye become a passive "always up" AA at this point of the game personally rather then a bp focus for it though.
  19. Thrillho Augur

As much as I'd like to see us get a boost, I don't think turning Eye into an AA is the right way to go about it. What this argument says is "we're low, so bring us up to where we should be and drop a disc." Why not just "bring us up to where we should be" and leave the disc as is?

We need to raise the floor for damage. There are plenty of claims to that fact, and I don't think this thread needs to be changed into one of those threads. We've got a dev responding to our ideas in this thread, lets not ruin that. Please. (That's not directed at anyone, I've just seen how these threads usually end up). Head on over to https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/so-monks.238370/ if you want another current monk discussion with a lot more blue sky ideas in it than this thread.
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I'm all for this, with the note that once you do more than one thing, you no logner have the best of "both" things. I.E. ( !!! these are easy numbers for conversation, not actual numbers that will be used !!!) if the best damage is 100000 and the best hate reduction is 200000 something that does both may be 50000 and 100000. Maybe 60k and 120k. Or... en even different compromise... 80k damage but only 40k agro reduction. (80% of the damage 20% of the agro) I.E. a compromise.

While I'm not going to reject the idea outright, at this time the plans are to keep it to a narrow single "line" focus. So chances of this combo idea are low.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.