Shaman DPS/Damage

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Cauled, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Cauled New Member

Today was day two, I now have it figured out, Roar is worth the mana because the damage/heal out preforms a dot because Mobs die before the dot runs a full course. On named I don't mind using a bar of mana so Roar and HOT , then I unload the DOTS.
  2. Venedar Lorekeeper

It's good changes. For the first time its even worth having some dots up in a grp. Before they where totally useless due to low dmg. Its a perfect balance huge mana cost and a lot aggro. Fun to play around with. Im happy with the new changes.
    Runzen likes this.
  3. Jondalar Augur

What's the point of that last new spell Chaotic venom now though?
    You don't want blood on you want the fast dot on....
  4. shruggz Elder

running with a bard, the crits on blood make either or actually both of the swifts look like pin pricks, if you can maintain the mana and keep under the agro, chaotic venom is the way to go.
    I'm still playin around and learning what I can now do, but just that one spell is better dps than all the other stuff I was doing before combined just my two copper and I'm still learning.
  5. Brohg Augur

Blood/swiftpoison same dmg/tick
    Breath/swiftdisease same dmg/tick

Difference is only mana cost & duration.
  6. shruggz Elder

blood/swiftpoison maybe same per tick
    breath/swift disease maybe same per tick
    I don't doubt you Brohg I'm sure that they are.
    however when I cast chaotic venom it casts blood and nectar of woe, and a chance to cast poison spear
    and I'm not sure how but I am sure that ive seen crits from blood when cast from chaotic venom that were way far and above anything ive ever seen from a swift,
    I didn't see any super high crits in the hour or 2 I was on tonight but I know when I saw them yesterday
    I had to look at them several times to be sure I was seeing what I thought I saw
  7. shruggz Elder

sorry need to edit, spell casts blood and woe
    and a percentage chance to cast spear
    and a percentage chance to cast bite
  8. Zizzle New Member

you may have had a Twincast of Blood? We don't have a great chance to twincast but a lucky twin of a long dot is greater benefit (if the fight lasts long enough).
  9. Zizzle New Member

I should add that we of course can force Twincasts with Fleeting Spirit but our passive chance of a twin is 4%(?) with twincast aas
  10. shruggz Elder

if my crazy high dot crit were a result of a twin cast on blood I would feel much better about it, I hope that's what it is, I saw this 2 or 3 more times today so I know I'm not crazy, would it combine the damage in every tick or list it twice?, because what I'm seeing is one large number and its always blood not woe that it happens on (when casting chaotic venom) I will have to experiment with fleeting spirit and see if I can reproduce it on demand.
  11. menown Augur

When DoTs twincast, their tick damage is doubled.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You did read that correctly because the HoT/Proc buff that comes from casting roar of the lion does only have a base duration of 3 ticks (18 seconds) but after it is fully extended with AA it lasts over 2 minutes.

1:Increase Hitpoints by 8211 per tick
    5:Add Proc: Lion's Roar 6 rate mod 400

Duration:3 ticks

Roar of the Lion 6
  13. Vanlaven Elder

It is very useful, especially when solo root rotting and trying to maximize efficiency, to have an audio trigger set up for "you twin cast" so that you know you can drop one less dot on that mob
  14. shruggz Elder

after playing today my unusually high dot crits were in fact twincast of the dots, I feel better now.
    thank you zizzle,
  15. Raccoo Augur

Vengeance of Woe and Livio's Malady uses up twincast charges of Fleeting Spirit and Scarlet Cheetah without twincasting. Please upvote this bug so maybe they'll get it fixed like they did with the Necro wounds line.

-- https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-581 --
  16. IblisTheMage Augur

I play with a shaman RL buddy, we started together feb 2000.

I am loving the changes, and on the test dummy, he can easily out-dps me.

In real play, I out-dps him still, but by far less than before. Mobs live 20 sec'ish, and there is 1-5 seconds between pulls.

On a named it gets a lot better, but he still has to be extremely carefull with aggro. He is very skilled, so he does fine :)

We are groupers, with bard, enchanter, druid, shaman, mage, mage (3 players, 6 toons).

We are at a place where more dps is not needed, not until we get tougher mobs. I think we would like a zone where trash had 12-15 million hp :).
  17. Zizzle New Member

Looking at the change just put on test, I guess we were having too much fun.
    The way I read it they look to cut our enjoyment about in half.....

The good news is all those box shammies shouldn't have to worry about agro any more.
  18. Venedar Lorekeeper

Yeah it's sad tried it out on test server as well. I think they cut down the dots way to much. Worse part is to have shamans in this forum complaining on doing dps. The dot dps was nice, but in a normal grp with some meele or nuke dps the dots aint that efficent the mobs die to fast and also consume a lot of mana. But was a nice tool when you wanted do a burst of dmg. We should logg in on test and give proper feedback what we think.
    Runzen likes this.
  19. kookoo Augur

I box 4 and my main is a raiding shaman, yes dots are (were) nice , but in group game , the dps / mana ratio is bad since the mobs dying much earlier before the one min +or 2min + duration. ,,would be nice to have our reefmaw bite ( dd ) with reduced timer for fast killing group, since they double nerfs some of our dots ( much lower dps and more mana to cast for some ),............
    )
  20. kookoo Augur

anyway in raids , we had some dot's with lowered efficiency versus boss and all , if we got the same formula with the new dot's , we wouldn 't see big parses during raids ,

is there any parse with kills for a shaman with the new dot's in a fast killing group? parse in the 30 sec to 45 sec?..
    imo it's not the group game the problem, it is the raid env.............