Druid DOT damage this patch - broken on TLPs

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by DimaREZBANKED, Feb 15, 2017.

1. DimaREZBANKED Journeyman

With this latest patch today, druids on TLP servers actually lost quite a bit of DPS. We're already a hindered class from classic through the first 6 expansions...

Before the patch we were able to stack Swarming Death (37.5 DPS) and Winged Death (20.3 DPS), which would be ~58DPS in dots from the Stinging Line of DoTs.
    Now are we only able to cast Swarming, which makes our DPS 40.5. The mana cost went UP from 357 to 370, also. So we're doing less damage and it's not even cheaper to cast. Our fire dots are highly resisted, very high agro, and not applicable in many situations. I am comparing our magic line only. Please bump up the damge on Swarming to ~325/tick.

These changes are not in line with shaman and necro dots, which have increased their ratio tremendously. I've played druid as my main since 1999, I've seen all the changes come and go, we're still an under-powered class in this era on TLP.
  2. moogs Augur

On the live servers, I tested the magic wasp dot and it did 550k damage for 10k mana. Pretty efficient at high levels. It's a good change overall; might need a little tweaking for TLP.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. DimaREZBANKED Journeyman

4. DimaREZBANKED Journeyman

5. Rainlover Augur

I agree that this is a big issue. I would often do 2 or 3 of the stinnimg swarm line (using the clicks for the 3rd on longer kills). I am ok with the mana cost being used even more but damage needs to go up more. And IMO clickies should not count in the line. Makes many high end items much more worthless
    DimaREZBANKED likes this.
  6. DimaREZBANKED Journeyman

7. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Really what should've happened was they should've let Magic DoTs stack until they morph into the Horde line with 0.5s cast time. At that point onty one Horde from each Druid should stack.

As it stands, on the TLPs this change reduces a Druid ability to stack DoTs and effectively root rot or kite with DoTs.
  8. Merkutio New Member

Damage per tick for Swarming Death s/b actually higher than ~325/tick. As I posted in the bug report section, using the March 2016 Patch Preview note rule of "itself and the previous two" Swarming Death s/b ~438/tick (Swarming 225 + Winged 122 + Drifting 91). If you look at this spell line, it seems to fall in line with the rule at level 73. I have no issues with the overall change but the application has to be consistent through all the levels. As is, Druids on TLP's have been put at a disadvantage.
  9. DimaREZBANKED Journeyman

10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

This really belongs in the TLP forum not the Support forum.
  11. Stormblossom Elder

To be fair a math error that nerfs low level druids still affects low levels on live to some degree.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

To be honest no one stays low level long enough on the Live servers for it to make any difference. But it is still not a support forum issue. Possible the Bug thread if you consider it a bug from the patch but otherwise if you feel it is a TLP issue the TLP forums or a general EQ issue the Veteran forums. Also get much wider audience in either of those forums.

This forum is not for game change requests/discussions nor for bug reports on specific patches. If Daybreak hadn't given up on moderating things this would have been closed. My suggestion is a new thread in Veterans or TLP.

Of course that would be the point we DO get moderated and told not to start the same thread in multiple forums. :)
  13. DimaREZBANKED Journeyman

All 9 of my other accounts are banned, may as well add this one to the list... I'll add it to the bug forum, only place they might read a thread.