Can fix all afk kill in EOK plz

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by seber, Feb 20, 2017.

1. seber Augur

this week I work on Eok prog ever were AFK bots kill days and days omg DB fix this bs ......................
    Ghostdog likes this.
  2. Millianna Augur

As long as they are paying customers DB will do nothing. However, there is one way ro fix it.
    svann likes this.
  3. MrMajestykx Augur

grammar for the win and there is a way to fix your issue if you get creative enough.
  4. Gundolin Augur

If it really is being run by a decent bot that won't fix it. You'll waste more of your actual game playing time than it would cost the bot running in the background of someone's computer.

But where are you running into AFK bots in EOK? I'm not seeing them in Droga, SW, or FM. I haven't spent much time in the other zones recently, just curious where this is an issue.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]
    Utaerx, Aghinem and Cactuszach like this.
  6. Aghinem Augur

Just screenshot & report it.
    YellowBelly likes this.
  7. Swiss Augur

I've seen them daily in every zone in the expansion when I go there sadly, this may vary by server obviously. Then sometime later that day one of the characters is in general selling EoK rares with the rest offline lol.

Some of them are much more advanced then others. There is the afk merc groups that aren't very common in EoK and I wouldn't say are as big of an issue as the fully automated since they die and stay dead. Then there is the extreme version that moves melee characters to the same spot after every pull and everyone casts the exact same spells in the same order every time. Now some people will say you can't prove they are bots and I suppose that's correct but they do check off most the boxes on the "is it a bot" list.

I was pretty surprised when someone brought it up in general and a ton of people jumped on them saying bots are good for the game and everyone should shut up about them existing lol.
  8. Gundolin Augur

Only people who would claim that Bots are good for the game are running bots. But I just don't have an idea what you could do to fix it. Any decent bot program will rez and repeat pretty quick if you train them. Supposedly if a GM sees them they can be banned, but I haven't heard of anyone being banned in awhile.

I've been spending a lot of time down in Droga on the Rathe server though, and I have not run into them. About to move to Chardok so we'll see what happens there.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I haven't really looked for bots but any time I have been in zones and see the same folks over and over they are calling out rots and stuff so I assume they aren't bots.

BUT

Your description of botting would fit me perfectly when I box. I actually set up my campfire so I can pull mobs to the same spot each time so that another melee toon doesn't have to be adjusted to hit them and my casters just cast the same few spells over and over in the same order every time. I think anyone boxing especially six boxing has a regular order they do things in so I would suggest trying to talk to their puller before assuming they are bots. But also no harm in petitioning if they aren't bots I guess the GMs would figure it our one way or another.
    Metanis, moogs and svann like this.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

A good way to spot botters is to go up to them and use /say or tells to them, if they don't respond to you or react at all, but just continue killing, they might be bots, (or they could simply be ignoring you for other reasons).
    The above isn't a way to be sure they are botting however(it should give a hint of the possibility however), but if they keep the same rythm for (many)hours or even days, then they can only be botters.

Remember real players poop,eat and sleep, bots do not...
    I have never heard of anyone who attempted poop-socking for real...and most people can't keep a steady ingame rythm while walking to/from the bathroom with a laptop...
  11. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Then you get people like NameAlreadyInUse or whoever that was that will the defend the poor, innocent bots for pages and pages and pages.
    Azbaelus, YellowBelly and Sancus like this.
  12. Swiss Augur

I agree and understand your point. I'm not on the hunt for them or anything it's just suspicious choice of pulling only 4 nearby mobs with no named for days on end as one example.
  13. Tenaka Lorekeeper

You attempt to criticize someones grammar and cannot even start your sentence with a capital letter. Maybe try to say something constructive instead of a lame attempt at an insult.

Personally I'd just do my progression and work around a group if they were hogging an area unattended, and if I happened to have a bad pull I would apologize and move on.
    Zarsil likes this.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

True that is sort of suspicious and having chase loot dropping off any mob was bound to bring the bot armies out in force so I am sure bot activity is up.
  15. Aghinem Augur

+100 for Epic Final Fantasy 6 reference / response.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Cactuszach like this.
  16. Cactuszach Elder

This thread has a pic of Saban on the Ghost Train. 10/10. Would read again.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

A recording an petition/report are your friends here. It won't fix it instantly but maybe they'll look into it.
    It sucks but best you can hope for that they get banned in the future.
  18. Ghubuk Augur

It IS obvious there are many bot groups out there running 24/7 and DBG doesn't appear to be doing anything to stop it. It IS going to kill the game, but I guess, whatever.
  19. FixShamanPlease Elder

• remove all chase drops from mobs
    • add a surprise package to the HA vendor you can convert randomly to chase/diamond/crap, like Prizes
    • add more HA
    • adjust HA currency reward quantity / real player in group to encourage grouping
    • adjust older expansion HA if you can
  20. Ghubuk Augur

Trust me, the most rampant botters are running ha's as well using automated play.