5 fps on one account, 100 fps on other account, same PC

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Telkiney, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Telkiney Elder

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone might have ran into this issue before and knows a fix.

On my Warriors account I log into 5-10 fps in the bazaar, I log out and lot into my Monk's account and have 100 fps in the same spot. The warrior account is virtually unplayable. Doesn't make any sense to me as they run out of the same directory and same eqclient.ini.

I've tried changing the core affinities, turning off everything, enabling item streaming, cliping plane at 25% (not that it should matter since the other account is running fine on same settings)

I even deleted all the character files for the warrior account to see if for what ever reason it was a bad ini.

Nothing is working.

i7 6700k cooled by noctua nh-d15
    GTX 980ti
    32 gb corsair dominator plat DDR4 3000
    960 EVO M.2 SSD
  2. FixShamanPlease Elder

Only in bazaar zone?
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

If you haven't already, try renaming your warrior's log file so EQ will automatically create a new one for him.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Phantom Ghost Augur

I'd try what Xyroff said, or just copy the monks layout and see if that fixes... maybe something is corrupt?
  5. Thash Zoner

It might be off base but if the problem is bazaar only, both /baz and /bart menus have character-specific "hide all" buttons. If you have a high clip plane and detailed models loaded, the hundreds of player models being processed could be affecting your framerate.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Do you have it set to hide bazaar traders on both accounts?
  7. Telkiney Elder

Unfortunately, the bazaar stuff is a red herring, I apologize for mentioning it. This occurs in every zone I've been in since reinstalling. Just for testing today I deleted my entire EQ directory and reinstalled from scratch, default settings.

Issue seem resolved logging into one or the other account was fine.. until I tried running two clients at the same time. Then the second client was jacked with the frame rate problem. The kicker is after logging out of both and then just back in with one.. my framerate is crap again.

At max settings I'm talking about everything up shares, clipping plane, most memory used, max textures my pc handled the game fine. As soon as I loaded more than 2 toons it all went to 5 fps now.

restarting the computer doesn't help I can't get any frames back even with only one instance of EQ running. This makes no sense. ... Its rather turning me off from coming back. I'm hoping someone else has experienced this and knows a fix. but simply "turning down my settings" isn't the fix.
    disgruntled likes this.
  8. Gosan Kai Elder

Have you tried going into your options (while logged into a character):
    - Click the Display Tab
    -- Advanced
    --- Set Max. Background FPS to Unlimited?

There may be a glitch when EQ thinks your foreground character is running in the background. I would turn Max. Frames Per Second to unlimited as well. You can mess around with a few of the other settings if that doesn't fix it.
  9. Kruler Journeyman

EQ1 isnt exactly optimized for hyperthreading or even multi cores, but I also found that setting Background FPS to unlimited helped and I have the same set up as you bar brand names.
    disgruntled likes this.
  10. Telkiney Elder

Having both FPS limiters at unlimited didn't help unfortunately. But I believe I've narrowed down how it occurs. Unfortunately again it makes not sense to me.

I completely reinstalled Again, everything is fine, I'm playing fine, I load multi boxes all on default settings everything is good right? I'm literally 6 boxing with no less then 40 frames

I start playing with my graphics settings and everything is still fine, I even logged out and came back in the next day.

So I thought it was all behind me so I set up my UI (default UI just changing the windows and chats and such) for my main character, everything is still fine.... Until... I copy the layout to another toon.

Bam frames back to 5-10ish in populated areas 20ish if I'm alone.

What the heck?! am I stuck reinstalling once again and then having to do the whole UI manually for all toons?
    disgruntled likes this.
  11. Sarkaukar Augur

What graphic settings? In game? Which settings? Are you using more than one directory?

First, Power Options, set to High Performance? Nvidia Power Management changed from adaptive to Max Performance. This ensures the game (each instance) is actually using your Nvidia GPU and not the CPU gpu.

Using same EQ directory? If so, eqclient.ini, locate CPUAffinity0, etc = 0/1/2 .. change the number after = to a -1 for every line. This spreads the games across all cores.

Also, Alt J for each toon. Make sure Journal is turned off. Also /log off for each toon.

And if loading more than 1 toon, I would suggest setting FPS to 60. If using more than one directory, do it for each one.