Long-forgotten Quests (Feb 15 Patch)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Feb 15, 2017.

1. -wycca Augur

[IMG]

I have to say, the crypt camp was the worst part (although Chardok can take awhile too).

The sword graphic is really neat, not sure I've ever seen it used anywhere.

For anyone doing the quest, some tips -
    - Indifferent faction in Overthere works (ie I used sneak).
    - The goblin gave the not-enough-faction response for me when charmed (puppet strings). However, I completed the text, turned in the items and was able to progress. My working theory is that 1) I somehow got a random + faction hit to him while in Droga/Nurga/FM in kunark or there's a deity/racial mod, or 2) most people aren't doing the text exactly in alla post and/or not turning in all the items to move on while charmed. As Prathun posted earlier in this thread, it will be fixed shortly, but in the meantime, you might be able to continue the quest like some of us have.
    - Any giant in BW seems to drop the handle, I camped the fort.
    - Any mob in Nurga drops journal pages.
    - Chardok mob is the right treasury guard facing the door - exactly where stated on Goodurden's alla post. Pop rate appears to be about 5%, bracer is 100% drop.
    - Phinnie drops the sword, it's not a 100% drop rate, appears to be about 20-30% like the rest of his loot (2 of 6 so far).
    - The two CoM mobs drop the sword 100%. They appear to be able to spawn about anywhere like many CoM named (I found them both up on the 2nd floor). Be warned, I found out the Mist Reaver spawned Black Reavers after I killed, leading to Lord Ghiosk eventually.
    - Dar Ghoul Knights in OS crypt drop the Spine, there's approximately 5 roamers, all of which can be Dar's, along with the 3 entry statics, 2 caves of 2 statics each, and the 2 statics in the cubby in the front of the actual crypt (the longer middle spawn there cant be a ghoul) - for a total of 14 possible Dar pher's. The roamers can spawn as a live mage, who attacks the skeletons. Drop rate of 2-3% on Magelo appears accurate for me.
    - Above poster said on Alla that an_old_wurm dropped the Skyfire piece for him, on test I got it from a_mature_wurm, and on Phin I got it from either a_wurm or a_mature_wurm (I killed both at same time and didn't look closely at adv loot).
  2. Klymaxus New Member

Ivyshae Blade:
    You say, 'Hail, Kaelana Ivyshae'
    [Sat Feb 18 14:22:11 2017] Kaelana Ivyshae says, 'Greetings, Aletta. I am Kaelana Ivyshae, ranger of Tunare and recent arrival to this fine outpost as one of the master blacksmiths. I was sent here by order and an obligation to my people, but I had my own more personal motivations for coming to these lands. Unfortunately, my duties here at the forge keep me much too occupied to begin [my search:What are you searching for?].'
    [Sat Feb 18 14:22:12 2017] You say, 'What are you searching for?'
    [Sat Feb 18 14:22:12 2017] Kaelana Ivyshae says, 'Many centuries ago, the iksar invaded Faydwer under the command of Rile Sathir. My ancestor, Elyrian Ivyshae, and his companions came to these lands to fight back. They called themselves the Righteous Order. Unfortunately, all but one of them perished here. Elyrian alone survived and returned to see his homeland again. However, his journal was left behind. Furthermore, I believe I know where it [can be found:Where can Elyrian's Journal be found?].'
    [Sat Feb 18 14:22:13 2017] You say, 'Where can Elyrian's Journal be found?'
    [Sat Feb 18 14:22:13 2017] Kaelana Ivyshae says, 'One of the pilgrims that came to us related an unusual story. She was in the forest and eavesdropped on a dark elf speaking to a goblin about a long-lost journal. She couldn't quite make out the name of the goblin, but thought that it rhymed with 'edge rule' or something similar. It's my believe that the goblin has the journal or knows where it is. You must find this goblin and ask him about the journal!'

-You follow the same steps as Kuughark's Task to get the journal. Get the bracer from Chardok and you also need the 4 pages from Nurga.

[Sat Feb 18 14:22:25 2017] Kaelana Ivyshae smiles as she quickly inspects the journal, flipping through its ancient, brittle pages with care, 'Thank you, Aletta. I'm forever in your debt. Please, allow me to repay you. Take this Sigil. It was the one worn by my ancestor. I will [need your aid:I will aid you again.] further, my friend, so that I might repay you in the fullest.'
    [Sat Feb 18 14:22:25 2017] Your faction standing with Inhabitants of Firiona Vie has been adjusted by 10.
    [Sat Feb 18 14:22:25 2017] Your faction standing with Emerald Warriors has been adjusted by 7.
    [Sat Feb 18 14:22:25 2017] Your faction standing with Storm Guard has been adjusted by 7.
    [Sat Feb 18 14:22:25 2017] Your faction standing with Legion of Cabilis has been adjusted by -1.
    [Sat Feb 18 14:22:25 2017] Your faction standing with Pirates Of Gunthak has been adjusted by -1.
    [Sat Feb 18 14:22:25 2017] You gain experience!

[Sat Feb 18 14:23:22 2017] You say, 'I will aid you again.'
    [Sat Feb 18 14:23:22 2017] Kaelana Ivyshae says, 'There is an elf known as Iryal. At one time, my ancestor called him friend. They were allies in the Righteous Order, until Iryal's callous betrayal. Now, ironically, the traitor suffers eternally. You see, Iryal was once my ancestor's apprentice, but he betrayed him in the pursuit of eternal life. Little did Iryal realize the torture that awaited him at the other side of the [dark bargain:What dark bargain did Iryal make?]. I have faith that Iryal will aid us... if we show that he has been forgiven. I will need you to show him this forgiveness, as he will certainly kill any Ivyshae on sight.'
    [Sat Feb 18 14:24:05 2017] You say, 'What dark bargain did Iryal make?'
    [Sat Feb 18 14:24:06 2017] Kaelana Ivyshae says, 'There is one known as Tivnesh, an ancient undead iksar of great power. Some say he was one of Drussela's apprentices, from the days before Rile's uprising. He should pay for his crimes against the Righteous Order. Killing the iksar who gave Iryal unholy unlife and returning the Blood Agreement that binds them will give Iryal the proof of such forgiveness. Once you attain the Blood Agreement, return it along with the Sigil to Iryal. He should give you a blade that was forged by my ancestor's hand, though you must understand that it is now likely worn with age and its enchantments broken. I will need you to return to me some [further items:What further items do you need?] with the blade, and then you shall have your reward, my friend.'

-Tivnesh was found East wing.
    -Iryal is found very north of FV zone.

[Sat Feb 18 14:26:29 2017] You say, 'What further items do you need?'
    [Sat Feb 18 14:26:29 2017] Kaelana Ivyshae says, 'The enchantments of Iryal's blade will need to be restored. I know of only two items that can do this for they are of the original materials used when the blade was forged several centuries ago. Upon an ancient golem, one known as the Mist Reaver, you will find the ore that will repair the blade. In the depths of the ruined city built by Venril Sathir, a rare and unique vine grows -- the Dankglow Ivy. Return those components to me, along with the blade, and I will give you a fitting reward.'

-Mist Reaver was on second floor, first build after going up the transparent ramp.
    -Dankglow Ivy off shrooms in Seb.

Ivyshae Blade:
    WAR/RNG/BRD/ROG
    HUM/BAR/ELF/HIE/HEF/DWF/HFL/GNM/FRG/DRK
    1HS
    DMG :15
    Delay: 27

15 HP 5 STR 10 STA 5 DEX 10 MR 10 PR

Effect: Divine Wrath (Combat)
    Required Level:50
    Strikes your target with the power of divine wrath. Causing 250 damage and briefly stunning them. The stun portion of this effect works on creatures up to level 55.
  3. MaxTheLion Augur

You say, 'Hail, Kaelana Ivyshae'
    Kaelana Ivyshae says, 'Greetings, Chain. I am Kaelana Ivyshae, ranger of Tunare and recent arrival to this fine outpost as one of the master blacksmiths. I was sent here by order and an obligation to my people, but I had my own more personal motivations for coming to these lands. Unfortunately, my duties here at the forge keep me much too occupied to begin [my search:What are you searching for?].'
    You say, 'What are you searching for?'
    Kaelana Ivyshae says, 'Many centuries ago, the iksar invaded Faydwer under the command of Rile Sathir. My ancestor, Elyrian Ivyshae, and his companions came to these lands to fight back. They called themselves the Righteous Order. Unfortunately, all but one of them perished here. Elyrian alone survived and returned to see his homeland again. However, his journal was left behind. Furthermore, I believe I know where it [can be found:Where can Elyrian's Journal be found?].'
    You say, 'Where can Elyrian's Journal be found?'
    Kaelana Ivyshae says, 'One of the pilgrims that came to us related an unusual story. She was in the forest and eavesdropped on a dark elf speaking to a goblin about a long-lost journal. She couldn't quite make out the name of the goblin, but thought that it rhymed with 'edge rule' or something similar. It's my believe that the goblin has the journal or knows where it is. You must find this goblin and ask him about the journal!'
    -Loot Ornate Steel Bracer from Rusdai in Chardok.
    -Turn in Ornate Steel Bracer to Darjool Waggletongue in Firiona Vie.
    -Receive Torn Journal.
    -Loot Journal Page 15, 17, 18 and 22 from trash goblins in Mines of Nurga.
    -Combine these pages in the Torn Journal.
    -Turn in Elyrian's Journal to Kaelana Ivyshae.
    Kaelana Ivyshae smiles as she quickly inspects the journal, flipping through its ancient, brittle pages with care, 'Thank you, Chain. I'm forever in your debt. Please, allow me to repay you. Take this Sigil. It was the one worn by my ancestor. I will [need your aid:I will aid you again.] further, my friend, so that I might repay you in the fullest.'
    Your faction standing with Inhabitants of Firiona Vie has been adjusted by 10.
    Your faction standing with Emerald Warriors has been adjusted by 7.
    Your faction standing with Storm Guard has been adjusted by 7.
    Your faction standing with Legion of Cabilis has been adjusted by -1.
    Your faction standing with Pirates Of Gunthak has been adjusted by -1.
    You gain experience!
    -Receive Sigil of the Righteous.
    You say, 'I will aid you again.'
    Kaelana Ivyshae says, 'There is an elf known as Iryal. At one time, my ancestor called him friend. They were allies in the Righteous Order, until Iryal's callous betrayal. Now, ironically, the traitor suffers eternally. You see, Iryal was once my ancestor's apprentice, but he betrayed him in the pursuit of eternal life. Little did Iryal realize the torture that awaited him at the other side of the [dark bargain:What dark bargain did Iryal make?]. I have faith that Iryal will aid us... if we show that he has been forgiven. I will need you to show him this forgiveness, as he will certainly kill any Ivyshae on sight.'
    You say, 'What dark bargain did Iryal make?'
    Kaelana Ivyshae says, 'There is one known as Tivnesh, an ancient undead iksar of great power. Some say he was one of Drussela's apprentices, from the days before Rile's uprising. He should pay for his crimes against the Righteous Order. Killing the iksar who gave Iryal unholy unlife and returning the Blood Agreement that binds them will give Iryal the proof of such forgiveness. Once you attain the Blood Agreement, return it along with the Sigil to Iryal. He should give you a blade that was forged by my ancestor's hand, though you must understand that it is now likely worn with age and its enchantments broken. I will need you to return to me some [further items:What further items do you need?] with the blade, and then you shall have your reward, my friend.'
    You say, 'What further items do you need?'
    Kaelana Ivyshae says, 'The enchantments of Iryal's blade will need to be restored. I know of only two items that can do this for they are of the original materials used when the blade was forged several centuries ago. Upon an ancient golem, one known as the Mist Reaver, you will find the ore that will repair the blade. In the depths of the ruined city built by Venril Sathir, a rare and unique vine grows -- the Dankglow Ivy. Return those components to me, along with the blade, and I will give you a fitting reward.'
    -Loot The Blood Agreement from Tivnesh in Howling Stones.
    -Turn in Sigil of the Righteous and The Blood Agreement to Iryal in Firiona Vie.
    -Receive Ancient Blade.
    -Loot Ore of Solidified Mist from Mist Reaver in City of Mist.
    -Loot Dankglow Ivy from myconids in Old Sebilis.
    -Turn in Ancient Blade, Ore of Solidified Mist and Dankglow Ivy to Kaelana Ivyshae.
    Kaelana Ivyshae says, 'Well done, Chain! The Great Mother was surely with you on this endeavor. I have repaired the old blade... and wish you to carry it. For you have aided a descendant of the Righteous Order, you should now wield our most sacred blades.'
    Your faction standing with Inhabitants of Firiona Vie has been adjusted by 10.
    Your faction standing with Emerald Warriors has been adjusted by 7.
    Your faction standing with Storm Guard has been adjusted by 7.
    Your faction standing with Legion of Cabilis has been adjusted by -1.
    Your faction standing with Pirates Of Gunthak has been adjusted by -1.
    You gain experience!
    -Receive Ivyshae Blade
  4. Imak Augur

I have found 10 questgivers, and completed 8 quests. The other two (Taluran & Vitratul) are broken and awaiting hotfixes.

Have I missed any? Any other quests to be found?
  5. MaxTheLion Augur

Oops. Looks like somebody posted while I was typing mine up.

-10 appears to be the magical number, Imak.
  6. Zori New Member

First on Ragefire to complete Taluran-Drethall quest.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

10th (and I think final) quest writeup is done, The Ivyshae Blade.

At this point I believe everything has been completed, was certainly fun and I hope we see more revived content like this in the future.
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Gleaming Serrated Blade may be the rarest item off a single NPC I've ever heard of.

1025 Black Reavers later on a TLP server we have thrown in the towel.
    Nniki and MaxTheLion like this.
  9. NotRumzlug Lorekeeper

Anyone know how to get firiona vie faction up for an iksar war?
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

5036 Reavers on Live and nada.
    Nniki and MaxTheLion like this.
  11. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

There are several factions that some of these FV NPC"s are on. Most of them are on Emerald Warriors, Inhabitants of Firiona Vie and Storm Guard.
  12. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

Thanks for the hint Bobbybick!
    Cazic-Thule Server First
    [IMG]
  13. DimaREZBANKED Journeyman

It drops on phinny, I completed the quest the other day.
  14. Immortalus Lorekeeper

As a dark elf necro I am sad.
  15. YellowBelly Augur

Looks like they are dropping on tlp but not live yet.
  16. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

OK I finally got the Gleaming Serrated Blade in order to finish "The Blade of Sirrik". It is such a frustrating item that I gotta share.

The ONLY Black Reaver that can drop this (as far as I can tell) is the one that sits on the platform up the elevator, in front of the 3 spawn. The same Black Reaver that shares a spawn with Tzirathk. It only has the chance to drop when that specific reaver dies, and will never drop from any additional reavers spawned. This is after killing some 8000-9000 reavers using the chainspawning method on both TLP,Live,and Test servers.

Good luck.
  17. TenkenTurtle Elder

Hi Prathun. Any word on this fix?
  18. Imak Augur

The faction-fixing related to Dajrool is now Live. Previously, I conned amiable and he still would not talk to me. Today, I con indifferent and he does indeed run through all of his dialog.
  19. TenkenTurtle Elder

Sorry to pester. I've killed everything in the hole about 6 times over and no Thin Strands of Golden Silk
    have dropped with hundreds killed. I like killing those nasty undeadies but they keep coming back no matter how many times I slay them :)
    Prathun and Ishtass like this.
  20. Prathun Developer

It looks like some servers needed the Hole repopped before the Thin Strands of Golden Silk could drop. Should be fixed now. Thanks for letting us know, and happy undeadies hunting!
    TenkenTurtle and Sumonerr_Tunare like this.