RIP Spell market

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zeklia, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Zeklia Lorekeeper

pok just popped....got some new merchants.....spells included
  2. Dilf Augur

3. Snafuy New Member

every 61-64 spell is there from PoP even some out of era ones enjoy
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Could you be specific about which spells are out of era?
    I'm looking into why the restrictions on the sale of the turn in items are not working.
  5. Zapsos Augur

For example the Cleric AE Rez: Larger Reviviscence
  6. Zeklia Lorekeeper

the cleric aoe rez is in
  7. taliefer Augur

i havent seen anything out of era. ive looked for don, ldon spells/tomes, even the ykesha quested ones dont appear to be for sale, and none of the vendors are selling anything over 64 spells.

its mostly just a case of the PoP 61 to 64 spells being vendor buyable atm
  8. Polekn Augur

The only out of era spell that I found was Spell: Larger Reviviscence.
  9. Glokta New Member

Clerics received:

Larger Reviviscence - definitely out-of-era (RoF)

But thank you for giving us Supernal Remedy - much appreciated (and yes it's in-era!!!).
  10. kthehammy Elder

11. Gnog Elder

Does this mean it was intended to make all spells available on vendors? What about that decision is in-era?
  12. The Badger Lord Augur

Its entire Merchants with the label 61-70 spells are up. Not just the out of Era restrictions. If an out of era spell is Daybreaks only concern then they once again show they dont give a hoot about the purpose and spirit of a TLP. Velious Launch, FV toon rollbacks coming over with millions of plat, defiant armor, etc.

EVery class now has its spell merchant for all planar 61-64 up, which destroyed the whole purpose of Spells in POP, which is a big part of this expansion. The whole purpose of making spells harder to acquire in POP was designed for a reason, and now they can be purchased for 150plat. On top of that, people rushed the /barter market for spells and made quite a nice profit. People spent alot of time, effort, and or money acquiring these spells, and now everyone can just buy them so easily with an out of era mechanic. You are not suppose to be able to buy your Current expansions quested spells from a merchant.

This is coming from a person who only had a few 61-64 spells. It's about TLP and the spirit of the server, not about anything else.

I logged onto solo some PoN PoD, but then saw the merchants were up, and lost all desire to go hunt in the planes as I can go to Chardok and many other places and get better exp on the bottom. The whole purpose of hunting in many of these zones was for parchments and spells.
    DimaREZBANKED likes this.
  13. Taladir Augur

I'm pretty sure he is indicating that turn-in spells are supposed to be restricted for sale, but for some reason they're not.
  14. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

That the spectral parchments and Ethereal parchment spells are for sale as well?
  15. Trevalon Augur

At this point you might as well leave them in. Unless your gonna do a rollback of the server you wont be able to get rid of these spells because they are legit spells (other than cleric Mass Rez - You should get rid of that).

If you take them away now after half the server has now bought all their 61-64 spells then that is complete bs.

I just feel bad for those who spent alot of Krono on buying these spells a week or two ago
  16. Raytheon Augur

I cannot imagine the devastation that some of the /barter spell flippers will be logging into.
  17. Astley Augur

Yeah...

Guys... he said the turn-in spells from ethereals and spectrals were SUPPOSED to be restricted.
  18. DimaREZBANKED Journeyman

Well, whole economy is wrecked, prolly should have tested that one. I had spells up on my bazaar trader worth 20-40k, which are now worth 25plat.
  19. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

DoN Druid Fear Instinctual Panic I saw on Wanderer Kedrisan.
  20. The Badger Lord Augur

Unless they roll it back, which they should, the damage is done.

I went ahead and purchased the spells just in case. If i lose a few thousand plat, so be it. I don't play much, dont have many 61-64 spells without this, and I'm still for a rollback and setting it right.