RIP Spell market

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zeklia, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Mowens Elder

lol @ you participating in exploits.
  2. Chubba bubba Journeyman

I mean I know someone who bought 100's of spells... the real fix here is going to just be to put the merchants back in... What difference does it make? Xpac has been out for weeks now and tons of spells already in came... so what?
  3. Trizek Augur

Servers been up too long for a Rollback, I'd back a Roll Back if we get a double exp for a day or something.

But personally I feel as if bring the merchant back WITHOUT the spells. And pretend it didin't happen. Congrats to those who got it. However the spells should be a hell of a lot cheaper now that the majority have the spells now. I'd bet all the ones which were over or pushing near 10k to all be under 5k. So if you did not get the spells, in theory, they should be a lot cheaper to get.
    Taladir likes this.
  4. MabbuPhinny Augur

You guys suck. I mean really. Just close the game already...put us out of our misery.

You might as well open up the vendor spells 61-64 entirely for everyone now. The integrity of spell turn ins for those levels is gone now. Why should we even loot them at this point.

WoW needs to open a progression server, like now. Then I'm gone...for a year or so. Then I'll be back, but I'll be angry still!
    Chubba bubba likes this.
  5. Atabishi Augur

Why are you guys even mad? Spells that you want were available for a short time. If you were able to get them, then great that's awesome. If you weren't, be happy that all the spells will be tanking in price and you'll end up paying 1/20th of what you would of had to pay if this didn't happen. You guys couldn't see a good thing if it slapped you in the face.

Also to save you some time with replies, I'm not in the spell reselling game and have never sold a single spell.
    Taladir likes this.
  6. Mowens Elder

Spells were a great way to make plat. They no longer are. You aren't mad because you're a cockblocker who goes against everyone else. OGC is so obnoxious. They love to capitalize on anything they can and block others from doing so.
  7. nagash101 Augur

Because those spell drops are part of the journey, killing and getting the loot to turn them in. What is the point now. Revert back the Spell Research change also, what is the point of that or add ALL the old spells from previous expacs to the vendors.
    Tudadar likes this.
  8. Atabishi Augur

If spells were a great way to make plat for you, sounds to me more like YOU are the one blocking people from getting the spells they need to be able to progress by charging ridiculous prices for them in the bazaar.
    Gencat likes this.
  9. Taladir Augur

I never thought I could honestly agree with you, but you done did it.
  10. Vexus New Member

Why not put in Druid/Shaman res if you're going to put in Cleric aoe res?
    DimaREZBANKED likes this.
  11. tuttles Augur

why take out rogue poisons if we're going to inject other out of era spells!
  12. taliefer Augur

this is the bigger question. why is this "out of era" spell ok to put in, but others arent? especially ones that were added for basically the same reason, QOL
  13. Gencat New Member

So Mowens, How triggered are you? I mean I can tell it's atleast a 7 out of 10 considering you had to put. an. emphasis. on. every. 3. words.

You are the equivalent of a 14 year old girl throwing a temper tantrum about a lemonade stand 3 feet away undercutting your overpriced, and watered down lemonade.
  14. Taladir Augur

You know, the devs can make a decision like this simply because they say so. This is not some form of democracy as so many forumgoers seem to think. Games are pieces of art, and the development team has creative control.
    MaxTheLion likes this.
  15. Atabishi Augur

If you feel they are part of the journey, then nothing is stopping you from continuing....on your journey lol. If you like to get spells by farming them or spell research, then do it. If you want to be lazy, buy em. It's always been this way since day 1 of EQ.
    MaxTheLion likes this.
  16. taliefer Augur

and as a customer, i can question anything i feel like. of course they dont have to answer, but its damn silly to be so about certain "out of era" things and not others.

personally im for all "out of era" things to be in that were added to address certain aspects of game balance. knight deflection discs, lower level versions of spell lines, etc
  17. Healbro Elder

I don't know why anyone is freaking out about cleric "AoE rez". Its a max of 8 corpses for 2400 mana and requires you to be out of combat to cast. It's nearly completely worthless as a spell. I wouldn't shed a single tear if they took it away. I honestly can't think of a time I'd want to use it. I'd rather click my epic 8 times and save the mana to MGB HoV. Arguing its the same as rogue poisons or knight deflection is insanity.

As far as the rest of the spells /shrug. I personally don't like it when things are available for like an hour or two then taken away and only the people able to log on during that small window are able to take advantage of whatever it is (Puma mount/These spell vendors.etc) I think either they should leave it in for everyone or take it away. Makes no sense to let some people keep it and block it from others just cause they happened to be online at the time. But it is what it is. It's not even close to enough to make me quit the game or anything. Mild annoyances at best.
    Glokta likes this.
  18. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

The real upset here is there was obviously an oversight on when and what should be properly put in.

In one fell swoop, the entire 61-64 spell market was destroyed, all 61-64 barters were wiped out. I'd be willing to guess at least one individual was able to wipe out all barters for a hefty sum. I'm sure none of those barter guys are happy at all right now. In the same swoop, confidence was lost in Daybreak.

I would hope future releases are more thoroughly tested. I've lobbied for a Phinigel-like test server, where players can /testcopyTLP and test changes like this well before they're implemented. Test does not completely test the actual TLP environment with some features that overlap/supercede the TLP rule set.
    Gencat and Tudadar like this.
  19. Chubba bubba Journeyman

Merchants are back. I think this was the right decision.
  20. JethroGibbs Journeyman

This is what made you lose confidence in Daybreak? Lol.