Eok storyline?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by quseio, Feb 22, 2017.

1. quseio Augur

I don't play anymore but I'm still a lore addict can someone summarize. What happened? So is the combine back?
  2. Swiss Augur

I'm not the best with lore but might check youtube there were videos about lore in some other expansions not sure if someone made one for current yet.
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Tsaph Katta isn't dead, he's been healed and he's looking to rebuild the Combine Empire, starting in Kunark. Meanwhile, in the power vacuum left by the fall of the Sebilsian Empire and the fact we've murdered most of Dragonkind for their treasures, the Sarnaks have organized themselves into a formidable proto-empire. Also, Atrebe Sathir (Venril's grandson) is no longer dead for some reason...or is undead...or something. He's up to no good at any case. And Gorenaire's not dead anymore either until we kill her again, and we're serious about it this time.
  4. RPoo Augur

like a bad supernatural nightime drama with too many plotholes
  5. Brohg Augur

It's my feeling that killings are only canonical if they're part of EQ's ongoing story. o.g. Ruins of Kunark was almost entirely "setting" focused, so basically only Trakanon & Phara Dar counted, and with Trakanon being undead all bets are off on his front.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  6. FurySoul Augur

kind of reminds me of Mayong Mistmoore ... Like seriously how many times did we kill him? OrFiriona and Lanys .... how are they still running around ?!
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I still want to know how old Tsaph Katta is supposed to be, cause we've heard multiple different versions.
  8. FurySoul Augur

As old as Seru and at least 20 different EQ expansions !
  9. Brohg Augur

It's canonical that he's lived fewer years than Lcea due to his time suspended in Katta Castrum after Seru poisoned him. Seru himself may have been abusing that life-extending "magical technology" with his bubble up in Sanctus Seru.
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

That's what the mob said about my guild the other night, "How are you guys still running around after I've killed you so many times?"
  11. Thrillho Augur

What makes you think they don't have someone on their team rezzing them every time we kill them? Why are we so special to be the only ones who can rez?
    FawnTemplar and Ratbo Peep like this.
  12. Fohpo Augur

[IMG]
    IblisTheMage and Tereil like this.
  13. CrazyLarth Augur

14. Janakin Augur

In the past there was time travel or dream states for same zone continuity. I think they gave up and said here is Kunark B while Kunark A still exists.
  15. Brohg Augur

Leaving a playable version of the past in game while current players progress isn't giving up. Ruins of Kunark is, like, a version of history book for a video game medium. Actually more like a primer on Kunarkian ecology, but whatever.
  16. Riou EQResource

Have to also realize that when you create a new toon, in Story you are starting at the point in time it is created at (such as TSS for CR, or base old world for regular home towns).

UNLESS the newbie places or easily accessed places introduce you to current lore to overwrite that, as your toon "ages" (levels/progresses) you progress through the lore timeline as expected. I don't think any MMO really has a new toon "existing" at current day lore (only one I can think of would be like WoW Cataclysm where they updated like 3/4 of the old world to the new story line).

I imagine if they had the technology that newer games do they would just have it so when you hit certain levels/progression the new area would full replace the old area, they don't though, so instead of revamping the zone to high level and messing up both sides (which a lot of people also hate), it's just left there and you have to suspend disbelief and know that the new zone is the current day version that exists in the story.
  17. FurySoul Augur

I personally enjoy the mixed bag of time line content. Its not hard to grasp the idea that OG Kunark and EoK Kunark are in different points of a time line. Maybe the devs got tired of having to explain this over the numerous expansions and so now its just like, we are making an expansion based on X story and, deal with it.
    IblisTheMage and Brohg like this.
  18. IblisTheMage Augur

A bit like having different comic books in the same universe...
  19. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Because we (players) don't just kill a thing, we kill a thing, it's family, friends and everything that knew it or ever had contact with it on the off chance they might be carrying something valuable or shiny. There is no one -left- to rez them all.

Also, rez spells come from the gods, and dragons all worship the wrong one.
    FawnTemplar likes this.
  20. Janakin Augur

Yeah, technically the suspension of disbelief is there when 30 minutes later the mobile you just killed is back ;)

I am going to go with the Nexus stones used are transporting me to an alternate timeline where Ruins of Kunark does not exits but instead the Empires of Kunark does. When leaving that alternate timeline it then takes me "back to life, back to reality. Back to the here and now yeah."