VT Bane Weapons

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bewts, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Bewts Augur

Did anyone see Great Bow of Slaughter drop while they were clearing VT be it on Phinny or on RF?

I think I recall seeing one drop on EQMac back in the day, but memory is a bit fuzzy if it was that or the shadow bow.

Curious if it actually still drops; not that its useful once PoP launches.
  2. DryalRmog Augur

4ish full clear so far on RF

Seen sword of slaughter, seen the rog weapon, never seen bow.
  3. Religious Elder

I can confirm we had at least two Great Bow of Slaughter drop during our time spent in Vex Thal on Phinigel.
  4. Moggman Elder

can also confirm i saw atleast 2 bows drop and i personally own 1 of them from phinny
  5. Bewts Augur

Many a guild simply cleared and placed CotH bots, some even went as far as kiting and pulling to zone in.

I'm not surprised few bane weapons in general were obtained. Sadly, they should drop from the bosses as trash is something avoided in these zones. At least then the weapons would be more plentiful.

Thanks for the feedback, we couldn't agree last night if there was a "big bane" bow or just the shadow bow.

Plenty of QQ last night with my alt ranger hitting 420 dps on blob 1 under TS ;)

Curious how the bane bow would fare over Seru's in that scenario.
  6. Raytheon Augur

I have one on Phinny. VT banes were stupid rare, but we seemed to get bows more than anything.
  7. Warlorf Augur

We got a Bow or Two as well
  8. Zeklia Lorekeeper

think we got 2. But the reason why your guild probably never saw one drop is because alot of guilds now are bypassing the trash because they use the Window exploit
  9. Zanarnar Augur

We cleared all the trash each week, and still only saw a handful of these. If my memory serves it was 4 total (Again, if I remember right: a dagger, a 2hb, a 1hb, and a 2h sword) So even clearing all the garbage out of the way didn't really help.
  10. Bewts Augur

Lots of CotH in our case. After the initial plow and placement anyways.

As for rarity, the banes are just... Rare as the preferred method is to avoid killing trash in general. Most of the CotH locations lack a concentration of Eoms which contributes to the perceived rarity as Eoms are the bane droppers.

No idea what exploit you're referencing. I just get CotH around and heal people.
  11. Utdaan Augur

Looking at one in my inventory right now on Phinny. On Al'Kabor, no one really farmed TXD (Temerity killed him once, just to say we did) so likely no one had the Bow of Flames or Shadows there. I had a GBoS on AK as well.
    Bewts likes this.
  12. Bewts Augur

Nice to see a familiar EQMac name on here. Hello from Bifa and Reksar of <Dark Conquest>!
    Utdaan likes this.