[ENC] BP suggestions

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Sirene_Fippy, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brohg Augur

A million% agro focus will do nothing to change the agro you get from 1 dot
    Sancus likes this.
  2. Sindaiann Augur

Gotwar hit the nail on the head
  3. segap Augur

The real problem you're sidestepping is pet aggro has been broken since they did the revamp several months ago. It's not just dots ripping aggro from pets, it's pretty much everything. Class B should not be given abilities to compensate for class A being broken. Class A should be fixed and class B given something useful.
  4. segap Augur

Honestly, the focus as is is useless (even pre-nerf). Everyone has a robe. Every robe has the focus. In essence, they're baking the focus in to the recast timer. They know no one will be without it. Just make the recast time for rk 1/2 and 3 correlate to group and raid robe focus and put something on the robe that can be improved expansion to expansion so that the robe focus upgrade means something.
    Brohg likes this.
  5. fransisco Augur

Not really. Pets can hold agro from a mage twincasting just fine (pets with group focus and not tradeskill gear or a hate mod mask).
    So a mage twin casting doesn't pull agro, but a single dot from an enchanter does.
  6. Sancus Augur

Twincast harder. You'll pull aggro.
  7. fransisco Augur

Anyone can always pull agro if they try lol. I was just pointing out that this isn't a case of pet agro issues (though they could always use more agro lol).
  8. Sancus Augur

I'm saying that on my Mage I routinely pull aggro during twincast while pet tanking, and I can do so even more frequently on my Wizard. Pet aggro has been abysmal since the TBM aggro changes, and tank aggro simply isn't comparable. DoTs generate a lot of aggro, but decently played real tanks (no, not raid geared) can still hold aggro over Enchanter DoTs. If you're pulling aggro in one tick, it's definitely because of the pet.
  9. fransisco Augur

Its not a single it. It general takes a few ticks.
    Although I agree, pet agro is ABYSMAL compared to tank agro
    (Pets dps is also abysmal compared to tank dps, and their tanking is in the same category).
  10. Cicelee Augur

A lot of casual magicians are also using the Tome of Obulous, which helps lower their aggro and as a result they can twin cast without worry about pulling aggro.

Whereas raiders like Sancus, who may be using the raid 2hb in the solo/group game, are going all out to maximize DPS. Which means no Tome. Which means they pull aggro.
  11. Sancus Augur

Edit: I would rather not contribute to further derailing this from Enchanter BPs, so removed my post. Apologies. :oops:
    gotwar likes this.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The click idea seems reasonable, just note that it won't be as much damage as say the ranger thing (which it is all damage) or as much mana as say the wizard thing (which is all mana). So it won't be both the best damage and the best mana return, it will instead be a compromise of some sort since it is doing both.
    I think you get this, I'm just being sure to manage expectations.
    As for the focus, the new recast numbers were made with the current BP focus in mind and that it would stay with its current effectiveness.
  13. Sindaiann Augur

Lmfao
    Brohg likes this.
  14. RPoo Augur

"You get what you get and you don't have a fit" that's what the elementary school tells their kids these days I guess.
  15. Anlak Journeyman

""If you really want to change the focus from Unity, I can listen to ideas.""

well in my world as a raider , Unity line is dead , i dont have spell slots enough to keep such slow recast spell up , so either fix unity ( to a useful state ) or drop it totally , BP click is more or less only for getting emergency mana after a death to get adps up running for group and looking stupid in that illusion .. ohh well i guess you can tell i find the unity nerf X"3#¤%&

:)

/Anlak
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  16. Ratbo Peep Augur

But you're actually (still?) missing the bigger problem.
    The focus effect has been Unity since Unity came out - you need to ask WHY it was set that way and had the % reduction of recast that it did. (The % BP recast reduction accidentally got badly nerfed with the Unity Rune change too! (Making the current BP foci a joke now.)
    Whomever designed Enchanter runes and Unity and the correlating BP focus *knew* exactly why Unity did what it did, what it was and could be used for, and the % reduction in recast as a reward for the group and raid BP - as well the resulting net benefit that gave to Enchanters. Look at the "Best for Enchanters" non-visible gear from CoTF back". There's a reason they didn't share non-vis stats with Wizards and Mages. Enchanters always had more emphasis on survivability than the other casters did.
    Now all of a sudden, someone new is again looking at the class as though it was a brand new canvas, and wants to "change direction" - yet again? Do you know how many times Enchanter have had to put up with this "change staff = change of vision" stuff over the years? Really?
    So do whatever you want to the BP - toss a coin for all I care.
    Because a year or two from now, the next "wet behind the ears", kids fresh out of college, (or a different game entirely), but total n00bs to EQ and it's history, will be sitting at a desk kinda like yours, and decide that "Enchanters need to change direction".
    Yet again. And again...........
    -Rat
  17. Ratbo Peep Augur

Agreed.
    And it's not just Enchanters... a few classes upgraded DoT's are now pulling way too much agro for what they hit for.
    Pets can't hold mobs at all , and real tanks get annoyed with the dotting classes now.
    They very IDEA behind DoTs is to get them in as quickly as possible so they have a chance to run... therefore be more mana-efficient.
    -Rat
  18. gotwar Gotcharms

OK!! So let's shift gears then.

It's pretty much unanimous that the current Unity recast timer focus is 100% worthless. Nobody gives any halflings about -2 secs on a 28 second timer.

Damage focus is out because it won't stack with Life/Decay eyes. We need something that benefits both group and raid Enchanters.

So this makes me think of three things:

- IoG duration extension. +1 minute for raid, +30 seconds for group.

- Gift of Hazy Thoughts proc rate increase. +8% raid +4% group.

- Critical Damage Focus for the Mindblade line.

Community thoughts?

And @ Ngreth, are any of these three options on the table?

Edit: Realized after writing this that exact #'s for the focus aren't decided upon until later. I'm leaving them in anyway. Hopefully we can get a gauge on how realistic the above suggested numbers "feel."
    Sancus and fransisco like this.
  19. Sindaiann Augur

I agree with gotwar. Time to switch gears.

- IoG duration extension for the enchanter only I would assume? 50% duration increase applicable to raid bp that affected group would be quite nice, but may be a tad much? I would welcome it but not sure it would ever happen

- GoCh proc increase - I wouldn't mind this if they fixed it so that our dd dot component spells (Drown and Bewildering) didn't eat the GoCh proc while using the base 40% spell damage increase without using the 100%crit chance. While that is a seperate topic, it has effectively netted us a 3-5% dps decrease as a result because our nukes are no longer the sole user of those GoCh procs (which the nukes utilized both the 100% crit chance and the 40% base spell damage increase).

- Critical damage focus for the mindblade line - I actually really like this idea. Are we talking a focus that would effectively give crit damage focus for all 3? Mindsunder, mindscythe and mindcleave? Would be interesting if so because that would make our 95 > polyrefractive again as a result.

All that said, if we do change what the bp focus is due to the fact most would agree something more desirable is needed since the unity nerf, I propose that a type 3 -2sec recast aug be added since Ngreth said that the unity nerf recast times were taken into consideration and implemented with the knowledge of having the -2sec recast there. Just makes more sense to move that to a type 3 imo.
    gotwar likes this.
  20. fransisco Augur

Totally agree Gotwar.
    I love ideas 1 and 2. I'm not so keen on #3.
    A Focus on a specific spell or spell line always causes issues when leveling. If the bp only focus's the 105 nuke, then that focus is only useful in that specific expansion.
    Consider lvl 95 bps. You can wear t1 alaris gear at 86?, but cannot use the focus until lvl 95. But by the time you are 95, you will have put on RoF gear already (lvl92), which then puts the focus off again for more levels, and this just repeats.....
    I like the idea of a focus being usable as soon as you can put the gear on and to be useful until you get better gear.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.